**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AI is a LOT stingy with specials lately

2»

Comments

• Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,217 ★★★★★

You can compare the time to an average arena fight. Streak was around 40 something idk.
    Both r1s and took him way more than a minute to throw it.

This was only one fight. I'm much more capable of baiting specials and I don't have much problem with AI.
    But this is where the frustration of people is coming from.
  • Options
    Krish121Krish121 Posts: 81
    Kabam Jax said:

kabam have created skynet AI...
    supposedly they fixed something that they also said wasnt effected. blamed it on the new program they updated the game to solve the interaction issues with parry, dex, and all those goody good bugs.

but time and time again these AI learn adapt and seem to always resort to a unique playing style.

anyone saying other wise isnt playing the game like we the people are lol

We have been through this multiple times, the answer is the same every time: The game AI is not sentient. We are not approaching Skynet.

I promise you we have no desire to make AI adaptable to each individual's specific playstyle.

The comments made previously stated that we didn't make any direct changes to the AI, and that the changes were likely the result of the adjustments to other areas of the game or to the game engine itself.
    I would love if it was adaptable game would be more fun that way
  • Options
    PRIMUUSPRIMUUS Posts: 24
    SuelGames said:

Anyone else having this trouble? ffs sometimes im spending a full minute just baiting and nothing.. until i get cornered and screwed

Maybe its just bad luck but i dont remember this happening in the last 7 years, last weeks its been a pain to bait specials

Why do I feel like every update the AI just randomly becomes passive ???
  • Options
    You know who isn’t stingy with his special attack EOP kraken who needs to throw his sp1 for it to be a hard fight. Such a cheating scam
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    Guess who s dying to EOP Peni due to close encounters cause he wont throw her f.. sp1? -___-
  • Options
    IRQIRQ Posts: 305 ★★
    Specials are one thing but can we discuss one more thing that could and, in my opinion, should be done?

ADDING A MOTHERLOVING INPUT LAG.

Unless it's a directly or indirectly (bane etc.) timed fight, the hidden all or nothing node can be worked around with patience.

Enemy throwing specials in the same frame it would otherwise receive a hit can't. Enemy using specials while still on the floor after being knocked down (and thus invulnerable) can't. Enemy "special intercepting" player by using them at the exact same moment the player tried to and thus overriding them can't. Enemy attacking perfectly at the moment the player's character stands up and invincibility frames are over but player has no time humanely possible to react can't.

Those happen all the time, especially on higher level content and would be fixed by hardly noticeable 0,1 delay in some situations on AI part. I understand that's easy to say and incredibly hard to execute, at least in a way that doesn't throw stuff like parrying out of the window yet another time, but something probably COULD be done.