**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Gauntlet run 2022 Discussion thread

2»

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★
    Nalak8 said:

Storm or Mr. Negative?

Negative, of course.
    I love my r3 Storm. Slayer. No knock on Negative.
  • Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★

Nalak8 said:

Storm or Mr. Negative?

Negative, of course.
    I love my r3 Storm. Slayer. No knock on Negative.
    How do you like her? I hear she’s a banger after the buff. unfortunately, I run suicide so she and mr negative won’t be rank up anytime soon…
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,237 ★★★★
    Anyone know if mr F can take sasquatch and mojo?

I'm having trouble defeating doom with my 5/65 apoc but tigra can handle him easy with mr F prefight. I think kitty/tigra/ghost can handle the rest of the gauntlet. Only need to decide if I want to take in apoc or a sassy counter like torch/void/sp2099.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

Anyone know if mr F can take sasquatch and mojo?

I'm having trouble defeating doom with my 5/65 apoc but tigra can handle him easy with mr F prefight. I think kitty/tigra/ghost can handle the rest of the gauntlet. Only need to decide if I want to take in apoc or a sassy counter like torch/void/sp2099.

Apoc has been helpful so far. I think I’ll take AA against sassy. I’ll let you know how it goes
    edited August 2022
    @Lpoo totally forgot about AA, i have a ranked 5 star. Is yours a 6 star or 5 star?

@Lpoo totally forgot about AA, i have a ranked 5 star. Is yours a 6 star or 5 star?

6* AA. I used him to take down the last 20-30% off Sasquatch, wasn’t too bad. Nimrod and herc got him that far and AA took the rest
    Just finished! Team was R3 AA, R3 Herc, R3 Mags, R5 Apoc, R5 Nimrod

Solos were:
    Doom - Mags
    Terrax - herc
    Vision - herc
    Modok - herc
    Weapon X - AA
    Night crawler - apoc
    Domino - nimrod
    Ibom - nimrod
    Apoc - nimrod

I spent all of my ~40 l1’s on the rest, mostly on Korg. That *sshole. crystals were first time awakening from Angela and Knull, sigs into Drax and blue cyclops. Now I’m one t6b and one t3a from paragon, feels good man
  • ricknmorty_ricknmorty_ Posts: 18
    So I'm planning on copying Swedeah's reviveless run from last year which consisted of: Kingpin, Sinister, She Hulk, Quake, and Prof X. I m planning on doing the Gauntlet after I R4 KP and after a little bit of practice using Quake against big healthpools. The only real fights that I am worried about are the Quake fights, Korg, and KM as I do have She Hulk for Sassy. Against Korg I will just try to burst him down with a boosted Prof X and against KM I'll try my best with KP and finish with Quake. Do you think 20 revives, 350 units, and a lot of potions can get me the run?
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    How do you fight Nameless Thanos. The 2nd phase regen keeps popping up.
  • Dante_247Dante_247 Posts: 40
    So the team I’m bringing in is AA, Red Mags,Herc,Apoc&Void. For anyone who’s completed it should I take suicides off?
    Dante_247 said:

So the team I’m bringing in is AA, Red Mags,Herc,Apoc&Void. For anyone who’s completed it should I take suicides off?

I would, especially when using void
  • RohtagaRohtaga Posts: 42
    I honestly found the Korg really easy. I used Kitty and needed 1 l1 revive with no heals. And that was because I messed up my initial setup and only did 5% on the first try.
    Rohtaga said:

I honestly found the Korg really easy. I used Kitty and needed 1 l1 revive with no heals. And that was because I messed up my initial setup and only did 5% on the first try.

