**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Entirely Absurd, Crazy, Sick Loading Screen!

SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
edited June 2022 in General Discussion

It’s absurd how cool this guys magic looks. What do you guys think?

P.S.
Is there anyway I could get that blue color palette? I was planning on making a game and that blue really pops!

Comments

• Options
    NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

NearJr said:

I think the hand holding is ridiculous too, it looks weak, like they're only hovering over each other's hand, not a firm grip. It's akin to weak handshakes, I hate weak noodle-like handshakes.

Maybe Hulkling is like hey let's hold hands and Wiccan is like dude, you get so sweaty when you fly and my gloves don't go all the way to my fingertips, I need some airflow in there man.
    I never thought of the sweat factor, although it depends on the altitude. The plot thickens...
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    A little brighter for us night dwellers!!
    Just stating an observation.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    Was expecting something else entirely to go down in this thread.
    Glad that wasn't the case
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,164 ★★★★
    NearJr said:

DNA3000 said:

NearJr said:

I think the hand holding is ridiculous too, it looks weak, like they're only hovering over each other's hand, not a firm grip. It's akin to weak handshakes, I hate weak noodle-like handshakes.

Maybe Hulkling is like hey let's hold hands and Wiccan is like dude, you get so sweaty when you fly and my gloves don't go all the way to my fingertips, I need some airflow in there man.
    I never thought of the sweat factor, although it depends on the altitude. The plot thickens...
    I think at speed it would come straight off. Like when there are rain droplets on your car window, when you drive they slide horizontally
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Look, if no one else is going to say it, then I will. This hand holding is ridiculous:

I mean, Hulkling is going to be hitting the back of Wiccan's head with every wing beat. They should be like, facing each other or something. Oh, I know what you're going to say, Wiccan can fly too, maybe he's providing all the forward thrust. But look at their hands: Hulkling is clearly pushing forward on Wiccan, no one's pulling anyone forward with Wiccan's grip.

I think it is important at times like these that we offer the proper representation of realistic aerodynamics. Laminar flow is out there, whether you believe in it or not, and we all need to recognize the importance of respectfully including all aspects of kinematic physics in our media.

Actually Wiccan hand doesn't match his wrist. That pose is physically impossible unless his wrist is shattered.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Dshu said:

DNA3000 said:

Look, if no one else is going to say it, then I will. This hand holding is ridiculous:

I mean, Hulkling is going to be hitting the back of Wiccan's head with every wing beat. They should be like, facing each other or something. Oh, I know what you're going to say, Wiccan can fly too, maybe he's providing all the forward thrust. But look at their hands: Hulkling is clearly pushing forward on Wiccan, no one's pulling anyone forward with Wiccan's grip.

I think it is important at times like these that we offer the proper representation of realistic aerodynamics. Laminar flow is out there, whether you believe in it or not, and we all need to recognize the importance of respectfully including all aspects of kinematic physics in our media.

Actually Wiccan hand doesn't match his wrist. That pose is physically impossible unless his wrist is shattered.
    Hulkling is a very strong dude.
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    i dont get it, they are holding thumbs not hands xD
  • Options
    AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
    I’ve never understood the point of the gloves without the fingertips. Fingertips getting cold is the worst part.

For weight lifting maybe? Hulkling looks pretty heavy.
  • Options
    NearJrNearJr Posts: 147 ★★
    Aldac said:

I’ve never understood the point of the gloves without the fingertips. Fingertips getting cold is the worst part.

Another issue I see with wearing gloves is, if he's firing energy bolts or spells from his hands, the gloves will most certainly get destroyed. Does that mean he puts on a new pair every time he finishes a spell? That just seems wasteful.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Aldac said:

Smartphone generation.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Thank you. You might have been making a joke but the unnatural-ness of their hand holding was the first thing that struck me when I looked at this. Especially W’s hand
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Aldac said:

Smartphone generation.
    True. I know plenty of people during winter time that make sure that their thumb and index finger are accessible for the screen.
  • Options
    UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    Dshu said:

DNA3000 said:

That's why they're probably flying to the hospital.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    NearJr said:

Well, at least Wiccan can fly too.

If he couldn't...
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,831 ★★★★★
    Looks like an electro gambit, very cool
  • Options
    firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    I was gonna say Nameless thanos still has the best loading screen and put it here but for some reason I can't find an image of it anywhere.
    So, jokes aside, I still think this one is the best they've ever done.

• Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Let’s be honest though, with the orientation of their bodies and the fact that Hulkling most likely doesn’t glide most of the time that he flies, these guys are never achieving laminar flow around themselves. The cape would also make it quite difficult, while both of them holding their knees out just seems uncomfortable and difficult if they are flying at any useful speed.

Also, to the person that said that Wiccan wearing gloves is unrealistic because orbs of energy flowing around his hands would destroy them: you gotta account for the fact that his gloves could be enchanted, or the magic could just be giving off light that reaches his hand, but only actually produce a destructive field in a spherical layer around his hand and outwards when he projects it. Clearly not the most unrealistic part of these shots.

My favorite part of all is that their hair is sitting like they are just frozen mid-air. It would be flying straight backwards if they had attained any speed unless this was the apex of their flight and they started to decelerate.
    Or maybe Wiccan has a magical bubble around them that moves the air around them at the same speed as they are moving so their hair can stay perfect and they can just hover without putting forth effort. Who knows when magic is involved.