New back to school crystals bugged?

124»

Comments

• SaiwaSaiwa Member Posts: 5
    Yes kabam Jax, you're right the price is clearly exposed, but so much including me they thought of an increase in percentages! Sin kabam chance lost
  • WarlockjrWarlockjr Member Posts: 809 ★★★
    do not buy it guys I bought it and the best thing I got was a 5* thor
  • Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Member Posts: 207
    Warlockjr said:

5 bucks a crystal is rediculos

You're not wrong and yet regular (non-nexus) cav crystals cost the equivalent of $10 each, and people buy those in droves.
  • Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Member Posts: 207
    Gmonkey said:

JSourp said:

Warlockjr said:

5 bucks a crystal is rediculos

You're not wrong and yet regular (non-nexus) cav crystals cost the equivalent of $10 each, and people buy those in droves.
    Only for prestige.
    Doom (#3 in prestige), Omega Sentinel (#5 in prestige) and Hercules (#7 in prestige) are in this inflated 'back to school' crystal, with your logic that makes this a steal at $5 per crystal then, no?
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Member Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Kbugii said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,
    Just taking a moment to address this.

There isn't anything fishy afoot, here; this price was intentional. Different deals have different prices. It's also why prices are clearly displayed and require a second stage of confirmation (with the price displayed a second time).

That being said, we are taking your feedback to the team and letting them know the general sentiment regarding this deal! Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

Jax, this is where your company continues to lose consumers and I personally do not want to see that happen. I’ve played this for too long to want that.
    We all understand different deals, different prices but let’s all be honest. This isn’t a different deal. We’ve seen 2 cavalier nexus before, in fact a lot these last few months. Nothing is different with these except the champion pool. Drop rates are still the same and you can still get 3 and 4 stars.
    Your company set the standard for 5$ for 2 cav nexus. That’s part of why the community is upset at this. We expect consistency not trying to milk something that we all know what’s going on. The community isn’t dumb and what we ask is you don’t treat us that way.
    When I go to Walmart and see a price is changed or a price I don't like, I don't buy it. So don't buy these deals. Not buying it is the loudest feedback you can give. No one's going to quit the game because of a $10 crystal pack.
    That’s utter nonsense. It presupposes that there’s only one way to give feedback, and judging by the sheer number of posts on this thread, apparently the community as a whole has some takes on this.

Furthermore, the advice that if you don’t like it, “don’t buy it” / “don’t play it” is a defeatist mindset to accept less and less from this game. There were valid criticisms of the legendary “celebration” - the Halls of (whatever) haven’t been updated to be worthwhile, the crystal rewards were insignificant, the arena investment required was disproportionate to the payoff for most.

These types of things should be shared here because they’re valid concerns that can hopefully produce more player-friendly decisions in the future. It shouldn’t just be measured by internal data of who’s doing what.

Frankly, the game hasn’t exactly been on a win streak lately. Botched SWitch/QS synergy. Another bugged war season. No gifting of gifting crystals. This. The legendary celebration. Hopefully everything dropping next month will turn it around.
    Agreed with this sentiment^

September definitely looks promising all around
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Member Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

Kbugii said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

There isn't anything fishy afoot, here; this price was intentional. Different deals have different prices. It's also why prices are clearly displayed and require a second stage of confirmation (with the price displayed a second time).

That being said, we are taking your feedback to the team and letting them know the general sentiment regarding this deal! Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

Jax, this is where your company continues to lose consumers and I personally do not want to see that happen. I’ve played this for too long to want that.
    We all understand different deals, different prices but let’s all be honest. This isn’t a different deal. We’ve seen 2 cavalier nexus before, in fact a lot these last few months. Nothing is different with these except the champion pool. Drop rates are still the same and you can still get 3 and 4 stars.
    Your company set the standard for 5$ for 2 cav nexus. That’s part of why the community is upset at this. We expect consistency not trying to milk something that we all know what’s going on. The community isn’t dumb and what we ask is you don’t treat us that way.
    When I go to Walmart and see a price is changed or a price I don't like, I don't buy it. So don't buy these deals. Not buying it is the loudest feedback you can give. No one's going to quit the game because of a $10 crystal pack.
    ^^^^
  • FuskieFuskie Member Posts: 110
    As much as I don't like the price hike people still spend $10 a piece for featured cav crystals all the time. I just won't be purchasing this "deal". My biggest concern was the wording of what you were buying on the purchase screen where it said I was buying a Back to School "Mythic Pack" but there was no Mythic Crystal included in this. It would be like me going to buy a Chevy Cobalt and when I sign the papers it says I'm buying a Porsche 911 that's just not true. And before people say they can call the bundles whatever they want that's true they can in a sense. But everyone who plays this game knows what a "Mythic" Crystal is and it's not a Cav Nexus. You don't get Mythic shards to trade them in for Cav Nexus crystals right? So that's what has frustrated me the most is when I look at my Google receipt it says what I bought but that's not what I got in that sense. To me it's done and over and on to the next I just hope they double check their wording next time lol!
  • KbugiiKbugii Member Posts: 167 ★★

Kbugii said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

Sorry I have to disagree. I was a store manager for them for 15 years. Never once did I take notice of people not buying something because of the price increase. The loudest feedback was always those that took the time to voice their situation good or bad. And that feedback was always heard all the way up the chain.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,743 ★★★★★
    Kbugii said:

Kbugii said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

Sorry I have to disagree. I was a store manager for them for 15 years. Never once did I take notice of people not buying something because of the price increase. The loudest feedback was always those that took the time to voice their situation good or bad. And that feedback was always heard all the way up the chain.

You didn't as a store manager but your buying team does. You don't choose what the store sells. Ever wonder why your clearance aisles get filled with the same item you have dozens of? Because no ones buying them so Walmart marks them down to get rid of inventory.

I work for a retail company as well and this is exactly how it's done. Store managers rarely know about product lineups other than when new stuff comes and old stuff goes. So you may not hear that feedback but slow sales volumes on products speaks loudly to the people responsible for making the buying choices.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,743 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Kbugii said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

Not buying it is the best feedback. But…unlike most Wal-Mart purchases, it isn’t uncommon for players to have their phone purchases done via one-tap or touch pay.

While that should make people more cautious with everything they purchase via phone, it likely works in the opposite direction by feeding impulsive purchasing as well.

Sophisticated companies know this. Easing transactions via touch pay or auto pay is often sold as a convenience to the purchaser, when it almost always provides at least an equal amount of convenience to the seller. Reducing barriers to physical payment is a doubled-edged sword. Ironically, people are often surprised that “making it easier to pay” equates to “making it easier to spend.”

With that said, I don’t think this was a “gotcha” offer. Given the mislabeling of it as a “mystic” package in some screens, there’s probably an error in there somewhere—either in the labeling or the pricing. People who bought it instinctively should have looked more closely, yes—but their failing to realize the price changed is understandable as well.

Dr. Zola
    I agree 100% and, just to be clear, I never said not buying was the only way to communicate but it's generally the most powerful way to make it known something is not a good deal.
  • KbugiiKbugii Member Posts: 167 ★★

They want feedback, let's give them feedback by not buying the making me angry crystals today

Will never happen. The community hasn’t fully supported something together since 12.0