What was your strategy? I saw kt1 do the fight without throwing any specials
    I definitely still threw specials. The strategy required Kitty being duped, and the Nimrod synergy definitely helped. It's a little difficult to describe, and I might just get myself to Korg again to see if I can capture a video. The essence of it is that you take advantage of Korg having the "Aggressive" node, and get into a cycle of medium backdrafts with lights thrown in to take care of mix master. So like medium, light, back up, medium, light back up, repeat. Once you drop his rock stacks, wait for him to dash back and give you a window to hit into his block. When you dash forward, you'll phase, you'll hit his block once, and you wait for him to counter you. You'll be able to stun him, you'll still be phased, and because of Kitty's sig, you won't take damage so the block penetration doesn't matter. Heavy him. If he's in the corner, you won't even need to stun him, because he'll miss into your phase, so you get a free heavy regardless. As for specials, it's beneficial to save to sp3. Make sure you fire it off while phased and use it to clear rock stacks. You'll be phased for a few seconds, so it will be easy to land a risk-free parry. Heavy to reset flux dispersal and gain prowess to be able to phase again. Sp3 twice, by that time you should be at max prowess bonus, and as long as the stacks are down, a Special 2 should kill him. That was what worked for me anyway.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    100% mine yesterday team was Aegon,AA,quake, Warlock and proxima. No too much long talk ramping up Aegon was worth it absolute beast. I don't run suicides by the way.
    Did mine with kitty tigra ghost archangel and mr F yesterday. Used around 50 revives and 5 team revives. Lost a lot due to bad concentration and bad ghost skills. Also played the korg fight @Rohtaga described. Besides him I found sasquatch with my 5/65 AA and spider ham with 5/65 ghost the hardest fights.

Did mine with kitty tigra ghost archangel and mr F yesterday. Used around 50 revives and 5 team revives. Lost a lot due to bad concentration and bad ghost skills. Also played the korg fight @Rohtaga described. Besides him I found sasquatch with my 5/65 AA and spider ham with 5/65 ghost the hardest fights.

I want to go ahead and apologize for not being clearer. I assumed that mentioning hitting into block would make it clear that the Tigra synergy would make the strategy more difficult. I might as well just post my full team to make it easier for others. I used Kitty r4, Hercules r4, Nimrod r3, Magneto r3, Ghost r3.

Some highlights:
    Doom solo with Kitty
    Terrax solo with Kitty
    Vision solo with Mags
    Modok solo with Herc
    Spiderham solo with Kitty (no heals or boosts used for the first five fights)
    Thing solo with Herc
    Korg 1 revive with Kitty
    Nightcrawler 1 revive with Ghost (died at 5%)
    Spidergwen solo with Herc
    Domino solo with Nimrod
    Ibom solo with Herc
    Nick Fury solo with Herc
    Thanos 1 revive with Herc

Some lowlights:
    1 revive to Weapon X with Nimrod (lmao)
    BPCW 8 revives. Was not good. Had to step away
    Sasquatch 5 revives with Nimrod. Struggled to get the timing right, had to step away for this one too.

All in all, I used 17 single revives and 3 team revives. I only used healing items I had in my inventory/items I got from free crystals, no units spent. After the start, I was fairly disappointed in my run, but I got decent rewards, including my 6 star negative, so I was happy in the end.

Side note, the Spider-Ham solo with Kitty was such a chaotic fight, but it was so much fun and so rewarding.
  • Rohtaga said:

I want to go ahead and apologize for not being clearer. I assumed that mentioning hitting into block would make it clear that the Tigra synergy would make the strategy more difficult. I might as well just post my full team to make it easier for others. I used Kitty r4, Hercules r4, Nimrod r3, Magneto r3, Ghost r3.

Some highlights:
    Doom solo with Kitty
    Terrax solo with Kitty
    Vision solo with Mags
    Modok solo with Herc
    Spiderham solo with Kitty (no heals or boosts used for the first five fights)
    Thing solo with Herc
    Korg 1 revive with Kitty
    Nightcrawler 1 revive with Ghost (died at 5%)
    Spidergwen solo with Herc
    Domino solo with Nimrod
    Ibom solo with Herc
    Nick Fury solo with Herc
    Thanos 1 revive with Herc

Some lowlights:
    1 revive to Weapon X with Nimrod (lmao)
    BPCW 8 revives. Was not good. Had to step away
    Sasquatch 5 revives with Nimrod. Struggled to get the timing right, had to step away for this one too.

All in all, I used 17 single revives and 3 team revives. I only used healing items I had in my inventory/items I got from free crystals, no units spent. After the start, I was fairly disappointed in my run, but I got decent rewards, including my 6 star negative, so I was happy in the end.

Side note, the Spider-Ham solo with Kitty was such a chaotic fight, but it was so much fun and so rewarding.
    https://youtu.be/H2HnwN-ifBI Is this your solo?
    Rohtaga said:

I want to go ahead and apologize for not being clearer. I assumed that mentioning hitting into block would make it clear that the Tigra synergy would make the strategy more difficult.
    Not really actually. Instead of hitting his block I just hit him once and waited. I was still phased and could easily parry heavy or let him miss and heavy.

https://youtu.be/H2HnwN-ifBI Is this your solo?

Yeah, that's me