**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

2nd EOP reward payout

BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
So for the 1st run , rewards were paid out after it ended. Suggestions were made and forum team replied that during next run they will look into

So they didn't promised anything. Which is clear and fine by me and totally understandable too. I am just curious,did kabam took any initiative this time regarding reward payout if someone reaches the final milestone attainable according to his progression.

Point was that most of us didn't wanted to wait for full 3 weeks for rewards if someone could get it done earlier. So is there any kind of plans from game to team address this concern during this run?

Comments

• Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,142 ★★★★★
    It will likely be the same as last time
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    I don't see how the game would know someone is done before the solo objective completion, TBs with 16 points could still get one more point even if they didn't want to. Thus, there would have to be some sort of choice implemented to claim the rewards at a given time, which would lead to lots of confused players losing out on the highest rewards they could potentially reach.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

I don't see how the game would know someone is done before the solo objective completion, TBs with 16 points could still get one more point even if they didn't want to. Thus, there would have to be some sort of choice implemented to claim the rewards at a given time, which would lead to lots of confused players losing out on the highest rewards they could potentially reach.

The rank up materials won’t be an issue, since Kabam could just implement milestones for points with the difference between the current rewards per milestone to be claimed.

The selectables and crystal shards can then be issued out later in mail, like how it is done currently.

For illustration purposes,

Milestone 1 : Nothing to claim.
    Milestone 2 : 5 6* Stones
    Milestone 3 : 5 6* Stones
    Milestone 4 : 6750 T3A Fragments + 8550 T6B Fragments

Assuming someone only reached milestone 4, they would have claimed their rank up materials (the t3a, T6b fragments and 10 6* sig stones) from milestones, and will receive their Nexus crystal in the mail when the event is over.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    I realized the picture is a little too dark.

Here’s another illustration:

For example, since I have reached milestone 6, I would have claimed, in total for milestones 1-6,
    - 10 x 6* sig stones
    - 22.5k T3a fragments
    - 28.5k T6b fragments

Upon reaching milestone 7, I’ll be able to claim an additional
    - 10 x 6* sig stones
    - 22.5k t3a fragments (1 whole - what I have received)
    - 28.5k T6b fragments (same as above)

If I were to stop at milestone 7, at the end of the event, I’ll get from my mail
    - 6* nexus selector
    - 5 x 25% t5cc selector.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

For example, since I have reached milestone 6, I would have claimed, in total for milestones 1-6,
    - 10 x 6* sig stones
    - 22.5k T3a fragments
    - 28.5k T6b fragments

- 10 x 6* sig stones

If I were to stop at milestone 7, at the end of the event, I’ll get from my mail
    - 6* nexus selector
    - 5 x 25% t5cc selector.

While it sounds good for an ideal world, is it really worth kabam spending time they could spend elsewhere on something that saves you between 1-3 weeks just to wait for the rewards? (and I feel a lot of people are more excited for the nexus anyway, rather than rank materials - though not everyone of course).

I mean, it’s also a risk in case it went wrong as that would cause quite a lot of anger in the community, not to mention extra time spent fixing something if it went wrong.

I just feel is all that time and work that could be spent fixing something actually broken or in need of improvement better worth it? The 3 weeks isn’t ideal, but it’s not broken or necessarily in need of fixing.

I of course wouldn’t complain if it worked, but in terms of things that need fixing I wouldn’t rank it highly. If it ain’t broke, and all that.
  • Options
    Id love to get the rewards in early. It is really a drag to wait -.-. I like getting my fights done in early before all the "guides" come in.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    i never had this concern. i was happy to get my rewards pretty quickly.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

- 10 x 6* sig stones
    - 22.5k T3a fragments
    - 28.5k T6b fragments

- 10 x 6* sig stones

- 6* nexus selector
    - 5 x 25% t5cc selector.

That’s great for you (and it’s be great for me) but there are two fundamental problems - 1) scoring and rewards aren’t linear. 2) progression titles change.

Re: 1 - My preference would be for a structure like SOP, where the single-fight weeks and finale have separate rewards. Kabam could even create an objective to grant additional rewards for people who clear both 100%. But right now there’s a huge value jump for TB players between 12 and 16 points - half of each catalyst - so that’d have to be priced in somehow, through special objectives or otherwise.

Re: 2 - I just did a r4 this week. If I hadn’t been lazy about act 7, I’d have two, but I’m grinding it out. When the next EOP ends around Halloween, I’ll be paragon. If EQ/SQ is going to reliably grant half a catalyst per month, lots of players will be changing their progression title during and after EOP. When they change title during EOP, they unlock milestones previously unavailable.