**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Twenty-four two-star champs is nice, but it's not enough

Kabam is giving everyone 25 two-star champions (Quicksilver and the Gatekeeper calendar) this month, but that’s a drop in the bucket when you consider there are nearly 200 two-star champions who aren’t in regular crystals. If you want to awaken one of them or raise their signature level to anything significant, you’re basically out of luck.

I’ve been playing the contest for over five years. While I have reached Paragon, I’m still not all that good at the game. One thing I do enjoy is collecting the heroes, and I have over 1,000 of them on my roster. The most that anybody in the contest has is 1,117. That means he is missing 25 champions. You’d think they’d mostly be 6-stars, but they’re mostly 2-stars and I can name many of them. Personally, 52 of 119 that I’m missing are 2-stars. The reason for this is that most are rarely available, and some have never been available.

Compounding this issue, some champions need to be awakened and have high signature levels to be most effective. While the average sig level of my 4* champions is 97, my 2-star champions average fewer than 30 sig levels. Everyone knows this is because when you dupe a two-star It increases signature level by just one and you get very few chances to do even that.

I realize that 2* are not very useful in the game outside the extremely limited content, like the current crystal arenas, where 2* are required. It seemed for a while that Kabam recognized this. When I started playing the contest, there were around 150 champions in the contest and forty did not exist as 2-stars. Two years later, on June 27, 2019, Invisible Woman was released but not as a 2-star. At that time, there were about 100 2* champions that were not in the PHC and that was going to be it. Kabam even discontinued “The Daily Special” where you could get a class crystal that guaranteed a 2* champion with a chance to get a 3* or 4*. Even there, the 2* were limited to the champs in the PHC.

This continued for the next 19 champions. Each was released only as a 3-star and up. However, in May 2020, with the release of Black Widow (Deadly Origin), it all changed. Not only was she was released as a 2-star, but the forty champions who had previously been unavailable were released as 2-stars as well. This pattern has continued to today. This has made it nearly impossible to acquire or add sig levels to 2-star champions once you’ve maxed out those in the PHC. The only guaranteed way to get a new 2-star is through Marvel Insider. However, this is only available to adults living in the U.S. The only way to get a new 2-star in game has been the Collector Crystal. However, there’s only a “chance” to get a 2-star that isn’t in the PHC. While this undisclosed chance is certainly higher that the chance to get an Immortal Iron Fist from a max sig crystal, it’s not high enough.

What are some solutions?

1. 1) Give summoners at least one of the newly released champions as a two-star each month (They’ve actually done this in two of the past three months, and the other could be available through Marvel Insider.)
  2. 2) Collector Crystals should contain ONLY champions who are not regularly available.
  3. 3) Expand or completely change which two-star champions are in the Premium Hero Crystal.
  4. 4) Increase the drop rate of 2-star awakening gems in the Solo Crystal
  5. 5) Make two-star signature stones more available and/or worth more sig levels
  6. 6) No more new two-star champions

My guess is that BrutalDLX is missing 2* Anti-Venom, Captain America (Sam Wilson), Galen, Gorr, Hulkling (or Wiccan), Ikaris, Knull, Nimrod, Peni Parker, Purgatory, Sauron, Scarlet Witch, Scorpion, Sersi, Shang-Chi, Super-Skrull, Stryfe, and Wong. He is missing 6* Quicksilver and 6* Scarlet Witch (Classic). We will both be getting Air-Walker and Terrax this weekend. Basically, everyone who plays the game is missing them since they’ve never been made available. (A few people have 6* Quicksilver from the preview crystal.)

P.S. In addition to Quicksilver, only seven of the twenty-four from the calendar for a total of eight will be new for me. I have gotten four new two-stars through Marvel Insider this month because last month’s rewards were delayed.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Was it too hard to write "24x 2-star's" in the title?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I would like to see more 2* sig stones as it takes so long to get them to max sig. You can get 2* awakening gems if you open regular Solo crystals instead of Supreme solo crystals but they ought to include 2* gems in the Normal level of EQ. Also agree with @BitterSteel. Put more 2*s in the premium.
  • BKSwisherSweetBKSwisherSweet Posts: 136 ★★
    The collector 2* crystals from the arenas need a buff also so that all the champs are in there.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 925 ★★★
    100% agree with u, in fact some of of ur points ive been saying for a few years now, this is long overdue.

Im a collector like u, so its a joke that ive 3m rating and i have to keep buying 1000 solo crystals just to get 2* sig stones, cause there s no other decent ways to get em, when i could be buying 10.000 crystals instead.
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,120 ★★★★
    I kinda think it funny how ppl are complaining about 2* but yes we need more 2*s lol
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    fully agree on 2, 4 and 5
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    They should be in the phc.

Side points from the story from OP, I had to count but 69 playable champions when I started and they were all in the phc 😂 I believe lmao.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I like the exclusivity of 2* to be honest. Having a pretty full roster of 2* shows your activity etc.

