Is Kabam checking to make sure there’s no cheaters in the top 2500 in BGs?

2»

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian
    So according to video “commentator” (at least on this video), you have to be 2 million + rated player in order to be good. Even if you have 6* r4 and r3 champs. ??

And apparently even though Kabam has said rewards are not final yet, this is “proof” of how only xx amount have been excluded. (how do you know what the final number will end up being if they have not finished final rewards adjustments yet ?

Anyways, for those people modd'ing, they wouldn’t need account with 6* r3 and r4 champs if using a Mod tool. (they could brand new account do it with 4* r1 champs).

People no longer need to have 2 million rated accounts (to pass KT1 threshold for cheating) because there's no need to touch any of your initial 2*, 3*, 4* (and majority of 5*) champs when you are a new player anymore. Rushing content with a limited pool of ranked higher champs allows new people to accumulate good 5* and 6* champs not that end up being the only ones you care to rankup (so can have highest champs, with fairly low rating nowadays).

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

I think the issue is more of, to prove, beyond reasonable point of doubt, that a person is cheating. That’s the hard part.

That's why it's hard to add any kind of live-action response measure. Any actions pretty much need to be retroactive because it's important to have a process of investigation. Reports aren't enough. Anyone could report something. It would be concerning if people were penalized without due process.
  • BendonBendon Member Posts: 15
    I was in the top 2300 when battlegrounds ended. I’m not sure why I didn’t get any ranked rewards. @Kabam Miike Should I open a ticket?
  • L0TUS_MANTISL0TUS_MANTIS Member Posts: 221 ★★
    @Bendon
    Bendon said:

I was in the top 2300 when battlegrounds ended. I’m not sure why I didn’t get any ranked rewards. @Kabam Miike Should I open a ticket?

Have you checked the trophy icon on the home page? Your ranking might have dropped because the rankings aren't updated in real time. I think they are updated every hour or so
  • ValmezValmez Member Posts: 77
    I can appreciate the difficulty in catching modders in real time and giving summoners energy costs back etc. I think that would be a fairly difficult thing to do.

But it would be nice to have perhaps a bit more transparency around the criteria invovled in banning at least the very obvious modders from the previous BG beta.

The reason I say this is because some of the obvious modders (that have fairly big accounts and finished fights in either under 5 hits and/or under 5 second) have not been banned - one from an alliance I faced in AW recently and another person who recently made the top100 for Valkyrie arena.

It would be great to have more faith in the system to see these processes working and keep the game as fair as possible for the many players who want to enjoy a lot of what the game has to offer.
  • BendonBendon Member Posts: 15

@Bendon

Bendon said:

Have you checked the trophy icon on the home page? Your ranking might have dropped because the rankings aren't updated in real time. I think they are updated every hour or so
    Thanks for the info. It looks like I somehow got bumped over 300 spots.