**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gold income not sustainable with 6*R4 champions

joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
I’ve spent a good amount of money on the last 4th July offers. Now I would like to rank champions with those rank up materials, but I’m not able to, since I’m out of gold. How is this possible? I could buy 4-5 full AAA games for this money, but Kabam can’t make sure that we have enough of the most basic resource in this game? Please…

Comments

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★
    I get it. Until recently I was sitting on a massive pile at 45 million gold. Once I started taking champs to r4, that dropped fairly quickly down to about 20 million. Now it’s just a matter of spacing out rank ups and running arena. Plus this month’s SQ store had a lot of gold in it to help offset costs, I hope that’s something Kabam continues to do. It was a nice thing to have available.

I usually do one big rank up per level up event now, and that gives me a few days to play with the new toy before the next one rolls around. That’s been sustainable so far. But you’re right, as r4 rankups start to become more common, the standard streams of gold will start to seem more and more inadequate. I don’t think we’re quite there yet, but it’s not very far off.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★

It's concerning how many topics are popping up about Gold

and Star Ore, but...

I myself consider my Gold supply to be rather small (and thus I am rather conservative with it), but that's only because I barely "play the game"; I'm sure I could probably have a lot more if I wanted it enough

(though why is Halls of Fortune (if it still exists) AFAIK Sigil-exclusive?)
  • joke1004joke1004 Posts: 258 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    Of course not fatal. It’s a freaking game. BUT if I have 20+ catalysts expiring because I bought deals, I’d expect to be able to use them. Guess I should not buy any more deals in the future, so the game does better? Is that the logic I’m missing?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    joke1004 said:

So just ignore these posts? Since it’s apparently not an issue? Only because some people aren’t affected? The sheer number of posts should be alarming. But who am I to judge…. Common sense doesn’t seem to be too common nowadays.

Common sense is lacking with those who complain about gold. Have you exhausted every avenue in the game for gold? Run incursions? How much arena do you do?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    joke1004 said:

Some of you guys clearly don’t play at the top level. If you’re in a masters alliance doing map 8 every week, you will get way more rank up resources than gold to rank those 6* champions. How many rank 4s do you have? I’m at 6. And they ate up 30 million gold. I’ll repeat myself: I never had gold issues before, since I’m playing a ton of arena and get the incursion milestones. You have to spend to keep up with the prestige race at the top. But if the deals don’t have enough gold, and the game doesn’t give enough either, something is clearly off.

Everyone has at least one bottleneck.

Since you have 6 R4s, your prestige should be more or less there, then there’s no rush to spend those resources right?
    I don’t get why people are incapable to read. I have t5cc expiring soon. How should I use them, if they’re gone?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    joke1004 said:

I don’t get why people are incapable to read. I have t5cc expiring soon. How should I use them, if they’re gone?

Sorry. I didn’t see you mention that. Must have missed it.

Anyway, if you have the resources expiring, the worst case scenario is to sell some 4*s you have for ISO, then sell the ISOs for gold.

I’m sure you have countless 4* sig stones and AGs that are expiring as well (I know I have). So when you get them back you can just awaken and sig them up again.

This is just a stop gap to manage the expiring resources to not let them go to waste.
  • Mpd1Mpd1 Posts: 97
    I’m with OP. Went from +50 million to less than 30 million since ranking 4 champs. I used to sell Ios-8 for extra cash but now that resource is drying up as well. I do arena’s but not some of the other cash earning events. Luckily, I don’t have rank up materials in stash. I’d be pissed too if I did, and they were expiring due to lack of basic resources.
    Can’t sell them anymore.
    joke1004 said:

T5CC? With 8 capacity in each and most of it coming through in crystal form, why are you opening up all of those crystals when you are near capacity *and* low on gold? You gotta just let those crystals sit until you need a specific resource.
    You surely know about the great, even spread of classes, you get when opening those crystals, right?
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,106 ★★★★★
    To be fair, special deal days like July 4th and cyber Monday are giving out more and more materials but the gold is staying the same in them. For example, I too got quite a few deals on July 4th…gained a ton of r4 materials and t5cc but the gold was the same as it was 4 years ago (maybe slightly more..can’t remember)

Not the end of the world but I do agree that part doesn’t make much sense. They want us to buy these deals of course, then use the materials to, in this case, r4 champs…but then we’re getting the same amount of gold we got when we bought these deals when r5 5*’s were the max
    joke1004 said:

You surely know about the great, even spread of classes, you get when opening those crystals, right?

Intimately. Which is why I keep track of my inventory. If I have one catalyst at capacity, I spend it before I start popping catalyst crystals. Been doing that since 4*s were top of the food chain.

I’m not arguing that more gold access wouldn’t be good. It certainly would. But you can’t act like you’re blameless in this and it’s all Kabam’s fault for not giving you more gold. This game is about resource management almost as much as it is about the actual combat. You’ve gotta be capable of both.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,899 ★★★★★
    joke1004 said:

Some of you guys clearly don’t play at the top level. If you’re in a masters alliance doing map 8 every week, you will get way more rank up resources than gold to rank those 6* champions. How many rank 4s do you have? I’m at 6. And they ate up 30 million gold. I’ll repeat myself: I never had gold issues before, since I’m playing a ton of arena and get the incursion milestones. You have to spend to keep up with the prestige race at the top. But if the deals don’t have enough gold, and the game doesn’t give enough either, something is clearly off.

Oh, hm. Thought the issue was from buying offers, now it’s from being in a masters alliance. I guess if you already get more rank up resources than you can use, it’s not wise to buy offers and get even more.