**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gorr and Valkyrie deep dives

magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★

Comments

• Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★
    That intimidate synergy of Valkyrie's for Masaccre looks great.

Gorr's synergy with Knll looks good too.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★

Did Dave really pronounce Sakaar like that...🤦‍♂️

Not talking about damage. Gorr seems kind of disappointing outside of his really amazing animations. His utility seems meh. I wish he gained immunity or at least resistance per stack of his corresponding shadow magic buffs. Idk, I was just expecting more after seeing those animations haha.

Yeah so disappointing just like every first glance we had at Knull, or Apocalypse, or Corvus or even Dr Doom...
  • Options
    ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 416 ★★★
    Newer deep dives been more accurate for damage so I am concerned about Gorr. It could be an Ikaris type “mistake”… low damage throughout with a bunch of small debuffs all to get a big sp3 payoff later but gotta do so much build up before it… hopefully I’m wrong tho cuz I’d love Gorr to be dope.

Valkarie looks really interesting. Animations are 🔥🔥🔥…. I was hoping she’d have a synergy that would super charge GHulk, but alas… lol
  • Options
    BrightfireHDBrightfireHD Posts: 81
    So disappointing there is no synergy between Gorr and Vulture,
    which should be named "I am vengeance, I am the night!".
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    Gorr looks fine
    Valkyrie looks really good
  • Options
    Godslayer_1Godslayer_1 Posts: 329 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    Gorr kinda lacks utility but interesting regardless and has cool animations

Valkyrie 'might' be improved masacre with her sp2 fury+extra damage on block and pierce buffs, she's 'prolly' better than gorr in both damage and utility and has very interesting playstyle.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    GORRRRRR
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    I don’t understand the negative feedback on Gorr. I think he looks cool. He’s not revolutionary for sure but he looks solid.We never know until release but I think he’s a worthwhile addition from what I see.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    I haven’t seen anybody mention it yet, but that Gorr/Mangog synergy definitely grabbed my interest.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,833 ★★★★★

He really looks too… white. Should’ve added some black highlights on his robe. He’s really weird to look at.

Exactly what I thought. It looks like a bug where the color vanished 😅
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★

So Gorr might be the worse champion to use with suicides now ... since he pretty much heals nothing from willpower

Yes (because he has no willpower) but actually no.

He starts the fight with the bleed shadow magic buff and whenever he gains a bleed (like from double edge) he also gets a regen buff healing 16% of missing health. You can then do a light ending combo and gain the poison shadow magic buff and gain another regen buff from liquid courage for a total heal of 32% of missing health.
  • Options

GORRRRRR

If he isn't one of the best villains in the MCU I'll be sad
  • Options
    RebarkRebark Posts: 344 ★★★
    Considering how Gorr will only take charges on elder/gods, why did they do it with so little damage? I'm not saying every champion needs to be beyond god tier, but Gorr is completely pathetic at damage.
    It's going to be another champion where you guys do a great job on the animations, the model, and I look at it and think, Wow, I'd love to play this champion, but he's just pathetic in endgame content, just like Purgatory.
    I guarantee that if you doubled his damage, he still wouldn't be close to cosmic champions like Corvus and Hercules. I hope they fix this, his concept is very interesting, I really liked that him getting stronger killing gods/elders, but judging how few champions are in this classification, you could make him what Magneto is to face robots or maybe what Blade is to facing dimensional beings or who knows what Human Torch is to mystics. Just create a scenario that is a great option. Think of the concept: Gorr the god buncher is the best champion to face guys like Collector, Grandmaster, Maestro, he's absolutely insane against these guys. Just do the right thing.
  • Options
    I'm excited for gorr and definitely saving for him
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Rebark said:

Considering how Gorr will only take charges on elder/gods, why did they do it with so little damage? I'm not saying every champion needs to be beyond god tier, but Gorr is completely pathetic at damage.
    It's going to be another champion where you guys do a great job on the animations, the model, and I look at it and think, Wow, I'd love to play this champion, but he's just pathetic in endgame content, just like Purgatory.
    I guarantee that if you doubled his damage, he still wouldn't be close to cosmic champions like Corvus and Hercules. I hope they fix this, his concept is very interesting, I really liked that him getting stronger killing gods/elders, but judging how few champions are in this classification, you could make him what Magneto is to face robots or maybe what Blade is to facing dimensional beings or who knows what Human Torch is to mystics. Just create a scenario that is a great option. Think of the concept: Gorr the god buncher is the best champion to face guys like Collector, Grandmaster, Maestro, he's absolutely insane against these guys. Just do the right thing.

Never trust a deep dive with damage.
  • Options

Gorr’s damage if I’m correct should be higher than the deep dive showed. I don’t see a stack limit to his furies. So if I’m correct you can get more than 4
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    The whole 'regeneration on getting hit' mechanic seems like the hot new design trend.
    Not really a fan of this mechanic.