**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Valkyrie and arena bots

Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
Kabam,

The Valkyrie arena proves that you need to either do a check on arena bots or consider whether this arena is sustainable.

275 million cutoff is just insane for a champ. Additionally, while we don’t know how many people were using bots, we know for a fact from battle grounds that #63 on the leaderboard uses bots bc he finished a fight in 1 second.

Comments

• Options
    Disbanded_pensDisbanded_pens Posts: 175
    How many rounds / fights does 275M take?
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,647 Guardian
    What actual rank was the 275m ? (how close to the 100 cutoff ?)

Hasn’t reached the cutoff spreadsheet results yet, but lately there has been too few submissions and sometimes the closest to cutoff that has been reported is far above the 100th place (like rank 20, 30, or 50. so that score is well above what actual cutoff was).
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    using the above number of 1309... and an average of 30 seconds per fight (some will be faster, some will be slower, and does not factor in the time it would take to refresh champs buy them back online so you could keep going)...

thats1309 x 3 x 30 seconds = 32 hours of arena grinding in 3 days.

What ever happened to "this is a game" and "Quality of Life".

I'm not saying everyone should be gifted one... far from it... but I'd rather see it be something like: Solo an EOP-like fight (maybe even a little harder) against the champ, get the champ. You can do this up to 2 times with 2 different champs to get the champ awakened. You only have 72 hours to complete this.... Or have it be a time trial, and the top 100 times get the champ.

Something that "not just anyone can / would do"... but also wouldn't get you fired if you worked at Kabam, you could do and still actually do your normal day job.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★

What actual rank was the 275m ? (how close to the 100 cutoff ?)

Hasn’t reached the cutoff spreadsheet results yet, but lately there has been too few submissions and sometimes the closest to cutoff that has been reported is far above the 100th place (like rank 20, 30, or 50. so that score is well above what actual cutoff was).

275 was 100 placed
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★

using the above number of 1309... and an average of 30 seconds per fight (some will be faster, some will be slower, and does not factor in the time it would take to refresh champs buy them back online so you could keep going)...

I'm not saying everyone should be gifted one... far from it... but I'd rather see it be something like: Solo an EOP-like fight (maybe even a little harder) against the champ, get the champ. You can do this up to 2 times with 2 different champs to get the champ awakened. You only have 72 hours to complete this.... Or have it be a time trial, and the top 100 times get the champ.

Something that "not just anyone can / would do"... but also wouldn't get you fired if you worked at Kabam, you could do and still actually do your normal day job.

It’s not Kabam’s fault that people grind THAT much for a champ. It’s open competition. Top 100 highest bidders win.

True enough, there might be bots or mercs that are doing the grinding but 30+ hours over 3 days isn’t impossible. I personally know some people who take a couple of days leave and just sit home all day for 3 full days to grind for a champ.

Arguably, Kabam earns the most from new champ introductions so it’s unlikely they’ll make it easier to attain a champ.
  • Options
    HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Scores much higher than 275 mil is far from impossible for humans to grind manually, as insane as that might sound. I'm not saying bots don't exist, I'm only saying people can do it without bots.

Based on some calculations, if anyone had all the 5*s (at r2+) and 6*s in the game and used those to grind continuously with an unlimited supply of 1.3x 6* boosts, they'd only have to spend around 4.1k units and grind for close to 63 hours to get to 275 mil.

63 hours. As tiring as that seems, again, some people can do it while some people can get around it without using bots.

And then with an unlimited supply of units for refreshing their quickest and highest-scoring team, they can grind the same amount of points with a total grind time of 34 hours. But at a total cost of 17.1k units.

These are estimates and actual figures may slightly vary. I personally know players who grind frequently and can consistently smash cutoffs even for chase champs.
  • Options
    Hieitaku said:

Scores much higher than 275 mil is far from impossible for humans to grind manually, as insane as that might sound. I'm not saying bots don't exist, I'm only saying people can do it without bots.

Based on some calculations, if anyone had all the 5*s (at r2+) and 6*s in the game and used those to grind continuously with an unlimited supply of 1.3x 6* boosts, they'd only have to spend around 4.1k units and grind for close to 63 hours to get to 275 mil.

63 hours. As tiring as that seems, again, some people can do it while some people can get around it without using bots.

And then with an unlimited supply of units for refreshing their quickest and highest-scoring team, they can grind the same amount of points with a total grind time of 34 hours. But at a total cost of 17.1k units.

These are estimates and actual figures may slightly vary. I personally know players who grind frequently and can consistently smash cutoffs even for chase champs.

