**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Putting the Free AW Revives to Work

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
...or at least our opponents' revives.

My alliance has had an absolutely abysmal AW season so far. We've had a bunch of close losses in a row so we fell hard in the matchmaking. Eventually, we pulled ourselves together just as we happened upon an unsuspecting alliance who was just not ready for us. I feel a little bad for them.

But hey, at least their revives were free.

Comments

• Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    What was the death total?
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,661 Guardian
    This reminds me when I retired to a weak alliance for awhile, my bosses would typically have 20-45 deaths most wars. It was good times playing in Silver 2 lol
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,661 Guardian

Pikolu said:

This reminds me when I retired to a weak alliance for awhile, my bosses would typically have 20-45 deaths most wars. It was good times playing in Silver 2 lol

We don’t support bullying here
    Is it really bullying if the battlegroup I was in only had me and 1 other person placing defenders?
  • Options
    HakanX46HakanX46 Posts: 8
    Just had a T5 war with 150 (!) defender kills with some left. It's just the state of the game. Had some issues too, because Falcon is suddenly not working anymore on the same lane (9) and defenders I always use him against. I'm not even bothering anymore to let kabam know.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,473 ★★★★
    Ercarret said:

My alliance has had an absolutely abysmal AW season so far. We've had a bunch of close losses in a row so we fell hard in the matchmaking. Eventually, we pulled ourselves together just as we happened upon an unsuspecting alliance who was just not ready for us. I feel a little bad for them.

Not in master of course, but it's not a bad strategy to a point. If someone happens to die 3 times to the same defender it can't hurt to die 3 or 4 more times on purpose. Some alliances don't pay attention and if they see they have a decent lead in deaths, that isn't actually true, they might not heal to full or boost, causing them to die more.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Yeah, AW isn't really geared/balanced towards alliances with very mixed members (such as mine and, by the sound of it, your previous one). A few top-tier members can't really carry a whole alliance to a top-tier placement so you'll kind of average out at some place where everyone can contribute roughly the same. That can, however, create some extremely uneven situations at times. Such as now. They had the huge misfortune of fighting our alliance just as I had r4'd my iBom.

Gotta give them some props, though. They were severely outgunned but ultimately managed to get down two out of three bosses and explore a decent percentage of the map. I did not expect that when I first saw that they had so much trouble fighting our champions.
  • Options
    Riptide said:

What was the death total?

117 on their side, 9 on ours.

Ercarret said:

Not in master of course, but it's not a bad strategy to a point. If someone happens to die 3 times to the same defender it can't hurt to die 3 or 4 more times on purpose. Some alliances don't pay attention and if they see they have a decent lead in deaths, that isn't actually true, they might not heal to full or boost, causing them to die more.
    That's actually really sneaky. I kinda like it, haha.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Pikolu said:

I did this last year or so, joined an irl friend’s alliance which was completely casual in bronze and just placed R3 defenders on boss island and rest of defence were 4*. Gotta help your mates get those 3 and 4* shards somehow lol.