**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss Preparation Advice

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
edited June 2022 in Strategy and Tips
So, I decided that I’m going to do Abyss sometime this summer. I’ve done one path of LoL, but never done an abyss path. I’ve heard from some that it would be very beneficial to just do a full mutant team, and that way I could get completion and finish that Carina challenge.

This is what I’ve got in terms of my mutant roster as well as the horseman of the abyss. I’m very unfamiliar with the Abyss, but I know there are traditional numbered paths that people most commonly take as well as champion-specific nodes on every fight. If there’s a website or infographic that anyone knows of that can give some of that info, please share. Otherwise, I would love some tips or insight on who you used to clear abyss and which path(s) you took. Let me know if any more of my roster pictures would help in giving advice. Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    I had some of the easiest fights in the abyss with ramped up Stryfe. So regardless of if you're going for mutant run or not, I suggest adding Stryfe and Red Magneto to your team. My mutant run cost me way less than my initial completion run I did with Aegon, Doom, Fury, Torch, Heimdall, but I did the completion run close to 2 years back. Also, I did a combination of path 3 and 1 for my mutant run, but the Luke cage might give you trouble considering this is your first run.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Practice on the 1st Thing to get an idea of what you're in for. Yeah, people are doing it with full mutant teams, but look who they are - they're very good players. They're also using R3 and R4 mutants and playing perfectly (in a lot of cases). If you're MSD or on his level have at it. If you're good, but not perfect, Aegon and some horsemen is still probably the best bet. Google abyss easy path and you'll see the map layouts so you can plan the route you want to go for your 1st run. You want to make sure you cover one of those paths for future exploration (if you decide to), so you don't leave 1 node missing and have to do yet another one.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    You definitely have the mutants you would need, and since my first abyss path was for mutant dominion, I certainly can’t fault your logic. Stryfe, Apoc, and Red Mags will take you far. Personally, Prof X was awesome for synergies and Kitty was a beast, but the actual team build is up to you. I did a path where I started towards Darkhawk, took down Havok (so path 3 I think) and then finished on path 1. Up to you, but definitely stash some revives and a good couple units. The collector was one of my least favorite fights in-game.
  • baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 ★★★
    If your going for the Mutant build, I suggest Apoc, Stryfe, Cable, Red Mags and Prof X. And do NOT do the 'easy' path as the mutant build can struggle there.

Best of luck friend
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I'd suggest you go for the mutant run. I didn't have stryfe so my team was Apoc mags prof x kitty coloss. This meant running suicides was good since it was constant healing. Also middle path down through dorm and havok through hype and cyclops
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

If your going for the Mutant build, I suggest Apoc, Stryfe, Cable, Red Mags and Prof X. And do NOT do the 'easy' path as the mutant build can struggle there.

Best of luck friend

which path do you recommend?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Apoc with suicides is a huge damage dealer. Every fight can be done in two revs if you go for parry heavy(1.5 mill fights) mine was R34 so a difference will be there

Apoc with suicides is a huge damage dealer. Every fight can be done in two revs if you go for parry heavy(1.5 mill fights) mine was R34 so a difference will be there

and i don't have suicides, sadly. i don't plan on getting them, but either way i don't think an r5 apoc would be the best damage dealer on the team either way

Best of luck friend

Sorry I just saw this. The Youtube guy KT1 did the corinas challenge with all mutants and didn't take the easy path. I say check out his video and follow that for more information and better preparation. Best of luck to you

Best of luck friend

Sorry I just saw this. The Youtube guy KT1 did the corinas challenge with all mutants and didn't take the easy path. I say check out his video and follow that for more information and better preparation. Best of luck to you
    I’ll be sure to do that, thanks for the advice. Messed around a bit the other day and got an IMIW solo, but I think the prof x fights will be tough, since I haven’t learned him much yet. I guess that gives me something to do this summer
    Also, don't get discouraged if you are doing bad in a fight. I remember my initial run damn Invisible woman took me about 20+ revives. I stopped counting after 10. For comparison sake, the final boss at the end only took me about 7 revives with a fully ramped up Aegon. Point is, maybe you just need to take a break for a bit, then come back to it. And once you finish the fight, its done and you won't have to do it again.

Have fun friend.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    OG storm is also worth consideration, I used her at R2 but you have to make a decision to drop a champ then, she can melt the 5m healthpools at R2 but her block proficiency is a bit rubbish.
    In hindsight I’d have probably taken Prof X and made Stryfe my horseman over her but it’s another option to consider.
    I did the easy path, was pretty easy with the exception of Hype and CMM
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 739 ★★★
    edited June 2022
    I recently did path 5 which wasnt too bad. Used Apoc (r4 6*) as a main attacker, but should have relied on Stryfe (r4 5*) a bit more. Stryfe was amazing against the collector. I had Cable (6* r2), Magneto (5* r5) and ProfX (6* r3). Cable and Magneto saw some decent action, but Prof was primarly on the team for his synergy (Im not the best ProfX player).

I recently did path 5 which wasnt too bad. Used Apoc (r4 6*) as a main attacker, but should have relied on Stryfe (r4 5*) a bit more. Stryfe was amazing against the collector. I had Cable (6* r2), Magneto (5* r5) and ProfX (6* r3). Cable and Magneto saw some decent action, but Prof was primarly on the team for his synergy (Im not the best ProfX player).

This is pretty similar to what I’m planning on doing. I’ll use Stryfe for pretty much every fight I can. Where did you use Prof X?
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    If you do not have Aegon I would indeed go with a mutant team to get the additional benefits of the carina challenge. Stryfe would be a good option. If you run suicide masteries I would bring Proff X and Colossus to constantly heal.