**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hotfix made game worse

gage201205gage201205 Posts: 574 ★★★
edited July 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
The hotfix was supposed to be for lagging and connection issues has complety made my game worse so hard to do anything. Honestly every month you put out a update breaks the game worse. Im all for pausing updates for fixes im sure your losing customers.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    OwrnsOwrns Posts: 31
    Yeah but making me seriously considering quitting. Game suppose to be enjoyable
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    A new Android update just came out, perhaps for the Overseer bug.

Amazing how quickly they could change that.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

A new Android update just came out, perhaps for the Overseer bug.

Amazing how quickly they could change that.

It's a lot easier to fix something that acute.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    I'm referencing that they said they would talk about the Moleman "fix" but it would be hard to back something like that out because it takes weeks of testing, coding etc
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

The hotfix was supposed to be for lagging and connection issues has complety made my game worse so hard to do anything. Honestly every month you put out a update breaks the game worse. Im all for pausing updates for fixes im sure your losing customers.

Fair enough. But when would you like to resume them? In what way will pausing updates help anyone? Unless your idea is to pause them until you die of old age and then resume them.

I would rather see the patches resolve more issues than they introduce, but I don't see the benefit in artificially delaying the patches. That can only make things even worse, because patching the game engine is a moving target. This all started with a *forced* upgrade to the Unity engine, which Kabam had to make or lose support from Unity. This changed all sorts of things under the hood, as it always does (it has happened before) but in particular it broke iOS timing in a way impossible to patch over, which required building a new input system. That then introduced other issues which themselves mandated patches and fixes. Meanwhile, Unity isn't standing still. The underlying engine itself is still being patched with vendor patches, and eventually they will have to move to the *next* engine major release.

Fixing the game isn't a one and done affair. It is about synchronizing the game environment with the underlying game engine as the game engine itself continues to change moving forward. The slower the process is, the harder it gets to do, because the more changes are happening beneath your feet as you go.
  • Options
    Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Mine is definitely not. Just as many red tridents and spinning wheels as yesterday, and the day before, and before.....
  • Options
    LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    Hotfix imo did nothing for lag, i am having the same loading screens.
    seems like the input fix to me..