**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

July 4th Deals Discussion

Comments

• Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 247 ★★★

TrongNov said:

Mackey said:

That's dark. Lol.

Like these deals 👀
    They're not that bad honestly. Everything is extra on top of the Units they usually sell. Not happy with them? Sure. Not what was expected? Fair enough. Garbage? An exaggeration.
    So TB players who has 1 or 2 r4s shouldn't say it's bad because you yourself a cavalier think TB deals would help your account tremendously. You look at it as some extra rewards for buying units then sure it's good. But in terms of one of biggest speding days in a year, it's absolutely not.

And again, this thread is about how each player feels about the deals. It's not about guiding ppl how they should feel and berating their opinions.
    That's the crux of the issue, TBH. People expected to jump up to Paragon instantly.
    Actually it's not the case for many ppl. For me personally, I don't expect to see a good amount of rank 4 mats in those deals. I am in no rush to get there bc I know in next 6 - 8 months I and many ftp TB can become paragon without doing All Carina's challenges and joining competitive Alliances.
    However, 1 basic crystal, 1 basic nexus and 6 random t5ccs are not what most TBs want to purchase for a good 5k units. The way Kabam prices their materials is very hard to understand from player base's persepective for most of the times.
  • Options
    cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★

Hard pass for me. I always buy at least 3 odins during these spend events....not this year. I don't appreciate being penalized for not getting the new BS title that came out a couple months before the spend event. Thanks for saving me $500 kabam!!

Same, hard pass from me here.

Kabam will have the data on all the Thronebreaker players that decided to stop spending because they got priced out by not starting with 3 r4s to get better deals.

Yeah this will make Kabam some money by milking those who have already spent a lot as Paragon players/grinded 250k+ arena fights, but for everyone else, the cash deals are lackluster.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    TrongNov said:

TrongNov said:

Mackey said:

That's dark. Lol.

Like these deals 👀
    They're not that bad honestly. Everything is extra on top of the Units they usually sell. Not happy with them? Sure. Not what was expected? Fair enough. Garbage? An exaggeration.
    So TB players who has 1 or 2 r4s shouldn't say it's bad because you yourself a cavalier think TB deals would help your account tremendously. You look at it as some extra rewards for buying units then sure it's good. But in terms of one of biggest speding days in a year, it's absolutely not.

And again, this thread is about how each player feels about the deals. It's not about guiding ppl how they should feel and berating their opinions.
    That's the crux of the issue, TBH. People expected to jump up to Paragon instantly.
    Actually it's not the case for many ppl. For me personally, I don't expect to see a good amount of rank 4 mats in those deals. I am in no rush to get there bc I know in next 6 - 8 months I and many ftp TB can become paragon without doing All Carina's challenges and joining competitive Alliances.
    However, 1 basic crystal, 1 basic nexus and 6 random t5ccs are not what most TBs want to purchase for a good 5k units. The way Kabam prices their materials is very hard to understand from player base's persepective for most of the times.
    5k Units is worth everything included. People have a price on what they think it should cost, and that's almost always much lower than the actual cost of Resources in the game. Don't get me wrong, if it was like a flea market and we could bargain, I'd be all in. That's just not how it works.
  • Options
    SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    edited July 2022

Hard pass for me. I always buy at least 3 odins during these spend events....not this year. I don't appreciate being penalized for not getting the new BS title that came out a couple months before the spend event. Thanks for saving me $500 kabam!!

Kabam will have the data on all the Thronebreaker players that decided to stop spending because they got priced out by not starting with 3 r4s to get better deals.

Yeah this will make Kabam some money by milking those who have already spent a lot as Paragon players/grinded 250k+ arena fights, but for everyone else, the cash deals are lackluster.
    Erm, ironically these offers also put me off as a Paragon with 15.4K prestige. The reason is how the tiered unit deals from 1k to 10k are structured. No r4 mats in them till the final 3k offer, which means I have no interest in plunking down 15k units for 6* selectors and sig stones that don’t do anything for my account prestige.

