**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New back to school crystals bugged?

Comments

• SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    Shamir51 said:

Seems like Kabam aren’t immune to global inflation 😂

Well, not many countries has had 100% inflation, not global either…
    So in my opinion a mistake or a really bad move…
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    And it's not actually the first time they increase the price on these particular offers, a couple of months ago they went from 4.99 to 5.99 for no reason, people in the forums were saying it was because of monetary global changes or whatever, but these nexuses were the Only deals that increased their price. Ok it was just one euro, but still. And now, double? No. Just, no.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
    Logged in to buy them. Saw they doubled the price. Proceeded to make sure aq and aw was done and hard closed the game without purchasing. Smart move by the marketing sept.
  • Username8123Username8123 Posts: 13
    It was already a lot to routinely drop $10 on 2 of these whenever they are available. Now it would be $20 for the same thing and no difference in drop rate. What the F? And now that they are twice as much the limit has been upped to 3? This game must be in its last gasps if they are restorting to such shameless tactics to squeeze the last bit of money out of us while they can.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Yea, i kinda love the crystal pool an really want to buy them. Hopefully some price clarification comes through - hopefully a response soon
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    If the price stays this way, and if you re hunting for a particular champ from it, it will be now better to buy the daily cav nexus of the same class.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 919 ★★★★★
    I love these crystals but not purchasing them this time. I don’t want to contribute to normalising this price point.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 919 ★★★★★

I'm skeptical of the drop rates. Nexus cavs have 3% 6*, 16% 5*
    I opened 6 and saw no 5* or 6*s
    (There's a 2% chance for 18 rolls to miss on a 19% chance for a 5*/6*)

Either I'm unlucky, or the drop rates are wrong.

I’ve opened batches of 4 nexus crystals multiple sometimes. I’ve had occasions of nothing but 3* and occasions where I’ve had 3x 6* and a 5*. Sometimes randomness works in our favour, sometimes it doesn’t. Odds are mostly it doesn’t but it does feel nice when it does.

All that’s to say I think you were unlucky.
  • Peairs420Peairs420 Posts: 60
    and.... they're bugged oh kabam you're so predictable lol and a 100 percent price increase this is what inflation looks like eh, glad i only whale out for ggc's oh wait nevermind
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Vance2_jr said:

I did it instinctively before I realized the price increase. Last time I buy these. In the immortal words of George W. Bush: “… fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

How are they fooling u if the price is right there...
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    Hopefully a bug.. When trying to buy it says 'Back to School Mythic pack'.. May be the price was supposed to be for some mythic crystal bundle not for the nexus crystal pack..

Not buying it for this price though..
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    Could be an adaption to inflation but that’s unlikely
  • Hey everyone,
    Just taking a moment to address this.

There isn't anything fishy afoot, here; this price was intentional. Different deals have different prices. It's also why prices are clearly displayed and require a second stage of confirmation (with the price displayed a second time).

That being said, we are taking your feedback to the team and letting them know the general sentiment regarding this deal! Thank you for taking the time to share with us.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Bahubali said:

Hopefully a bug.. When trying to buy it says 'Back to School Mythic pack'.. May be the price was supposed to be for some mythic crystal bundle not for the nexus crystal pack..

Not buying it for this price though..

I suppose they will say the term “Mythic” isn’t used in the context it has been used for the past couple of years in game, but rather refers to how good the champs in the crystal are.

Like Ant-Man, for example. Or OGIM. Or Elektra.

Dr. Zola
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,
    Just taking a moment to address this.

There isn't anything fishy afoot, here; this price was intentional. Different deals have different prices. It's also why prices are clearly displayed and require a second stage of confirmation (with the price displayed a second time).

That being said, we are taking your feedback to the team and letting them know the general sentiment regarding this deal! Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

Oh please that’s a load of bull. It is fishy and a bait and switch. This deal has always been 5 bucks for 2 then all of a sudden you double it. It is fishy
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★

The same drop rates, and it’s just more expensive? Really? Think you may of shot yourselves with the is one. Possibly if drop rates where higher I could maybe understand. But the pool isn’t amazing. If anyone have purchased this I would question it. Double the price for the same crystal….. really?

They could have thrown in a couple 30% boosts to make it worth it, lol.
  • Bryce_BAMBryce_BAM Posts: 45
    Vis_101 said:

Feels like an error. You can buy this 3 times for £27 and get x6 nexus crystals, but the bundle is £26 and you only get x5 cavalier crystals.

Right? The fact that they offer side-by-side a pack for $30 USD with 5 cav crystals, or $30 for 6 nexus cav crystals? The sweetener for the 5 cav pack is supposed to be a few boosts that keep expiring in my stash and 30,000 basic ISO? Hard pass.

It would be even funnier if the nexus Cavs were properly priced, making it $30 for 5 cavs vs $15 for 6 nexus cavs.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I’m just having a hard time understanding what it is about this pool that led the game team to decide this was the time to test increased prices. The pool is moderately better than usual if you don’t already have any of the top options in it, but all of these nexus deals have some top options. The drop rates are identical, so even if you’re lucky enough to pull a good champion, you still have terrible odds of getting them at a useful rarity. I just don’t see what’s special about this.

I appreciate the clarification that this was an intentional decision by the game team, but I’d love to know what their reasoning was on it. Because at least to me, it doesn’t matter how good the crystal pool is if the drop rates are still what they are today. The current drop rates are worth $5 USD for 2 nexus crystals.

This^^^^. Well said.

Clarification is 100% appreciated! However, i'm out on the crystals as well!