**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Corvus isn't marked as a #Villain?

I wanted to do the variabt where in the first quest on the path with Yondu, non villains attackers get affected by Black ISO but Villains don't i wanted to play it with Corvus but he isn't a #Villain.
Just wondering why isn't he marked with Villain

Comments

• Mackey said:

I think it was to do with Blade countering villain champions so well that they labelled him (and maw, cull, proxima) as children of thanos to stop blade being too OP
    .. I could be wrong but that's.my understanding of it

maybe... but its really annoying,especially since i don't have any good villains.
    Eh it is what it is
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    So, he doesn't have that tag, because he isn't a Villain

That's pretty much it. Simple as that.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022

Mackey said:

I think it was to do with Blade countering villain champions so well that they labelled him (and maw, cull, proxima) as children of thanos to stop blade being too OP
    .. I could be wrong but that's.my understanding of it

maybe... but its really annoying,especially since i don't have any good villains.
    Eh it is what it is
    Yeah I feel that, I had the same issue when trying to explore that variant haha you'll get the champs needed (if you haven't already)
  • TheTrueBeast10TheTrueBeast10 Posts: 112 ★★
    Jaded said:

Did you not watch Infinity War and Endgame? Pretty sure Thanos and his henchmen weren't handing out flowers and hugs in it
    But from thanos’s perspective the avengers were the bad guys. He was doing what he thought would save the universe. He thinks he’s the good guy in the movie.
    Pretty such killing a trillion people is objectively bad. He knew it was bad but thought it was the better than the alternative. Still a villain and he knew it
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Did you not watch Infinity War and Endgame? Pretty sure Thanos and his henchmen weren't handing out flowers and hugs in it
    You're talking about a movie. This is a game.

They are not the same. In here, Corvus simply isn't a villain.
    Yes, and in the game he isn't a villain because he doesn't have the tag, not vice versa.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

I wanted to do the variabt where in the first quest on the path with Yondu, non villains attackers get affected by Black ISO but Villains don't i wanted to play it with Corvus but he isn't a #Villain.

Hey is not really a villain.. he is more of a henchman...
    edited September 2022
    Coppin said:

Hey is not really a villain.. he is more of a henchman...
    They aren't mutually exclusive. Villain bosses can have villain henchmen lol
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    Just remember that regardless of anything that's said in this thread, Marvel approved. So whether you think it's because of blade or his intentions in the movie or anything else, this was signed off from Marvel and the agreed, he's not a villain.

Jaded said:

But from thanos’s perspective the avengers were the bad guys. He was doing what he thought would save the universe. He thinks he’s the good guy in the movie.
    Lots of Villains think they are doing the right thing. It doesn't stop them from being Villains. Hitler thought that his war was beneficial for survival of the fittest and the advancement of the human race. Magneto had similar ideas regarding Mutants.
    I'm surprised it took this long for someone to agree. Even if they think they're justified, they're still villains. He's like the literal definition of a villain and people are trying to argue it. I guess that's the internet for ya
    Technically he was forced to by Thanos.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

No, he is a villain. Aarkus is also a dimensional being, and Galan is actually XL. Corvus isn't a #Villain because of Blade at the time. Aarkus isn't a #Dimensional Being because of Blade at the time, and Galan isn't #XL because Kabam and certain nodes. Telling OP that they were trying to stop Blade from mashing all content is helpful for answering his question. Saying that he isn't a #Villain because he doesn't have the tag is true, but useless. Your answer, that he doesn't have the tag because he isn't a Villain is objectively false.
    Nop, it's the truth. OP is taking information based from outside sources to make it's arguments, which ends up making it a not solid argument.

