**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I know Cap IW is still great, but is he worth investing in over Herc and/or Kitty Pride?

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,670 ★★★★
edited June 2022 in Strategy and Tips
So if the stars align properly and the leaked July 4th bundles are true, there is a solidly good chance I’m going to come out of this weekend finally being able to awaken my Cap IW and also with a 6* Herc. However, I’m now wondering if I should really prioritize Cap IW vs investment over Herc and Kitty.

I have Kitty awakened and at sig 74 (something of a sweet spot sig wise as you get a bit more than 50% of the benefit for less than 50% of the investment).

I have enough to do the same with Herc - awaken him and get him to ~79 which again gives a bit more than half the benefit for less than half the sig stone investment.

With Cap, at this point I can only take him to a bit north of sig 50 assuming I decide to awaken him, rank him, and sig him up. I have always been a big Cap IW fan - he was my first R5 5* and my first sig 200 5*. But given this, I know with him he really does need to be max sig to avoid a chance of his sig abilities failing. Despite being a fan, I’m just not sure he is worth that level of investment vs. first getting to max sig on Herc, Kitty, or both.

If I DON’T rank, awaken, and sig up Cap I would probably use the sig stones on Scorpion once I awaken him. I’d probably hold on to the AG.

What do you all think?

I know Cap IW is still great, but is he worth investing in over Herc and/or Kitty Pride? 68 votes

Cap IW is absolutely worth it. R3 him and invest the sigs to get him to 200 even ahead of sigs in Herc and Kitty
25%
Jazz_MessengerblackdragonightThatGuyYouSaw235TheTrueBeastŁŤÇTimmy2xsLuke9523Superfighter101living_legend_1IronGladiator220casual0Yodabolt21Draconic_12rodrigokvaleraBarri8KennyPLbigger_daddy 17 votes
Cap is still solid - worth an R3 and AG, and at Sig 50 I’d still play him over a R5 5* at sig 200. Sigs should go to Herc and Kitty though first.
16%
TendersquadbuttersEwell65SSS69RenaxqqHdhjssvvyouaintrightH700Dark_hoodsLickyCeti_EelGoGoGamer76 11 votes
If you already have r5 5* max sig Cap IW, you should prioritize Herc and Kitty overall, and potentially Scorpion for your Science stones
57%
DrZolaSw0rdMasteryuwDRTOMalreck04LiquidkoldCap366MysterioWine_LoverSnakepRamOnTheLakeRockypantherxDart1981HavanaknightDrewDoggyDoggEtjamaSquirrelguyKillswitch01NimorLpoo 39 votes
You aren’t thinking about this right. Instead you should… (please specify in the thread)
1%
Ceder 1 vote
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• I dont know much about scorpion at all, but i love capiw. I have him 6r3 sig200 on main, and 6r3 sig20 on alt. Id put generic sigs into herc though
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    If you already have r5 5* max sig Cap IW, you should prioritize Herc and Kitty overall, and potentially Scorpion for your Science stones
    I love Cap IW too, but if you can only take him to sig 50 then I wouldn't say he's worth it he really does need that high sig. Plus Herc and Kitty are better so focus on them.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    If you're allowed to say, where did you find the leaked July 4yh deals
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    If the leaked bundles say you can get a 6* herc id be quite suspicious
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    I have an unawakened 6* Cap IW myself. I won't throw an awakening gem on him but if I do get him awakened naturally, I would probably sig him up. The reason for this - after a few years of feeling that he's fallen off a bit - is that he has gained quite a few great synergies in the last few years.

Punisher 2099: Clean hits gain +20% Attack Rating if the opponent is under the effect of a stun or bleed debuff. It's not a "new" synergy anymore, but I think it's worth mentioning.
    Overseer: Intercepting the opponent grants a non-stacking passive Fury increasing damage by 50% for 7 seconds.
    Cap Wilson: On a Well-Timed Block, inflict a Stagger debuff on the opponent that nullifies their next buff. Max 2.

These synergies give him access to a more varied playstyle as well as more utility. The ability to nullify buffs is amazing. The synergies that Cap Wilson and Punisher 2099 gain from Cap IW are also top-notch. I don't have Overseer so I can't really judge how he benefits from the synergy, but it's a fairly meaty chance to perfect block which sounds like a good thing.

