**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds Suggestions

2»

Comments

• Options
    AndremlopesAndremlopes Posts: 85
    After playing a lot of matches… I have to say that this was the worst beta that I played… I really dislike the changes that were made… time reduction, health reduction, nodeless first part…

Even the charges change (the champions charge), feels that give a giant advantage to the more advanced roosters and take away a good part of the strategy…

After this two weeks I have to admit that, even though I love and expect a lot of the game mode, it was a truly displeasure to play this new beta… it felt like there was very little strategy into the decisions, felt very mechanic and boring, getting closer to the “arena gameplay style” and drifting away from the “individual aw style”

Anyway, I hope for big improvements and waaaay better measures to deal with modders and hackers…

The feeling for me really is Disappointment at the moment
  • Options
    FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    Reducing time from 120s to 90s had one more side effect though.

Aside from fights being much shorter, points for time remained the same, they are just divided with much smaller number. 15 000/ 120 and 15 000/90 is a big difference and time became much more impactfull with this change. Basically one second is more valuable than 1% of HP which is quite ridiculous. You can lose second by one misscalculated dashback, by AI not cooperating as you want,...

There definitelly should be points for time, but it should be more of a tiebreaker than main source of points.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 461 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    Fenico said:

Reducing time from 120s to 90s had one more side effect though.

Aside from fights being much shorter, points for time remained the same, they are just divided with much smaller number. 15 000/ 120 and 15 000/90 is a big difference and time became much more impactfull with this change. Basically one second is more valuable than 1% of HP which is quite ridiculous. You can lose second by one misscalculated dashback, by AI not cooperating as you want,...

There definitelly should be points for time, but it should be more of a tiebreaker than main source of points.

should be like AW, time is counted only if it's a tie.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    few of my recommendations
    - Basically every screen should have a ready option and if selected by both players we just progress to the next screen. some screens work this way but not all.
    - SP3s need to not be counted in the timer. Both from Attackers and Defenders. The timer is fairly short as is and I feel that if you accidentally get pushed to an SP3 it's almost never worth it to actually use it in the current state. I'd even go as far as saying the timer should be paused for all Specials. Apoc for example shouldn't be worse cuz his specials take 20 seconds to finish.
    - More time in fight. 120 seconds felt better. 5/65's can sometimes have a lot of trouble actually getting a KO with only 90 seconds. Felt like that really made the game mode lean toward pay to win.
    - Currently, you can quit out of a fight at any time and get attacker health remaining points. You can even do this during an opponents SP3 as long as the hits haven't happened and it won't count any of that damage. This coincides with pausing and timing out as it's sort of the same thing. I'll be honest, I don't know how exactly I want this to work but I know that the way it does know doesn't feel quite right. I won matches where the damage I would've received from the SP3 was enough to be the difference between winning a round and losing it. It felt kinda wrong to get those wins.
    - I also think that the aggressive node should be permanently added. If fight duration matters, the AI has to be more consistent. There are tricks in this game to try and induce the throwing of specials, heavy attacks, and allow for easier intercepts. These are all signs of skill and should be rewarded. when a fight is 90 seconds, uncooperative AI can have a huge effect on your score and this can at least be mitigated if the AI is tuned to be more aggressive.
  • Options
    Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★

QuikPik said:

Reduce the amount of time to start a fight. It doesn't take that long to activate your pre-fights.

Then you have never used MrFantastic on attack... It's barely enough time to squeeze all 3 in.
    The solution is to add a skip button. Why make us suffer through all that waiting for 95% of champs who don’t need the extra time.