**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Why is Nimrod considered so good against mutants?

Avi146Avi146 Posts: 313 ★★
edited June 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Am I missing Something?
The only thing he has extra against mutants is gaining double charges when duped.
How does that make so much of a diff?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options

He's much better than either of those champs He Annihilates mutants removes regen and prowess with ease Easy Playstyle And Big Shock Damage

That I agree but considering I have those two champs already ranked up that almost do the same thing…?
    Is nimrod worth ranking up?
  • Options

A single SP2 from Nimrod takes out any mutant (and there are many on my path and boss island) in AW or AQ. I don't see Ultron or WM come anywhere close to that. Most of my AW Nimrod fights against mutants are over in less than 15-20 seconds (with power boost).

But why is that?
    Why does single sp2 from Nimrod take out Mutants specifically and not other classes?
    Cause of class advantage?😂 or am I missing something?
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    He’s a beast in general with great damage but he also has special benefits against mutants as well as prowess/regen passive removal which was unique until yondu’s buff.
  • Options

He’s a beast in general with great damage but he also has special benefits against mutants as well as prowess/regen passive removal which was unique until yondu’s buff.

What exactly are the unique benefits against mutants besides gaining double armor ups?
  • Options

Bruh read his abilities and you'll find out why 🗿🗿

I did like thrice lol
    Can you pls help me out with what am I missing here
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Would recommend checking out YouTube, I personally have no clue how to use him but I’m sure people in there will
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    It's the prowess removal that makes him super unique. Building his charges quickly allows you to finish fights fast too when he goes into dual mode that builds power back quickly and increases special attack damage at the same time.

Fight a beefy Kitty Pride or unblockable Sauron with warlock/Ultron and then go back and with nimrod and see how much easier it is when you remove those prowess, reduce their power gain and nuke them down with a single sp2.

My nimrod is banned in almost every Battlegrounds match ong with Torch - there's a reason. They all do something very well, bit nimrod handle the mutant class (exception is Bishop) like torch does mystic.

I have warlock, Ultron and nimrod all at r3 and nimrod is seeing the most action these days, but I love all 3.
  • Options

Would recommend checking out YouTube, I personally have no clue how to use him but I’m sure people in there will

Yeaa I mean I know how to use him just that Idk the extra benefits
  • Options
    Skiddy212 said:

Have you used him against mutants?

Cause then that question will answer itself

Yea I have but I couldn’t figure out why his dmg was better but anyways thanks to Magnus
  • Options
    altavista said:

To your Prowess removal point, War Machine's ability is locked behind SP1. Nimrod just has to be in the right mode via basic attacks. Additionally, Nimrod removes and does damage at the same time.

Likewise, Nimrod doesn't just remove Regen (like a Heal block), but does damage at the same time.

Since Mutants typically have a big special damage focus, Nimrod also has things that affect power levels or the attack damage of defender's specials.

There definitely is some overlap in what Ultron and Nimrod can do, but Nimrod just has a lot of small useful things in his kit that make Mutants a cakewalk.

I do see your point though, that you already have Ultron + War Machine to cover some of what Nimrod can do. If your rank up materials are scarce, I understand not wanting to rank up Nimrod due to the concern about redundancy. But, I just want to say that Nimrod is definitely a great rank up, in a vacuum.

Ahhh Finally!!
    The explanation I needed thanks a lot
    Gotcha

Ok one last question P99 or Nimrod?(nimrod is duped)
  • Options
    Nimrod
  • Options

Nimrod

Cool thanks
  • Options
    Artoria77Artoria77 Posts: 2,546 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    Doesn't facing mutants reduce it's ramp-up meaning more attack from armour and getting in the sweet shock damage in half the time?
  • Options
    Unio77 said:

Doesn't facing mutants reudce it's ramp-up meaning more attack from armour and getting in the sweet shock damage in half the time?

Yea and extra dmg from armor ups
    Gotcha thanks!
  • Options
    Unio77 said:

Doesn't facing mutants reudce it's ramp-up meaning more attack from armour and getting in the sweet shock damage in half the time?

Takes about the same time to get the shock damage. But in mutant fights you don’t need to worry about timing at all!
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 216 ★★
    edited June 2022
    - Ramp faster (more damage)
    - Prowess effect removal (buff and pasive)
    - Regen effect removal (buff and pasive)
    - Immunity to ability accuracy modification

I used my 5* r5 for this fight, but I have him 6* also and I'm going to rank him to r4 tomorrow. He is a beast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzjQ-H3tLeo

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Try playing him. I used his 3*r3 against rol wolvy and he was so much fun