**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Paragon Needs To Mean More

ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 292 ★★★
edited July 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
So it's been a hot minute (2+ months) since the new progression title of Paragon has started and there are "some" percs like the Daily Crystal and 4-Hour Crystals along with extra Eternity of Pain objectives for better rewards.

But, in my opinion, there's not enough of a difference as there's been with every other progression level prior. Below are 5 things I am bringing up that needs to change ASAP to make and encourage more players to want to become Paragon and keep playing this game.

1) Sigil Store 6-Star Featured Cost should be 11,000 shards instead of 13,000. Just like the 5-star featured was 13,000 shards for Cavalier players but lowered to 11,000 shards after they became Thronebreaker.

2. Weekly Sigil Gold Quest Needs another bump in amount just like every other progression. Minimum of 50,000 more Gold IMHO.

3) 7-Day "Test of the" Sigil Quest needs to be updated to Paragon with better Milestones as well.

4) Objectives Need to give higher than "Cavalier" Objective Crystals. This should have also changed for Thronebreakers, but that didn't happen.

5) Discount for Cavalier Crystals more than currently *or* Allow Paragon to buy the same Unit price for a Cavalier Nexus through the Crystals.

Those are 5 things that need to change ASAP and don't require much thought IMHO as they have already happened via past progressions. Keep in mind, 3 of those are for paying customers of the Summoner's Sigil.

If Kabam really wants to get on our good side, introduce a new Crystal that's not Cavalier that excludes 3-Stars *or* Simply change the daily offers that rotate for $5 to always be a Nexus for Paragon Players.

Thoughts?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    SecretWarriorSecretWarrior Posts: 3
    Agreed on all points.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Three out of the five suggestions made here are specific to the Summoner’s Sigil, a monthly subscription in the game. Players who are regular subscribers to it are more likely to already feel plenty incentivized to reach Paragon (or whatever their next relevant advancement point is). These are not the people who need to be targeted for additional motivation.

I am a Sigil subscriber and would love to see all of these things implemented in game, but I think perks that are applied to Paragon outside of the Sigil should be the focus. Additional difficulties in boss rushes or celebrity challenges, access to further content (EQ difficulties or a third tier of Variants?), some way to more easily acquire T4CC selectors.

Some of these are more easily implemented than others, but you get the idea I’m going for here. There’s enough talk about the title only being accessible by paying, I don’t think the majority of the rewards for the title should be behind a further transactional wall. Some of them? Yeah, absolutely. But not 60%.

I absolutely can see where you are coming from. Allow me to explain what and why I made it that way. There's two reasons:

1) Even though it's 60% of my suggestions, it's based on the fact that Kabam is itself, a business. That means by enacting this, it gives more incentive to those who become Paragon to either continue or enroll/subscribe to the Summoner's Sigil. And if they are not Patagon yet, and they don't have the Summoner's Sigil, the changes may also help to make it so they enroll in it again or maybe for the first time. This makes the effort to make the changes by Kabam worth it from a financial standpoint and hence, a return on investment.

2) These changes have already been happening with every progression levels past in the Sigil Store. So it's not really hiding anything behind a paywall as it is upgrading the features we have seen already play out in the past. Like the example I made from Cavalier to Thronebreaker changing the amount of shards for the 5-Star Featured. Also, TB got access to the 6-Star Featured, so lowering the costfor Paragon makes sense. The fact it wasn't automatically changed for Paragon players is odd and it shouldn't stop there.

I appreciate the conversation and you taking the time to read what I wrote and reply. I love the healthy discussion, and I definitely can see from your point of view too. Even if we don't agree with each other or maybe have a difference of opinion, it's nice to communicate so we better understand and can help make the community better overall for maybe those less vocal.
  • Options
    LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    for me imo even with these changes if they would ever come it's a little to late, current state of game with loading speeds next to AI/ input issues?
    Every time you mention any of these issues you get forwarded to this void "fill in this form".
    You get silenced, activly by forum mods, next to some forum members who have as it seems stock options in this game silencing you if anything is not complimenting enough.

This post, or my comment will probably deleted as it's not constructed nor have any added structure for this post. read first line, imo little to late, should have been upgraded years agoe.
  • Options
    Blue_007Blue_007 Posts: 38
    1000% agree on all. As a Paragon player who already qualified for that progression title before they announced it and with 6 r4s with the resources for 2 more right now I’m honestly a bit let down with what Paragon gets. Yes some deals like the 4th deals Paragon definitely won big and I’m grateful for that but that’s also a spending thing and not a free thing.

