**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

(Bug??) Spidey 2099 taking damage from fate seal?

I fought longshot using my Spidey 2099. Longshot activated his sp2 when his good karma were at 5, thereby putting fate seal on Spidey 2099.
I dex after longshot basic combo and I got incineration on me though Spidey 2099 is buff immune .
What's going on?

Comments

• Options
    Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★
    Well you would still take incinerate damage from his Bad Karma's regardless. My guess is you had a few Bad Karmas before he launched the sp2, or you waited long enough for the Good Karma's to expire and then get applied to you as Bad Karma's while the fate seal/incinerate was still active.

A video would help.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Buff immunity doesn't matter against Longshot bcoz bad karma is effectively treated as buffs only
    So u'll get incinerated from bad karam even if u don't get buffs
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Wicket329 said:

This language actually contradicts what is being seen in game. This says fate seal has to remove the buff, aka the buff has to exist and then be removed. Spidey’s immunity should counteract further incinerates being applied by dexing attacks.

This is different from Wiccan’s interaction, where neutralize prevents the buff from attempting to apply and therefore calculated before the immunity comes into play. If Longshot’s incinerate worked by reducing buff ability accuracy rather than a fate seal, it would make more sense. But that’s not what the character description leads me to believe.
    @Kabam Miike could we get some clarification on this? The growing number of mystics who punish buffs from a buff immune science champ is disconcerting if that’s what’s happening.

Here I’m not getting anything:

Dr. Zola
    Wasn't there a big thread where everyone came to a cinsenseua?
  • Options
    Coolguy123321Coolguy123321 Posts: 4
    @DNA3000 your take is so bad. Why are you trying to justify a mistake on Kabam’s end? Let them own up to it. Just because it happens doesn’t mean it should.

Longshot’s ability states that anytime a buff would be triggered it is instead consumed by fateseal and this effect triggers the passive incinerates.

S99’s kit explains that there should be no buffs period. If there are no buffs to be gained then why should he be affected at all by the fate seal? This means that he does in fact gain buffs which goes entirely against the whole point of his immunity.

While we’re on this topic, I might as well point out a similar bug I discovered not too long ago. While facing Mephisto, s99 cannot pause his debuffs (wither debuff from his synergy with anti venom) at the start of the fight because mephisto’s ability to make the opponent not trigger buffs gets in the way of spidey’s buff immunity, hence spidey cannot use his buff immunity to pause his personal debuffs.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Shaktiman said:

@DNA3000 just 1 question.
    Red guardian is not taking damage from longshot sp2 fate seal/incineration but Spidey 2099 is.
    So as per your long, long, loong paragraphs, either Red guardian is bugged or Spidey 2099 is!

I tried it myself, and he definitely does Incinerate (provided Dexterity even triggers)

I made sure not to have any Good Karma on Longshot so I didn't see any Bad Karma.
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    So @DNA3000 what's your take on Buffet then? If the buff still happens like it does as you say for the wiccan or longshot situations before s99/red guardians immunity prevents it then why not for buffet node?

Purely a firing order situation and goes with whatever kabam decides to code it as?

We could just have easily had kabam code it so s99/red guardians own abilities trigger before any outside abilities but maybe that's too difficult and there's already a heap of inconsistencies with mephistos soul imprisonment where buffs will be blocked but others won't be on fight start.

One last one for you, how come when fighting against a bleed immune on masochism, the node doesn't trigger? The bleed is still applied right but the immunity triggers before the node?

So maybe kabam should release an order of trigger for fights?

Does it go:
    Attacker > defender > node
    Defender > attacker > node
    Node > defender > attacker
    Or any random combination depending on how kabam codes it at the time?
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

DNA has a habit of going to extreme lengths to construct an explanation around why something works that he forgets to consider if that’s how it should work.

Sadly, how things "should" work according to the people isn't how things do work.

An analogy I came up with, is giving Colossus a bulletproof shield that he can't get rid of.

Does he need a bulletproof shield? No. Bullets don't affect him.

However, every time the shield blocks a bullet, he gets blasted by... something that hurts him.

The shield does not prevent the bullets being fired. It blocks them before they reach Colossus, even though they would have no effect on him.

Even though the shield is doing nothing but technically harming him in a situation he shouldn't be harmed in, he can't just get rid of it.

What DNA (and I) are trying to say, is that even though that's not how things "should" work in a reasonable scenario, that's just how they work in game - the Fate Seal blocks the buff before Spider-Man's Immunity, but the buff trigger doesn't magically cease to exist..

It's weird that some Mystic champs would have ways around Buff Immunity (since that's a Science thing), but I guess class advantage doesn't necessarily equate to an optimal match-up vs the entire class

see: Magneto
  • Options
    Malreck04 said:

DNA has a habit of going to extreme lengths to construct an explanation around why something works that he forgets to consider if that’s how it should work.

What is "should" except what the desginers intent?
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Malreck04 said:

As a point on logic, just because it’s something the designers intend doesn’t automatically make it the best way to design it. They are human, and things can be intended one way and interact differently, or there could be a disagreement from the player base that what they’ve intended doesn’t make sense, or a great many other things.

Regardless of what you think about this one situation, as an argument ‘if kabam intended it then it should be in the game’ isn’t that strong.
  • Options

Malreck04 said:

As a point on logic, just because it’s something the designers intend doesn’t automatically make it the best way to design it. They are human, and things can be intended one way and interact differently, or there could be a disagreement from the player base that what they’ve intended doesn’t make sense, or a great many other things.

Regardless of what you think about this one situation, as an argument ‘if kabam intended it then it should be in the game’ isn’t that strong.
    I won't comment on this particular scenario cause i haven't actually understood the mechanics enough. But usually when players say should it's based on their biases rather than game consistenncy