It's also worth mentioning that a lot of champions among his own synergies have been buffed recently. Before, you had to bring along trash champs in order to access those synergies, but that's no longer the case. With Storm (+20% Prowess for mutants), Gamora (+25% increased buff duration for cosmic champions), Hawkeye (+250 Critical Rating on basic attacks for skill champions) and now Thor Jane Foster (mystic champions deal 30% of their Attack as Direct Damage to the opponent whenever they nullify a buff), almost all of his own synergies currently involve at least one champion that you could reasonably bring along.

I would probably wait to awaken Cap unless you have a spare science AG (and until you have these champions if their synergies appeal to you), but he's definitely more valuable than he's ever been in my opinion.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,899 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

If the leaked bundles say you can get a 6* herc id be quite suspicious

2021 Nexus, not Herc specifically
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    One thing I forgot to mention about the synergy with Cap Wilson is that it adds another two debuffs to his kit if you plan to control regen/power gain. That in itself is quite valuable. It makes it a lot easier to build up enough debuffs for it to really kick in (especially since Sam, being a tech champion, also gives you access to the petrify debuffs themselves).
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    Cap IW is absolutely worth it. R3 him and invest the sigs to get him to 200 even ahead of sigs in Herc and Kitty
    be cooler
  • ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Posts: 350 ★★★
    The question really, is do you like him? Is he your fave? Do you enjoy using the champ? Are you good with him?

I've shared here before, but I took Mags to R4. No 3-4 gem, but all of the stuff. He's my fave in and out of the game.

You really need to enjoy someone if you invest sigs in them.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    Would u rank 4 a 6* CAIW (undupe) over a 6* CGR (undupe) or 6* Void (dupe, max sig)???
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    I have herc, kitty & capiw at R3 sig 200 and i use herc the most. Herc will be going to R4 next and is worth the investment.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    Cap is the only one that really has as big of a benefit from max sig. Kitty and Herc might be better champs overall, but 90-100% debuff chance is (in my opinion) a better goal than just a slightly longer indestructible or more damage. The best part about Kitty’s awakened ability is the no damage while phasing, followed by the increased chance to re-apply incinerates. Also def depends on if you care about prestige.
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    You aren’t thinking about this right. Instead you should… (please specify in the thread)

So if the stars align properly and the leaked July 4th bundles are true, there is a solidly good chance I’m going to come out of this weekend finally being able to awaken my Cap IW and also with a 6* Herc. However, I’m now wondering if I should really prioritize Cap IW vs investment over Herc and Kitty.

I have Kitty awakened and at sig 74 (something of a sweet spot sig wise as you get a bit more than 50% of the benefit for less than 50% of the investment).

I have enough to do the same with Herc - awaken him and get him to ~79 which again gives a bit more than half the benefit for less than half the sig stone investment.

With Cap, at this point I can only take him to a bit north of sig 50 assuming I decide to awaken him, rank him, and sig him up. I have always been a big Cap IW fan - he was my first R5 5* and my first sig 200 5*. But given this, I know with him he really does need to be max sig to avoid a chance of his sig abilities failing. Despite being a fan, I’m just not sure he is worth that level of investment vs. first getting to max sig on Herc, Kitty, or both.

If I DON’T rank, awaken, and sig up Cap I would probably use the sig stones on Scorpion once I awaken him. I’d probably hold on to the AG.

What do you all think?

You should prioritize Herc and Kitty regardless of if you have a Cap IW taken up or not
  • Timmy2xsTimmy2xs Posts: 159
    I have an 6* R4 sig 200 cap and just went back and explored act 6. If u havent explored it yet, theres quite a few fights that can literally be done with him. Never had a 5* but i dont regret it at all. Him and Doom are my 1st 2. I love Kitty (her or Knull are next!), but Cap can do things nobody else can... but its all about who u enjoy playing with. All are great champs, especially awakened.
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Herc high sig is overrated. I just said that.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    edited June 2022
    JhonST33 said:

Herc high sig is overrated. I just said that.

I'm exploring Act 6 and found his immortality to be very useful. Herc + heimdall synergy & his clearing the path plus boss and his immortality just ignores the damage from the node.