**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Alliance war rating - strange numbers

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Gigetto17Gigetto17 Posts: 12
    edited July 2022
    i'm an officer of my alliance, at the end of alliance war 6 against [LF100] of the current season 35 we've placed in gold 1 position 92, at the end of war 7 against [EVA] that finished today, with a victory, we've placed in gold 1 position 103. What the [fart] is going on? Correct the alliance war rating! it's impossible that we 've lost 11 position with a victory! This season we've never lost a single war and we moved from tier 7 to tier 6! I've already reported a bug occoured in offseason 35, that alliance war rating was locked for alliances in tier 7 and you didn't do anything, but now i'm sick of all of this situation. With your bugs, you're penalizing good alliances that deserve to place in higher tier!
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,178 Guardian
    Gigetto17 said:

i'm an officer of my alliance, at the end of alliance war 6 against [LF100] of the current season 35 we've placed in gold 1 position 92, at the end of war 7 against [EVA] that finished today, with a victory, we've placed in gold 1 position 103. What the [fart] is going on? Correct the alliance war rating! it's impossible that we 've lost 11 position with a victory! This season we've never lost a single war and we moved from tier 7 to tier 6! I've already reported a bug occoured in offseason 35, that alliance war rating was locked for alliances in tier 7 and you didn't do anything, but now i'm sick of all of this situation. With your bugs, you're penalizing good alliances that deserve to place in higher tier!

To @Gigetto17 pics above.

Your post-war-6 pic looks like it was captured around same time of day (right after war ended) as your most recent one after this war-7.

In both cases, your position is not really accurate yet until some hours later when all the other alliances wars get factored into the standings.

You should do a more accurate screenshot of current rankings later on in the day, or next day, for what you keep for reference.

Aka, your points right after a war get added into what you can “see” in the standings (they were from your own war, so your system knows what to add.
    But even though other alliances around you who may have finished around the same time, you don’t actually get to “see” those other alliances recent points added into the rankings until later on in the day (when all of the wars points get propagated out system-wide).

Aka(2) you probably see a jump in ranking right after your war ends, only to later on in day see that ranking fall back down to what it really is.

Some other alliances new points may or may not be factored into what your ranking reflects, sooner or later than others, or might be by region, or tier, etc. But if you wait until later on, eventually all alliances are factored into the “final” current standings for that day.
  • Options

Gigetto17 said:

To @Gigetto17 pics above.

Your post-war-6 pic looks like it was captured around same time of day (right after war ended) as your most recent one after this war-7.

In both cases, your position is not really accurate yet until some hours later when all the other alliances wars get factored into the standings.

You should do a more accurate screenshot of current rankings later on in the day, or next day, for what you keep for reference.

Aka, your points right after a war get added into what you can “see” in the standings (they were from your own war, so your system knows what to add.
    But even though other alliances around you who may have finished around the same time, you don’t actually get to “see” those other alliances recent points added into the rankings until later on in the day (when all of the wars points get propagated out system-wide).

Aka(2) you probably see a jump in ranking right after your war ends, only to later on in day see that ranking fall back down to what it really is.

Some other alliances new points may or may not be factored into what your ranking reflects, sooner or later than others, or might be by region, or tier, etc. But if you wait until later on, eventually all alliances are factored into the “final” current standings for that day.
    Both screenshot were captured right after the war, but the position after war 6 (position 92 in gold 1) remained the same all day until war 7 ended, i can swear it with all my alliance members
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,178 Guardian
    @Gigetto17
    I took 3 screenshots (starting after commenting initially)
    28 min ago we were at 975 (within our Gold bracket)
    18 min ago, was at 1063
    Just now, is at 1169

Don’t remember where we were at while the war was going on.
  • Options

@Gigetto17
    I took 3 screenshots (starting after commenting initially)
    28 min ago we were at 975 (within our Gold bracket)
    18 min ago, was at 1063
    Just now, is at 1169

Don’t remember where we were at while the war was going on.

2 hours later same position 103, despite victory - 11 positions
  • Options
    Luckylefty01Luckylefty01 Posts: 155
    After the most recent war finished in which we won my alliance dropped 9 places in rank. We are currently 7-0.

Looking forward to whatever resolution kabam decides on
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Yeah it’s because your competing with alliances like mine who are in tier 6, similar rank, we’ve won half and lost half, but our multiplier stays the same, because of the lower +- you aren’t moving tiers like we usually do, its messed up
  • Options
    Zeft5araZeft5ara Posts: 16
    Jax said they have eyes on this about 2 weeks ago
    Has there been no updates?
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,433 ★★★★★
    Zeft5ara said:

Jax said they have eyes on this about 2 weeks ago
    Has there been no updates?

Yes its a bug and they're not going to fix it until after the season.
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 510 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    Seems this is the main chat regarding the topic, i posted in another but the gist is my all has won every war this season so far and we keep slowing dropping places in g2…. Can’t more out of tier 8 to save our lives. How is this fair…. We might as well just stop at this point and ride it out. Maybe we stay g2.. maybe not. But why spend resources to have clean wars for no advancement. This would have 100% been canceled if the tier 1 Allie’s were affected….
  • Options
    Why do so,e threads not get bumped when replying…. Anyway, still a perfect season over here and still slowly dropping in rank…. What’s going on kabamm
  • Options
    Goll3m_1Goll3m_1 Posts: 29
    9 wins in a row… all at 11/12 points…where it used to be 40. Is this right?
  • Options
    No, same here. 10-0. 15 points a war. Haven’t moved in standings at all

Crickets from kabamm
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Although its impacted all alliances the same, I dont think that's justification to do nothing. Everyone is aware of the way the scoring worked and strategise accordingly. For example they may tank a war to get an easier match. If they knew the scoring would penalise losses more and they wouldnt be able to get to their original AW rating as quick, that would change their strategy.

As a result of the change, its disadvantaged those who strategise by the old scoring methods. It is probably magnified more by the fact that people may not realise the impact as they dont look into the intricacies of the scoring or check the forum.

Simple fix would be to give everyone the rewards of the rank higher in my opinion. May give some people more than they deserve but at least wouldn't disadvantage those who would have otherwise got better rewards.
  • Options
    Luckylefty01Luckylefty01 Posts: 155
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

As I previously mentioned, this was brought to our attention and is something we've been investigating.

The scoring system was adjusted in this AW season; this was not intentional and therefore is not a new norm. We have found the cause of the issue but will not be able to implement a change until the next season. While I know this has been frustrating, please be aware that the scoring issue is affecting all alliances equally, not just yours.

We are going to continue to monitor the impact of this change through the season and will reconvene afterwards to see what further action needs to be/can be taken.

With war season at the end, I’m just curious what will be the result of this points error.
  • Options
    Lestat2499Lestat2499 Posts: 274 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

As I previously mentioned, this was brought to our attention and is something we've been investigating.

The scoring system was adjusted in this AW season; this was not intentional and therefore is not a new norm. We have found the cause of the issue but will not be able to implement a change until the next season. While I know this has been frustrating, please be aware that the scoring issue is affecting all alliances equally, not just yours.

We are going to continue to monitor the impact of this change through the season and will reconvene afterwards to see what further action needs to be/can be taken.

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Will rewards for war season be adjusted? It’s obvious this affected alliances negatively. It shouldn’t be swept under the rug and hope nobody mentions it.
  • Options
    AndyBro59AndyBro59 Posts: 10
    So now that new season started and scoring is back to normal is anything going to be done about last season and the unfair scoring?
  • Options
    AndyBro59 said:

So now that new season started and scoring is back to normal is anything going to be done about last season and the unfair scoring?

Nothing of nothing, as always.