**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Why is Nimrod considered so good against mutants?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JestuhJestuh Posts: 274 ★★★
    Avi146 said:

Am I missing Something?
    The only thing he has extra against mutants is gaining double charges when duped.
    How does that make so much of a diff?

Nimrod does so much more than that. He is to mutants what human torch is to mystics.

I’m blitz protocol he can replace all prowess and heal buffs, EVEN PASSIVE ONES, with a shock debuff. So apoc, Havok, storm, jubilee, prof x all lose their one trick and get shocked for their troubles. None of the Wolvie scan regenerate. Weapon x can’t heal. Bishop is the only mutant that stands a chance because shock just powers him up.

In any fight start with your s1 and try to fire the s1 as the timer that alternates between blitz and titan protocol changes over. If you do that your s1 will give power gain and energy vuln to the enemy. Parry and taunt specials in titan mode and then switch to blitz or enter eradicate mode to throw his s2. You’ll do 50k damage easy on a 5/65 on his s2 then.

Then use s3 to heal up a little and do some more damage if you need to.
  • Options
    Avi146Avi146 Posts: 313 ★★
    jdeck59 said:

Find a beefy Weapon X in tier 1 Aw and take in nimrod and then you'll see

Ahh I’m retired from war:(
  • Options
    Jestuh said:

Avi146 said:

Am I missing Something?
    The only thing he has extra against mutants is gaining double charges when duped.

Nimrod does so much more than that. He is to mutants what human torch is to mystics.

I’m blitz protocol he can replace all prowess and heal buffs, EVEN PASSIVE ONES, with a shock debuff. So apoc, Havok, storm, jubilee, prof x all lose their one trick and get shocked for their troubles. None of the Wolvie scan regenerate. Weapon x can’t heal. Bishop is the only mutant that stands a chance because shock just powers him up.

In any fight start with your s1 and try to fire the s1 as the timer that alternates between blitz and titan protocol changes over. If you do that your s1 will give power gain and energy vuln to the enemy. Parry and taunt specials in titan mode and then switch to blitz or enter eradicate mode to throw his s2. You’ll do 50k damage easy on a 5/65 on his s2 then.

Then use s3 to heal up a little and do some more damage if you need to.
    Woww yeaaaa didn’t think about the fact that almost every mutant has regen/prowess lol.
  • Options

Nimrod is the only tech/metal champion who absolutely smokes Rags!

haha true
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 551 ★★★
    Avi146 said:

Am I missing Something?

Ramping up twice as fast of course, but even more importantly in my opinion is removing prowess and regens on hit. Not strictly to be used against mutants, but both very prevalent in the mutant class. That alone is enough for me. He's been on my AW team like every time cause there's so many pesky mutant defenders.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Tanky AF
    Double immunities
    Easy ramp up
    Passive damage burst
    Best counter for Prowess based champs, many of which are annoying defenders
    Underrated counter for Weapon X
    Can also be used on defense
    2x fast ramp-up might not seem significant on paper but it matters a lot in fights
    U need to use him in prowess / regen based matchups to see his worth
    The only con I can think of is that he gives the defender a lot of will power healing in AW & BGs
  • Options
    Ghost12Ghost12 Posts: 604 ★★★
    Avi146 said:

Am I missing Something?

Immune to armor break, armor shatter against any class.

Benefits against mutants, attack boosted, AA immune, shocks hit hard, nullifies both regen and prowess effects, places cowardice which reduces opponents special attack then places power lock on his orange mode, gets unstoppable and energize on blue mode two useful buffs, orange places energy vulnerability and his l2 places passive shocks that deal plenty of damage. He easily encounters red mags don't even gotta worry about his l3 doing damage to you and counters easily Storm pyramid X by shutting her glance buff. He is not meant for everyone but Nimrod is far better than war machine and ultron against mutants. But again choice is you'res there's you're essay to read of why his worthy lmao
  • Options
    KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    Killed r3 Sauron on hazard shift mini in 32 hits if that’s a good enough reference😂
  • Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    Ignoring his anti-mutant abilities, he counters mutant champions in many ways

-robot, therefore counters OR's spores
    -can remove Kitty's passive prowesses, disabling her Phasing and getting free damage off shocks
    -can remove WeaponX passive regens
    -constant armor ups, countering Havok
    -reparrying a stun immune Apoc lets you stack TONS of armor ups. I've hit and maintained over 15 armor ups multiple times in this match-up.
    -immune to AAR, therefore magnetism from either mags does nothing to him
    -in addition to the above, he also has no chance abilities, and therefore domino can never proc critical failure against him
    -any regen sinister gains gets instantly turned into a shock
  • Options
    TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 371 ★★★
    Nimrods ability against mutants guarantees that if played right (without too much effort), when you hit your SP2 you will activate both modes and melt.
    The regen and prowess removal is insanely easy.

Just be careful against Havok, ensure you always have an armour up otherwise he may drive plasma insane (there are ways around this too)
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Avi146 said:

Skiddy212 said:

Have you used him against mutants?

Cause then that question will answer itself

Yea I have but I couldn’t figure out why his dmg was better but anyways thanks to Magnus
    lol - special 2 goes pew is all i gotta say
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    What I love about Nimrod is his super easy access to prowess/regen removal. You don't need anything to access it. You don't need any synergies (like Howard), you don't need to throw any particular special attack (like War Machine), you just need to hit your opponent and they'll go down fast. Not only do you remove their prowess and regen, but you're also actively replacing it with shocks. This makes him so incredibly good vs champions that gain prowess and regen like mad, such as Kitty, Toad or Sauron. Moreover, he's incredibly tanky. I think I ate two of Hyperion's SP3s in BG during that Power Snack week and Nimrod just shrugged it off and won the fight anyway.

I would recommend you try him in practice mode if you've got any good mutants. Just try him out vs any of the Magnetos, Toad, Sauron, Kitty, Havok or Apocalypse. I bet you'll quickly see what everyone's raving about. :smile:
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Thank you so much everyone!!
    So many ppl saying how good he is….. I took him over Ghost