5 odins sounds decently reasonable for refreshing for the whales.
  • Options
    xNig said:

Hieitaku said:

That's if they had all the available 6*s in the game. They'd have to spend just a bit more if they're missing a dozen or so champs to grind with.
  • Options
    Hieitaku said:

xNig said:

Hieitaku said:

That's if they had all the available 6*s in the game. They'd have to spend just a bit more if they're missing a dozen or so champs to grind with.
    Not really. They just need to refresh their top 6*s with boosts and suicides.

$$$ isn’t an issue for these whales.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Elthan said:

The fact that so many of you find reasonnable (or even normal) a 11h/day grind and 5 odins ($500) per arena....makes me thoughtful :/

Kabam has still good days ahead of them with people like you.

If you want something that much, isn’t it common sense to put in as much effort as you can to get it?

What’s unreasonable about that? I’m actually surprised it’s only 11hrs/day instead of 15-16.
  • Options
    xNig said:

Hieitaku said:

xNig said:

Hieitaku said:

The estimate I made already has those in consideration.
  • Options
    Hieitaku said:

xNig said:

Hieitaku said:

xNig said:

Hieitaku said:

Oh. I’m sure doubling the number of Odins isn’t a problem for them too.

I’ve had alliance mates in my previous alliance that spend 3-4k a month on the game. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    xNig said:

Hieitaku said:

xNig said:

Hieitaku said:

xNig said:

Hieitaku said:

I’ve had alliance mates in my previous alliance that spend 3-4k a month on the game. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Yes it's but a mild inconvenience for real ballers. I've been in alliances with such players. That's why I can easily acknowledge that it's possible albeit irrational from the pov of dolphins, remoras, and plankton.
  • Options
    Hieitaku said:

xNig said:

Hieitaku said:

xNig said:

Hieitaku said:

xNig said:

Hieitaku said:

Yes it's but a mild inconvenience for real ballers. I've been in alliances with such players. That's why I can easily acknowledge that it's possible albeit irrational from the pov of dolphins, remoras, and plankton.
    Ikr. But it’s also thanks to them that we have a game that doesn’t rely on ads or monthly subscription.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    xNig said:

It’s not Kabam’s fault that people grind THAT much for a champ. It’s open competition. Top 100 highest bidders win.

True enough, there might be bots or mercs that are doing the grinding but 30+ hours over 3 days isn’t impossible. I personally know some people who take a couple of days leave and just sit home all day for 3 full days to grind for a champ.

Arguably, Kabam earns the most from new champ introductions so it’s unlikely they’ll make it easier to attain a champ.
    actually... it is Kabam's fault:

1: for making such a champ that would drive that much hype
    2: for pushing the hype further with prestige
    3: for making a system where its possible for such a requirement of people is needed. If they just made it so 100M go the champion... I still wouldn't go for any champ... but people who do could do what they need to, and also have half a life at least.

I realize 100M is an arbitrary number... maybe it should be slightly higher, or lower... And maybe to acknowledge people get new champs all the time, that it goes up 1M per month to account for that... but being the guy just missing out has to suck. Assuming they were legit, they probably spent $500 in units on refreshes, didn't work, barely slept, and did arena even on the toilet. Sure maybe in 6 months Kabam will do analysis and get another 25 people the champ after weeding out the cheaters... but by then, those people may suck more time and (and units) out of their lives trying again, or going for Cavs, or even pull from featured crystal, which would be totally wasted by Kabam afterwards saying... oops... here you go.

• Options
    FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★

xNig said:

actually... it is Kabam's fault:

1: for making such a champ that would drive that much hype
    2: for pushing the hype further with prestige
    3: for making a system where its possible for such a requirement of people is needed. If they just made it so 100M go the champion... I still wouldn't go for any champ... but people who do could do what they need to, and also have half a life at least.

So you are saying they should make new champs bad and with bad prestige?

Thats a new one for sure...
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

How many rounds / fights does 275M take?

If you’re going full sweat mode which I dare say you are at this stage. The minimum would be - assuming you’re refreshing a team of R4s with 30% arena boosts.

275,000,000 / ((85,000 x 3) x 1.3) = 829.5 rounds of arena.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I think Kabam should just revamp the arena in the name of “QoL” and add in 1% boosts for 1 unit.

Generally what it means is that you can pay x units for the champ to gain x% boost.

It’ll save time and remove mercs grinding arena for the whales, while traditional grinders can still go about grinding it the old school way.

(I’m serious about this lol)

Before people jump in and say it’s p2w for new champs, it already is, mostly.