**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is it time we stopped having our AQ champions “locked in”

KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
edited September 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
I think it’s well established that most players find AQ a laborious chore. To make it go that little bit quicker players will bring their top tier champions and try blaze through the fights but the mechanic of locking them into AQ and stunting any progression elsewhere for 5 days seems totally outdated. Should this mechanic be removed in the next QoL updates?

Is it time we stopped having our AQ champions “locked in” 24 votes

Yes
50%
heruheru511GarloKiptonadeRickGrimes_King73Moosetiptronic_Sham_Trenzalore0casual0Noise72SanDiegoFontainePowerOfACandleFrozenLogan 12 votes
No
50%
BitterSteelThereticAckbar67AmaadAkiraIKONSnakepSuros_moonlaserjohn26o_oBen_15455DrauglinCyrillFromTula 12 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    No
    You don’t have to stunt progression for 5 days. Once your alliance finishes AQ you can use the champions in a quest.

If you were exploring act 7 for example, you could finish AQ and then do one path a day during AQ series. More if you wanted to use energy refills. And that’s assuming the 3 champions you have in AQ are absolutely necessary to be able to do *any* content pushing at all.

You can equally use other champions that aren’t in AQ, or do paths for which you have other options. So if your Hercules, Doom and Kingpin is in AQ, why not try the tech path in a quest? Or the one that needs a class advantage from mutant, science and tech champions. Or the one that needs an evade counter.

AQ does feel like a necessary evil, but it also encourages Roster depth. You can’t just use the same 3 champions for everything. You need to rank some for here, some for there.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I have 30 champs at 6r3. I run AQ with 5-stars. Corvus and Herc can’t die and they don’t get the act 7 boost so I don’t miss them. If there’s a path that requires their participation, I’ll do it when AQ is down. 19 regular paths, 5 GwMaster and 5 7.3 Kang fights to go…