**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Normal CGR Rotation

Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 576 ★★★
edited August 2022 in Strategy and Tips
What would be the usual rotation to use for CGR for normal questing? And what would be the rotation you would use for longer more difficult fights like in act 7?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 576 ★★★

I use Heavy, MLLLL, MLLLM, SP2

I must be doing something wrong. My 6* is at R1 as I’m testing him (just pulled). I do that rotation and always end up just short of the sp2. Sp2 Damage seems to low too, guess he needs the rankup to really see
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 734 ★★★
    @Phillip14233 you have more power gain at higher ranks (from combat, not buff)
  • WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 656 ★★★★
    Also make sure not to activate dexterity; otherwise you miss out on the precision from sp2 (and subsequently a lot of damage)
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Repto23 said:

I go MLLLM, MLLLL, HEAVY, SP2.
    This way the Aptitude from Heavy applies to sp2 buff, whenever i do heavy first it expires before i can sp2.

If you do heavy first it means you can get to sp2 before the opponent even gets a bar of power.

Heavy, MLLLL will leave the opponent below a bar, so you can parry and do MLLLM and get to 2 bars.

MLLLM then MLLLL will leave opponent above a bar of power. So they can use a special and you may need to dex it or take it on block.

Overall, I find the first technique better, since you don’t need to worry about dealing with a special
  • OrtounOrtoun Posts: 551 ★★★
    Medium ending combo, heavy, light ending combo, sp2 for me, also just as an FYI, the synergies that benefit him the most don't include him in any way. One is a Mr F synergy that pauses 1 of each buff each time you hit, usually activate it with night thrasher, the other is a capiw synergy for increased buff duration, usually activate with gamora.
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 516 ★★★
    My 5* I still have to hit them once more after the MLLLM, MLLLL. Then I parry and heavy cancel into sp2. For most fights I find this rotation all that's needed
  • Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 576 ★★★
    Repto23 said:

@Phillip14233 you have more power gain at higher ranks (from combat, not buff)

Oh yea, forgot that’s a thing
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,345 ★★★★★

I use Heavy, MLLLL, MLLLM, SP2

I must be doing something wrong. My 6* is at R1 as I’m testing him (just pulled). I do that rotation and always end up just short of the sp2. Sp2 Damage seems to low too, guess he needs the rankup to really see
    As well as the slight additional power gain at r2, since you're aiming to parry, try to land a medium Attack or even ML before that initial Heavy.

Alternately go MLLLM first, then MLLLL after for a little more power gain; but with that rotation, you won't get the power fast enough to go directly into SP2, and will need to parry again.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Nocko said:

Parry, MLLLM, Parry, MLLLL, Dex, Parry, Heavy cancelled into Sp2

That's what i do with my R3 for any normal quest. There is usually very little left to clean up after that, most of the time its dead

If you dex then you’re wasting a lot of potential when you don’t have to actually dex
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 516 ★★★
    Nocko said:

Parry, MLLLM, Parry, MLLLL, Dex, Parry, Heavy cancelled into Sp2

That's what i do with my R3 for any normal quest. There is usually very little left to clean up after that, most of the time its dead

Shouldn't you not dex? Then you don't get the precision from your sp2