**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How did this get past testing? AW bug

ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
edited September 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
I'm just wondering how something like this can be allowed to get past testing. Remember when we got the patch that fixed the global? Well guess what? Not a great fix! It still doesn't work. Thanks for killing me in war twice when I use my special attack

I'm just flabbergasted that a bug this serious can get past testing and get put into what's supposed to be the most serious and competitive mode in the game

Please fix this.
This is probably the worst season of Alliance War ever, and it just keeps getting worse

This happened twice BTW (:

https://youtu.be/FZU-BxVDWOg
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Your surprised about a bug in this game? You new?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    How many bugs would be acceptable to you?

All games have them.

MCOC is complex and constantly being updated with new champs, nodes, abilities, quests. Bugs are expected.

If you expect this game (or any game) to be bug free, then you are living outside of reality.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax make sure the team know about this please? It would be nice if using a character in WAR didn't crash the game
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax it would be nice to know what causes this bug (aside from conduit and doc having heal block at the same time) and if you're going to do anything about it.

Any response would be awesome :)
    @Kabam Zibiit ?? Any response?
    Please?
    I know why it crashes

Doc ocs heal block (when he is dupped) works by letting them regen, and doing red damage equal to the regen automatically.
    Conduit is trying to heal back from the red damage which is creating a loop.
    That's what causes the crash. The game can't do the math fast enough so it just freezes.

Tell your programmers to either make the red damage from doc ocs heal block an exception for the conduit regen, or put a cap on how many times it can trigger the regen in a second

Either way the problem is with your node. You let it loop. That's the first thing you're supposed to look out for when programing. This should not have gotten past testing. Use doc oc once and you would have found the issue

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Jax please make sure this information gets passed to someone in charge of programing. Please. I'm trying to help. I've told you why the bug happened, so PLEASE go and have someone fix it
  • that is insane. Ive never seen this before
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    The assumption of testing... come on. As for the poster saying all games have bugs, get over it....

Real money equates real solutions. If you can't be bothered to fix things, then don't offer products that don't work as intended.

Full stop.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    My question is how exactly would you like them to test for this exact scenario? This is one of those one in a million type situations. It's unfortunate you found the bug but I don't think it's something they could plan to test.
    SCP1504 said:

My question is how exactly would you like them to test for this exact scenario? This is one of those one in a million type situations. It's unfortunate you found the bug but I don't think it's something they could plan to test.

War is a very sensitive game mode, not only because any change can affect it in a wierd way but also because stuff like this sucks for the player and the alliance they're in, the devs and mods know this.

Far be it from me to tell them how to do thier jobs but you would expect that after many testing issues they would have more extensive testing maybe, i mean the switch issue was literally tap tap sp2 and it still got released.

But yea bugs happen and the developer just needs to react i guess
    I get what you're saying but so far, it seems like this one interaction caused the game to freeze. So far, OP hasn't posted any other interactions that have caused the game to crash or freeze. So how would you have liked the Devs to find this exact interaction?

Not to mention, OP's device isn't listed which is another variable that isn't accounted for in this post. Obviously tested should happen but there really isn't a way someone can say this exact scenario should have been found during testing.
    SCP1504 said:

SCP1504 said:

War is a very sensitive game mode, not only because any change can affect it in a wierd way but also because stuff like this sucks for the player and the alliance they're in, the devs and mods know this.

Far be it from me to tell them how to do thier jobs but you would expect that after many testing issues they would have more extensive testing maybe, i mean the switch issue was literally tap tap sp2 and it still got released.

I get what you're saying but so far, it seems like this one interaction caused the game to freeze. So far, OP hasn't posted any other interactions that have caused the game to crash or freeze. So how would you have liked the Devs to find this exact interaction?

