**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Auto-Block: Good, Meh, or Evil?

Flash_AsherFlash_Asher Posts: 80
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
What are your guys opinions on Auto-Block that has been introduced with champions like Medusa and Ragged Thor?

I'm not a fan as it takes away from the skill of intercepting which was a skill that needed to be learned due to the lack of stability parry offers. This is for the case of Ragnarok Thor. Medusa, the auto-block is seemingly more random which punishes the summoner for doing what the game calls for, fighting. If more champs are given this ability I see a lot of rage quitting in the near future.

Auto-Block: Good, Meh, or Evil? 75 votes

Good
17%
NinjAlanYellsomeMillybearSuperman69OndZjason_gurung7MagrailothosSungjDeadpool_42422112ShaheerFIazragnar0k_ASDF_Mr_mc_person34 13 votes
Meh
45%
VoluntarisMattyloVdh2008RektorShrimkinsvd016Drakon56LeNoirFaineantJensC91Viper1987Primmer79Le_Marv_8RentonXDphillgreenMasterTroller42nebCaptain_CaymanArus25Anonymous346butters 34 votes
Evil
37%
Crine60NevvBRagamugginGunnerSnakeEyes69CableMMCskippyGbSarkarRbvojtikLoPrestiMorganDanicb94AsukiraadqqedfyvrNeroNomarigerolKestrelleLambda1AlCapone2727KhanMedinaSummonerB2 28 votes

Comments

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★
    Good
    As long as it's only an ability occasional characters have, it's fine - players will just need to use different strategies against Medusa and Thor; like they have to avoid stunning Mordo and BPCW.

That's no bad thing - It keeps the game more interesting if you have to engage your brain during a fight.
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Meh
    Just have to learn to fight around it. Medusa's auto block actually isn't random. It triggers after a certain number of hits and only if she has 3 fury buffs. Thor's intercept auto block sounds like it'll be more annoying, especially in AW where parry is triggered. You will just have to rely on parry more over intercepting.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Meh
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Just have to learn to fight around it. Medusa's auto block actually isn't random. It triggers after a certain number of hits and only if she has 3 fury buffs. Thor's intercept auto block sounds like it'll be more annoying, especially in AW where parry is triggered. You will just have to rely on parry more over intercepting.

how about stun immune node though?
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Evil
    It's complete BS that it triggers parry. If you want it to trigger a block it'd be annoying but you can deal with it. This is basically making more Juggernauts with longer unstoppable.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Evil
    It's complete BS that it triggers parry. If you want it to trigger a block it'd be annoying but you can deal with it. This is basically making more Juggernauts with longer unstoppable.

I agree with this, but I think there will be some fun counters with Mordo and BPCW that we will see come out, especially since those guys aren't being used as much for defense in diversity wars.
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Meh
    gohard123 wrote: »
    Viper1987 wrote: »

how about stun immune node though?

Parry and bait a heavy. I've also been working on attacking after they use their second medium attack. If you shallow evade, or sometimes just evade, you can bait a second medium attack and go in right after. Takes a little practice, but this method works too. I usually use it on Rhino.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Autoblocking from a guy using a shield while charging in I'm perfectly fine with.

It triggering parry is lame.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Good
    Fighting Thor Ragnarok is no different to fighting Rhino, even on stun immune if you play well you won't have much trouble. There are different skill based ways to play this game and there are champions that counter all of them not just intercepting. Mordo and black panther civil war counter parry, dormammu counters evade, thor ragnarok and rhino counter intercepting. There are no problems with it you just have to learn to play around it
  • Options
    Claytons2112Claytons2112 Posts: 66
    Meh
    I'm ok with it, wish it couldn't auto block specials or parry you... but it could interupt a combo or something and I'd be fine with it
  • Options
    IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    Auto Block equaling Parry is just another laziness coming from the game team, they are basically out of ideas that they making up **** in hopes the game can survive till 2025.
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    Meh
    just another ability, like invicible hood

mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    PedrobarraPedrobarra Posts: 41
    The war on intercepting has begun. You can thanks you tubers
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Ugh I fought a medusa miniboss on immune node, she was partying my 4/55 drax on the second half of his medium attack