I already have enough r4 mats while awaiting Omega Sentinel in 26 days’ time for the next prestige bump to 15.84k. All in all, there’s nothing in these offers that compels me to buy them. So yea, even groups of Paragon players like me would not spend a dime this time cos these offers simply aren’t attractive enough.

As for the cash deals, why would I spend some more when I’ve already got the prestige issue settled for the next half year or so? I can just play the patient game again in preparation for the next top prestige champ without spending.
  • Options

Erm, ironically these offers also put me off as a Paragon with 15.4K prestige. The reason is how the tiered unit deals from 1k to 10k are structured. No r4 mats in them till the final 3k offer, which means I have no interest in plunking down 15k units for 6* selectors and sig stones that don’t do anything for my account prestige.

I already have enough r4 mats while awaiting Omega Sentinel in 26 days’ time for the next prestige bump to 15.84k. All in all, there’s nothing in these offers that compels me to buy them. So yea, even groups of Paragon players like me would not spend a dime this time cos these offers simply aren’t attractive enough.

As for the cash deals, why would I spend some more when I’ve already got the prestige issue settled for the next half year or so? I can just play the patient game again in preparation for the next top prestige champ without spending.
    That's interesting. Thank you for sharing.

I imagine your situation (already settled with prestige) is pretty rare among all players who've achieved Paragon.

Yes, I would agree with you that you can take the patient play preparing for 6* rank 5s, or the next nudge/carrot on the stick 😉
  • Options

TrongNov said:

TrongNov said:

Mackey said:

That's dark. Lol.

Like these deals 👀

5k Units is worth everything included. People have a price on what they think it should cost, and that's almost always much lower than the actual cost of Resources in the game. Don't get me wrong, if it was like a flea market and we could bargain, I'd be all in. That's just not how it works.
    Not really, ppl are usually hardwired to look for a price they perceive to be fair, rather than being on the lookout for bargains. When I buy something that looks enticing I judge the price based on whether it’s fair value, and not based on whether I’m getting a discount or not.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

TrongNov said:

TrongNov said:

Mackey said:

That's dark. Lol.

Like these deals 👀

Not really, ppl are usually hardwired to look for a price they perceive to be fair, rather than being on the lookout for bargains. When I buy something that looks enticing I judge the price based on whether it’s fair value, and not based on whether I’m getting a discount or not.
    Fair value is subjective. That's my point. We all have the freedom to decide if we think it's worth it to us personally, but the difference in the actual value is what I'm pointing out.
  • Options
    LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★

Best 1000 units
    Ever spent

Nope I got groot

• Options
    KennyPL said:

I had a different experience than most and I did very well with the offers...

I held back going paragon until these offers went live... I picked up enough items and cats from TB to hit paragon, then got paragon deals on top of the TB.... by doing this I netted the following:

New 6*... Shang Chi, Iceman, Medusa, Hit Monkey, She Hulk, Mister Negative, Venom, and more

6* Needed Dups.... Torch, Spider Ham, Ibom, and others

I now have 3 R4 6* and enough mats to rank 2 more right now, with less than 1 T3A and 1 T6B from getting a 6th

I did this all on a budget by grinding units since January and only paying for select offers

I know others might complain... but I did well "for a mobile game"

I call BS. You needed mats from the TB deal to become paragon and then u got enough mats to rank up 2 more (almost 3) champs to r4. Imposssible
    Technically not BS. He could’ve been sitting on 2 R4s and a 0.75 r4 heading into the throne breaker deals. After picking those up to unlock paragon he got 1x R3 - R4 gem from the 3k unit deal for a 4th r4. The 5th r4 he’s referring to must be from buying the cash offers for the r4 mats.
  • Options
    RookM1RookM1 Posts: 52

TrongNov said:

TrongNov said:

Mackey said:

That's dark. Lol.

Like these deals 👀

Fair value is subjective. That's my point. We all have the freedom to decide if we think it's worth it to us personally, but the difference in the actual value is what I'm pointing out.
    What is this “actual value” you’re talking about?…value of a product is dictated by what the consumer is willing to pay, there is no objective value in a free market system.
  • Options
    UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I think Kabam messed up by making Paragon deals so much better than Thronebreaker deals. When I compare the two, I can't help but to think I'm getting cheated which makes me not want to spend money. I understand that Kabam wants to reward their whales but there's just too big of discrepancy between the TB and Paragon offers.

