**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nodes With Degen Timers or Timers Period Should Be Stopped

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
edited July 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Until this AI refusal to throw specials thing is addressed, it's just really frustrating to sit there for half of the fight trying to bait a special and just die. You could literally spend the majority of the match just watching the AI build to an SP3 because they just won't throw it!

It's just another reminder after the EOP Herc fight when you see the AI tuned even higher to not throw special attacks. Hit into block, stand there, bait, bait, bait .. doesn't matter the AI just builds to an SP3 and you die or you die from the timer.

The game just should NOT have these kind of nodes on them anymore if we're forced to deal with this new behavior for good.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    That is what has had me irate for so long now. They know the issues and can’t/ won’t fix or address it but still continue to put nodes like this for example on. Sadly only Thing to do is grin and bear it or just don’t do it. If it’s to frustrating I just don’t do it personally.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I mean, do you see an even remotely possible way to implement this? There are whole quests based on things like bane that would either have to be retrofitted or just blocked because that was the whole challenge of them. Also, there are all kinds of positive effects for champs that are based on timers that I absolutely wouldn’t want taken away. It’s hard to have your cake and eat it too.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Use any kind of power control champs
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Hmm I have had complaints that this Ai has been too passive? And if it had a node defensive then the AI would be more passive. But in normal scenarios this AI shouldn't be this passive especially EOP Hercules.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    Nocko said:

it's not the nodes that is the problem, it's the AI

If you're going to have nodes like this, as a game designer, you need your defender's AI to match the aggressiveness that you're demanding on the player

EOP is supposed to be hard, but this isnt hard. It's just doesnt work because the AI is way to defensive for these nodes. And by doesnt work i dont mean it cant be done or solo'd, just it relies TOO much on RNG from a defender.

exactamundo. i've solo'd with Elsa but the fact remains the AI is incredibly frustrating when you can't get them to throw a special attack. and when they are paired with nodes that punish you when a certain action isn't taken, it elevates the issue.

it's been going on for a while now in the entire game but like i said, it gets amplified in certain situations and content ... and the frustration level ignites.
  • Nocko said:

it's not the nodes that is the problem, it's the AI

If you're going to have nodes like this, as a game designer, you need your defender's AI to match the aggressiveness that you're demanding on the player

EOP is supposed to be hard, but this isnt hard. It's just doesnt work because the AI is way to defensive for these nodes. And by doesnt work i dont mean it cant be done or solo'd, just it relies TOO much on RNG from a defender.

I think part of it is the nodes. I think the fact they have defensive nodes on tells the AI to play mote defensive as well
  • LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    AI just sits there charges up and use SP3, test this, dash back and tap screen for light attack.. AI insta use block? HOW!?
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Thought I was the only one who experienced this. Herc was so defensive it looked abnormal
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    If Hercules was as much of a coward as his ai makes him act like in this fight, Hades would've laughed him to the cleaners.
    He stands there blocking 99% of the time.
    And since the ai is biased to do that already, the blocking power gain doesn't help the situation of the passive ai as they tend to block most of the match anyways.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★
    It's like the ai knows time is on it's side.

It's the ai. It's always been the ai.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    Hieitaku said:

It's like the ai knows time is on it's side.

It's the ai. It's always been the ai.

Exactly this. Herc is super defensive when the brute force node is on cooldown but becomes suddenly active when the Degen ticks. It’s like the AI knows what to do to screw you up
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    Not to mention the special intercepts aplenty. How does the AI have time to initiate a special attack when I'm already making visual contact with my medium? Well, again, it's the AI and it can get in there at the precise microsecond needed to screw you over. Happens also with heavy attacks.
    What frustrates me the most is the refusal to admit that something has changed in that regard. I'm a long time player and I don't remember this situation when I started, even in arena or lower difficulty content.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,341 ★★★★★
    The AI on the Herc fight sux.
    Every second thing they do in this game is just a big middle finger to the players.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★

Not to mention the special intercepts aplenty. How does the AI have time to initiate a special attack when I'm already making visual contact with my medium? Well, again, it's the AI and it can get in there at the precise microsecond needed to screw you over. Happens also with heavy attacks.
    What frustrates me the most is the refusal to admit that something has changed in that regard. I'm a long time player and I don't remember this situation when I started, even in arena or lower difficulty content.

I actually had this happen against Winter Soldier

I don't know if I mistimed my second medium ever so slightly, but it phased right through him as I got smacked by his SP1