Number of event crystals seems unusually low

Adam121Adam121 Member Posts: 47
The number of godbomb crystals and shards available seem unusually low in comparison to other months, especially considering the lower 2000 shard cost than the past 4000, which is nice but if I remember correctly I bought the maximum amount of shards for a thronebreaker and only had enough for 6 crystals! This is way lower than past events. Im wondering if any of the mods can shed some light onto any upcoming ways for shards like an arena for example or challenges.

Cheers

Adam

Comments

• TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,287 ★★★★★
    I think it's supposed to be like that.
  • DoosraDoosra Member Posts: 359 ★★★
    I couldn't care less for 3* s and a rare chance at a 4*, and 5* and 6* s are a myth(atleast for me) in those crystals
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,287 ★★★★★
    Doosra said:

I couldn't care less for 3* s and a rare chance at a 4*, and 5* and 6* s are a myth(atleast for me) in those crystals

4*s+ is a neat source of ISO-8
  • DoosraDoosra Member Posts: 359 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    Terra said:

Doosra said:

4*s+ is a neat source of ISO-8
    Yeah that's the reason iam buying them
    I just said I didn't care about how many crystals I can buy
    I would take 4* crystal shards over them any day
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Member Posts: 2,363 ★★★★
    curious has anyone opened the crystals and what have your pulls been?
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★
    I opened mine. Can’t recall what I got, but I do recall not being impressed @BowTieJohn

Dr. Zola
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Member Posts: 2,363 ★★★★
    I reinstalled the game and opened mine.

Honestly I've learned to go into any crystal that has 3* and 4* with small chance of 5* and 6* with a realistic expectation that I'm probably not going to get a 5* or 6* that way when I do get a 5* or a 6* it is exciting and if I don't then I'm not upset, as I've set reasonable expectations.
  • ThomildoThomildo Member Posts: 499 ★★★

Actually pulled a 6* Sersi, wasn’t expecting that but i’ll probably rank her for defence.
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,104 ★★★★
    I

5* Knull was my best. Just debating whether he's worth the rank up as I'm trying to move away from 5*
    BG really sucks with 5*
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Member Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    Doosra said:

i hate to be THAT guy but free crystals are great imo. i think ive gotten well over 10-15 6* from those alone this year. to be fair i grind it out and collect the maximum amounts every month for the free crystals. pop them by 5-10 depending how many we get that month. i think my latest one was last month and duped my stealthy, r3 him and used him vs overseer. worked out imo.
    some months youll get lucky other times you wont. but if you dont grind for them then you cant really maximize your RNG.
    Lpoo said:

Doosra said:

i hate to be THAT guy but free crystals are great imo. i think ive gotten well over 10-15 6* from those alone this year. to be fair i grind it out and collect the maximum amounts every month for the free crystals. pop them by 5-10 depending how many we get that month. i think my latest one was last month and duped my stealthy, r3 him and used him vs overseer. worked out imo.
    some months youll get lucky other times you wont. but if you dont grind for them then you cant really maximize your RNG.
    10-15 this year? That’s either the most insane luck of all mcoc history, or a huge exaggeration
    i dont know 100% the exact numbers but the more you open the more you tend to see more pulls. i can safely say its been way more than 5 this year. not going to lie a lot of them might be trash tier but 6* are 6* lol
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Member Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022

Lpoo said:

Doosra said:

10-15 this year? That’s either the most insane luck of all mcoc history, or a huge exaggeration
    i dont know 100% the exact numbers but the more you open the more you tend to see more pulls. i can safely say its been way more than 5 this year. not going to lie a lot of them might be trash tier but 6* are 6* lol
    I know the exact number isn’t 10-15. At a 3% drop rate with average luck, you’d need about 150 crystals just to average 5.

In fact, with 3% drop rates, you’d have a 1/500 chance to pull more than 10 6-stars on a hundred pulls.

So in a game this big, sure, some people are having that luck, but even if you’ve got a horseshoe crammed up your backside you need to know that’s not the experience for the rest of us.
  • Adam121Adam121 Member Posts: 47
    Actually my luck with popping multiple in one go is quite good, nearly always a six star or five star with one or 2 4* which is free iso, pulled a six star from the ones i got from this i think it was Sasquatch but im not entirely sure if that’s correct or if he is even in the crystal but it was a 6* none the less🤷‍♂️ But to see 6 crystals was disappointing in comparison to other months and i think this is the first post I’ve made!
  • Adam121Adam121 Member Posts: 47
    edited July 2022
    TyEdge said:

Lpoo said:

Doosra said:

I know the exact number isn’t 10-15. At a 3% drop rate with average luck, you’d need about 150 crystals just to average 5.

In fact, with 3% drop rates, you’d have a 1/500 chance to pull more than 10 6-stars on a hundred pulls.

So in a game this big, sure, some people are having that luck, but even if you’ve got a horseshoe crammed up your backside you need to know that’s not the experience for the rest of us.
    idk what to tell ya your maths seems to check out but any of my team mates can verify how often i pull 6* from those free crystals xD
  • GoldenLordGoldenLord Member Posts: 47

Pulled a 6* Overseer and 6* Cap IW back to back when i opened two of these crystals

TyEdge said:

Lpoo said:

Doosra said:

idk what to tell ya your maths seems to check out but any of my team mates can verify how often i pull 6* from those free crystals xD
    @TyEdge @Lpoo
    i dont lie, i guess i just have that kinda luck. this months free crystals