Not to mention, OP's device isn't listed which is another variable that isn't accounted for in this post. Obviously tested should happen but there really isn't a way someone can say this exact scenario should have been found during testing.
    I honestly don't care if they have to use every single heal block champ out there to test this, they have all the time in the world to push out a complete working product, again i must mention that this feeling comes after a year of control issues -not 100%resolved btw- followed by a numerous amount of bugs every single month to the degree that you download the update and expect bugs
    Whereas under normal circumstances the community would be forgiving of 1, 2 bugs every once in a while

Sorry for the rant but im not talking exclusively about this issue but the amount of bugs indicates that the testing process itself is not very good and dealing with this as an isolated case will not highlight that.

It's really not. Bugs are going to happen regardless of testing. Go ahead and look up Madden '23. Infinitely more money and bigger studio and they still can't get it right.

But I understand, I'm your eyes, testing should catch everything.
    SCP1504 said:

SCP1504 said:

SCP1504 said:

I honestly don't care if they have to use every single heal block champ out there to test this, they have all the time in the world to push out a complete working product, again i must mention that this feeling comes after a year of control issues -not 100%resolved btw- followed by a numerous amount of bugs every single month to the degree that you download the update and expect bugs
    Whereas under normal circumstances the community would be forgiving of 1, 2 bugs every once in a while

Sorry for the rant but im not talking exclusively about this issue but the amount of bugs indicates that the testing process itself is not very good and dealing with this as an isolated case will not highlight that.

It's really not. Bugs are going to happen regardless of testing. Go ahead and look up Madden '23. Infinitely more money and bigger studio and they still can't get it right.

Absolutely not my point, just saying that when you mess up at work you get your head in the game and do your best to not mess up again

So please don't condescend to me, i am aware that it is unreasonable to expect 0 bugs
    But what can i do when i get served 2 to 5 per update?

The least the mods could have done was acknowledge that the issue has been flagged to the team, The op even seems to have done the investigation himself
    Again, tell me how they would have known to test Doc Oc against Hyperion in whatever tier war that is on whatever particular node that is? You seem to know what should and shouldn't happen with bugs in the game, so what's the process?
  • DarthMysticDarthMystic Posts: 55
    We've all seen where Kabam Mike has said the amount of "testing" done by the users dwarfs what they are able to do in QA. Perhaps if the developers and community managers could agree to insure a full two weeks of a new defense and attack tactic being live and functioning in off season war rather than push it in last second some of these interactions would get caught. If the user base is to be used as beta testers then allow for us to actually beta test in the allotted two off season weeks rather than throw the new tactics in last minute.

SCP1504 said:

SCP1504 said:

SCP1504 said:

Absolutely not my point, just saying that when you mess up at work you get your head in the game and do your best to not mess up again

So please don't condescend to me, i am aware that it is unreasonable to expect 0 bugs

The least the mods could have done was acknowledge that the issue has been flagged to the team, The op even seems to have done the investigation himself
    Again, tell me how they would have known to test Doc Oc against Hyperion in whatever tier war that is on whatever particular node that is? You seem to know what should and shouldn't happen with bugs in the game, so what's the process?
    Shouldn't they have tested any champ that affects regen in any way if they were implementing a node or mod that deals with regen in any way? Aside from it not being that many champs, it wouldn't even take as many matches as a normal grinder pumps out in a 3 day arena.
    Possibly but this happened against Hyperion after doing a certain combo. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. But again, what's does the video prove other than the game froze. As far as I can tell, OP is the only one that's experienced it. So is it conduit, their phone or just the game?

SCP1504 said:

SCP1504 said:

SCP1504 said:

Shouldn't they have tested any champ that affects regen in any way if they were implementing a node or mod that deals with regen in any way? Aside from it not being that many champs, it wouldn't even take as many matches as a normal grinder pumps out in a 3 day arena.
    Possibly but this happened against Hyperion after doing a certain combo. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. But again, what's does the video prove other than the game froze. As far as I can tell, OP is the only one that's experienced it. So is it conduit, their phone or just the game?
    That's true, and at least posting on here op has sort of put it where the game team can find it to test as well.
    Exactly.