The majority of Paragon players spend a lot of real life money on this game we all love and dislike at the same time. It doesn’t take much and is a small yet huge thing Kabam can do for its players. It won’t break the game and it will only push TB players to get to Paragon. Because honestly right now there isn’t much incentive to motivate many players to progress.

So yeah I highly agree with Mando and hope Kabam hears it’s players and puts this into play soon. It benefits us players as well as Kabam because they will make more money and the players will happy.

-SB
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    For the first time since the launch of Sigil, I didn't renew this month. The reality is, as a Paragon player, there's truly nothing in Sigil can help my account in any material way. There's also nothing to get excited about right now like there was with Sigil Witch.

I'll be the first person to renew when it's improved.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Y'all must not have remembered what it was like for TB players when it was released.

Sigil didn't have TB stuff until December'ish of 2020. TB was released in October of 2020.

Paragon has been a title for just about or a little over 2 months. If they follow what they did with TB, we'll see a store update soon. Could be for next update.
  • Options

Y'all must not have remembered what it was like for TB players when it was released.

Sigil didn't have TB stuff until December'ish of 2020. TB was released in October of 2020.

Paragon has been a title for just about or a little over 2 months. If they follow what they did with TB, we'll see a store update soon. Could be for next update.

Actually you're half correct. The Sigil 7 Day Milestone event was corrected after a week.

The Sigil offer for 5-Star Featured for 11K was the same time along with immediate access to 13K 6-Star Featured offer.

So yes, you're correct they added more things later, but that was when they updated the entire store for all levels as a new store overhaul.

Hope that makes sense and just because they waited that long then, doesn't mean they have to or need to wait that long to implement what I think they should in my original post.

I appreciate that point though, there was definitely other changes later than launch/2 months after. It was like 4 months after.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    There are still a lot of benefits that Thronebreakers should get but as Kabam is trying its best to catch with the game economy's rapid inflation (side effect of July 4th deals, Cyber deals, and Gifting event) they are having a hard time providing a better reward system for Thronebreakers up and now Paragon.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Actually you're half correct. The Sigil 7 Day Milestone event was corrected after a week.

The Sigil offer for 5-Star Featured for 11K was the same time along with immediate access to 13K 6-Star Featured offer.

So yes, you're correct they added more things later, but that was when they updated the entire store for all levels as a new store overhaul.

Hope that makes sense and just because they waited that long then, doesn't mean they have to or need to wait that long to implement what I think they should in my original post.

I appreciate that point though, there was definitely other changes later than launch/2 months after. It was like 4 months after.
    It's always been a slow roll out. I know you'd prefer it be faster and they don't have to follow what they did in the past but that's what they always do. Most everything Kabam does when it comes to titles and progressions, follow a loose pattern. We'll get a Test of Paragon and a store update. Just a matter of time.

Everything I find on the test of thronebreaker is from early December. TB came out in October. So, no, we didn't have a TB test of yet.
  • Options

It's always been a slow roll out. I know you'd prefer it be faster and they don't have to follow what they did in the past but that's what they always do. Most everything Kabam does when it comes to titles and progressions, follow a loose pattern. We'll get a Test of Paragon and a store update. Just a matter of time.

Everything I find on the test of thronebreaker is from early December. TB came out in October. So, no, we didn't have a TB test of yet.
    If what you just said is correct. Explain this:

Thronebreaker - October

"Test of Thronebreaker" - December

Time passed from those two: 2 Months
  • Options

If what you just said is correct. Explain this:

Thronebreaker - October

"Test of Thronebreaker" - December

Time passed from those two: 2 Months
    Paragon was released in May during the first week.

It's July 11.

It's been roughly 2 months.

🤷

Anything else?
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    I was expecting a post saying “gimmie more free stuff” and was pleasantly surprised when I saw actual valid points
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,836 ★★★★★
    Nice write up, fully agree 😊
  • Options
    KennyPLKennyPL Posts: 114 ★★
    Since most are still "riding the free sigil" from the arena, they (Kabam) won't touch it. It ends soon though, so keep your fingers crossed ;)
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    Good suggestions above but why not add something completely new instead of following the trend of previous lower titles. Something unique that can really incentivize players, especially those that aren’t wanting to continue to play as much anymore given the recent events
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    agree that these should all be done. I can understand a 3 month rollout to slowly make the changes... but there is not reason it can't be planned out and have tentative dates for these improvements released (e.g. say the Sigil gold quest and objective crystals would be updated in Aug release).
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Beewee said:

I was expecting a post saying “gimmie more free stuff” and was pleasantly surprised when I saw actual valid points

To be fair it is still a version of "Gimme free stuff" and you'll see more of it in detail when people start to discuss what should be rewarded in the weekly test of The Paragon, it just happens to have some legitimate questions and precedents given with previous title additions.