I’d like the ability to sig 2* a bit better. I feel that sig99 is a pretty high bar for a rarity we use for a month at the very most. I don’t think that it’d be remotely overpowered for 2* sig stones to be +8s as at the end of the day they’re only going to generate 55 3* shards from a max sig crystal or if you’re insanely lucky, a 3* Immortal Ironfist.
  • SpiderGlennSpiderGlenn Posts: 8
    edited August 2022

Just a friendly heads up, I use the solo crystals to get sig stones and awakening gems for my rare 2 stars.

I also use marvel insider to get newer 2 stars almost monthly.

But I’m definitely onboard to find better ways to acquire and rank these champs.

I mentioned the Solo Crystal and Marvel Insider. Item 4 is to increase the drop rate for 2* awakening gems. Although, I did not mention getting sig stones that way. In my experience, the listed drop rates are not accurate. I've gotten way more 3* AG than 2* AG and the stated odds say you should get more than 4 2* AG for every 3* AG.

I'm surprised that no one said anything about 6* Scarlet Witch (Classic).

The collector 2* crystals from the arenas need a buff also so that all the champs are in there.

This is definitely another viable option. Any regular hero crystal containing 2* should contain all the 2*.
    Buttehrs said:

People find a way to complain about everything huh

The difference here is that these are all easy fixes that have no effect on the overall meta of the game or Kabam's bottom line. The only change would be that summoners could get a few more points in the arena.
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 460 ★★★
    Do people open PHCs anymore? I've got thousands of the things. The last time I opened 200, and didn't get a single new champion. Is there a list of its contents?

• I can't disagree more, I have over 100 2*, I think that's more than enough given they are only used for this twice a year legends arena.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    I have 169 and I want MOAR!
  • Mister_pl0wMister_pl0w Posts: 104

Just a friendly heads up, I use the solo crystals to get sig stones and awakening gems for my rare 2 stars.

I also use marvel insider to get newer 2 stars almost monthly.

But I’m definitely onboard to find better ways to acquire and rank these champs.

I mentioned the Solo Crystal and Marvel Insider. Item 4 is to increase the drop rate for 2* awakening gems. Although, I did not mention getting sig stones that way. In my experience, the listed drop rates are not accurate. I've gotten way more 3* AG than 2* AG and the stated odds say you should get more than 4 2* AG for every 3* AG.

I'm surprised that no one said anything about 6* Scarlet Witch (Classic).
    Yeah that’s my bad I wasn’t trying to ignore what you said.

I think there could be an increase in the amount of sig stones we get from the class advancement solo events. Currently it’s only one if that was increased it would be nice.

I would agree the drop rates for 2 star items could be adjusted, I always get xp boosts and 3 star arena boosts. I do have pretty good luck with 2 awakening gems but I am almost exclusively spending my shards on just the solo crystals and not the supremes anymore so I am spending millions to get handfuls of each class but then have an overflowing stash of items I can only use for item use points.

2 star versions of champs could also be added to either their respective arenas or even to the summoner trials when released. Possibly add one to completion of normal difficulty to the monthly eq or side quest and the other threw marvel insider.

Like I said I’m on board to find better ways to make these champs more available and less restrictive.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★

Do people open PHCs anymore? I've got thousands of the things. The last time I opened 200, and didn't get a single new champion. Is there a list of its contents?

For 2*'s there's 36 champions released no later than 2015. And they aren't evenly distributed across the classes.

4x Skill: HE, BW, WS, BP.
    6x Mutant: Colossus, DPXF, Mags, Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine.
    7x Tech: IM, Ultron, SL, Rocket, HB, Vision(both).
    7x Cosmic: Gamora, Thor, Venom, SIM, Drax, BB, Ronan.
    5x Mystic: Guilly, IF, Magik, SW, Juggz.
    7x Science: YJ, Spidey, Hulk, Abom, Cap, Rhino, Antman.
  • DanthexmanDanthexman Posts: 197
    The Marvel Insider idea sucks as its only available to U.S. players. An unfair advantage. Just put all available 2* into the phc. BUT only do it if there's going to be more useful content for them
  • WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 778 ★★★
    the part about collector crystals that trigger me is when they go to a common 2* and I am like ARE YOU SERIOUS RN
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    The 2* collector champs are basically a way for Kabam to have a hard to chase thing that isn't progression significant, for the people who actually enjoy chasing after hard to catch things. It is a reasonable compromise to that specific playstyle. If someone wants to make all the 2* champs easier to collect, they need to suggest something else that will replace that function.

Of course many people will say they have no problem with that, but the problem is they are too hard to chase. But that's the point. They have to be, for most players, to serve their function.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,677 ★★★★★
    Easiest way would be to just increase the amount of collector crystals we get.
  • WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 778 ★★★
    yep