Oh well, at least this will keep me from spending too much money on a phone game.

If only Paragon had few benefits over Thronebreakers, Thronebreakers wouldn't be envious of Paragon players.

Or for that matter, need to become Paragon players.
    And considering the only way to "push" to paragon for some thronebreakers is to spend money, these deal don't cut it.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★
    KennyPL said:

I had a different experience than most and I did very well with the offers...

I held back going paragon until these offers went live... I picked up enough items and cats from TB to hit paragon, then got paragon deals on top of the TB.... by doing this I netted the following:

New 6*... Shang Chi, Iceman, Medusa, Hit Monkey, She Hulk, Mister Negative, Venom, and more

6* Needed Dups.... Torch, Spider Ham, Ibom, and others

I now have 3 R4 6* and enough mats to rank 2 more right now, with less than 1 T3A and 1 T6B from getting a 6th

I did this all on a budget by grinding units since January and only paying for select offers

I know others might complain... but I did well "for a mobile game"

I call BS. You needed mats from the TB deal to become paragon and then u got enough mats to rank up 2 more (almost 3) champs to r4. Imposssible
    And that too from only grinding units and paying selectively.
  • Options
    PirateJonPirateJon Posts: 82
    Need more sig stones
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    doctorb said:

If u spend the full max amount for TB, u can get a little more than 2 full T6BC and 2 full T3A catalysts plus a bunch of sig stones and 6 stars.

Am I the only one who feels this is a great deal for TB??!!?!?

What do ppl want, a 7* hero????

They want to buy rank 4s without exploring Act 6 and 7 or doing any Carina's Challenge.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    4th July TB offers, were catered for fresh Thronebreakers.
    The thing is that Thronebreaker atm includes a wide range of players.
    You can be a TB who just did an initial clear of Act6 and has one r3 or you can be a TB who has all content cleared and 2 r4s (heading to 3rd) and 30+ r3s.
    If you are at the second category, these offers are hot trash.
    I’m a day one TB, very close to Paragon, and honestly I regretted not rushing and getting Paragon at Spring Cleaning with better value offers.
    I can still get Paragon from these trash offers, but by buying them, would be like applauding Kabam for these offers.
    And I’m not going to do that.

• Options
    Kennado said:

doctorb said:

If u spend the full max amount for TB, u can get a little more than 2 full T6BC and 2 full T3A catalysts plus a bunch of sig stones and 6 stars.

They want to buy rank 4s without exploring Act 6 and 7 or doing any Carina's Challenge.
    I'm sure I'm not the only thronebreaker that has done all Conten 100%, except for a few Carina's Challenge #2 (can't finish currently because Act 6 ones were removed).

It's more:
    I'm not spending $300 to unlock Paragon deals, and another $500 to get the 18k paragon offer.

Why is it even tiered to have to spend 18k units? (Is another discussion from Thronebreaker deals being awful compared to Paragon deals)
  • Options
    UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    Kennado said:

doctorb said:

I have explored all content and done all carina's V2 and still only at 2r4s and 1 odd of each catalyst. I'm expected to spend $450 just to get paragon!
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,094 ★★★
    I’m actually done with 6 and 100% 7.1&2 and doing 3 and 4 currently thank you.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    I don't like how they strucuture the deals. I have no 6 stars I want to rank up so T5B/T2A and even T5CC is not a desire.
    I'd also rather shards than 6 star or 6 star nexus crystals because the basic pools are full of rubbish.

The champ selector for units is great but I'm not going to doll out the cash to buy units then spend the units just for that.
    I prefer the deadpool event where I could get cheap Cavalier 2021 Nexuses.
  • Options
    KomfenKomfen Posts: 34
    the 1000 units Thronebreaker i actully think was good. 1 6star crystal combined with a T5CC aint bad for 1000 units