All you need to do is to disregard everything about that, or just don't have any information on that at all. See every champion as a blank model, blank name. Abilities make the champion, not vice-versa
  • So, he doesn't have that tag, because he isn't a Villain

No, he is a villain. Aarkus is also a dimensional being, and Galan is actually XL. Corvus isn't a #Villain because of Blade at the time. Aarkus isn't a #Dimensional Being because of Blade at the time, and Galan isn't #XL because Kabam and certain nodes. Telling OP that they were trying to stop Blade from mashing all content is helpful for answering his question. Saying that he isn't a #Villain because he doesn't have the tag is true, but useless. Your answer, that he doesn't have the tag because he isn't a Villain is objectively false.
    Marvel generally approves champion designs. So the MCOC version of Corvus is not a villain, because Marvel says so, just like Marvel decides the What IF? version of Thanos gathered by the Watcher is not a villain, just because.

You only think he is a villain because you are informed by alternate versions of Corvus. But Marvel gets to decide what the MCOC version of Corvus is, and they decided he isn't a villain. There's no basis to challenge that notion, because he's not the 616 Corvus or the MCU Corvus. He is the MCOC version of Corvus, and the writers and editors of the game, including Kabam's developers and Marvel editorial oversight, have the first, last, and only say in whether the MCOC version of Corvus is a villain, a hero, a Sagittarius, or a vegan bicyclist Doordash delivery person.

DNA3000 said:

Marvel generally approves champion designs. So the MCOC version of Corvus is not a villain, because Marvel says so, just like Marvel decides the What IF? version of Thanos gathered by the Watcher is not a villain, just because.

You only think he is a villain because you are informed by alternate versions of Corvus. But Marvel gets to decide what the MCOC version of Corvus is, and they decided he isn't a villain. There's no basis to challenge that notion, because he's not the 616 Corvus or the MCU Corvus. He is the MCOC version of Corvus, and the writers and editors of the game, including Kabam's developers and Marvel editorial oversight, have the first, last, and only say in whether the MCOC version of Corvus is a villain, a hero, a Sagittarius, or a vegan bicyclist Doordash delivery person.
    That's all well and good, but I think that Marvel is willing to defer to the needs of the game. Can't have everyone who should be #metal getting the tag because Magneto. Aarkus is literally described as a dimensional being but he isn't a #dimensional being. Making the #Thanos's Army category was a convenient way of not tagging villains as villains. I think he is a villain because he is a villain. Being a member of #Thanos's Army makes you not a #villain in the game. It doesn't make you not a villain.
    Marvel is probably one of the strictest companies in terms of protecting the image of their IP. Even though this is a mobile game, they still take everything that this game produces in the highest regard in how it projects their image. Knowing how involved Feige is, I'm almost positive he signed off on it himself. I could see them being a little more free when it comes to MCOCs OG champs and agreeing with the Gabe and the Champ design team but CG is a Marvel comic character, not a MCOC creation.

As DNA said, this version of CG is not a villain because Marvel said so.

DNA3000 said:

That's all well and good, but I think that Marvel is willing to defer to the needs of the game. Can't have everyone who should be #metal getting the tag because Magneto. Aarkus is literally described as a dimensional being but he isn't a #dimensional being. Making the #Thanos's Army category was a convenient way of not tagging villains as villains. I think he is a villain because he is a villain. Being a member of #Thanos's Army makes you not a #villain in the game. It doesn't make you not a villain.
    Marvel is probably one of the strictest companies in terms of protecting the image of their IP. Even though this is a mobile game, they still take everything that this game produces in the highest regard in how it projects their image. Knowing how involved Feige is, I'm almost positive he signed off on it himself. I could see them being a little more free when it comes to MCOCs OG champs and agreeing with the Gabe and the Champ design team but CG is a Marvel comic character, not a MCOC creation.

You think that Blade had zero to do with it? I think that Marvel was fine with #Thanos's Army being an alternative to being a #Villain. We had a movie released which brought a bunch of villains to the game at a time when the game team didn't want to add a bunch of #Villains. We found an alternative which was acceptable to all parties. But the state of the game at the time doesn't really answer the question of whether, in a vacuum, Corvus ought to be a #Villain.

DNA3000 said:

You think that Blade had zero to do with it? I think that Marvel was fine with #Thanos's Army being an alternative to being a #Villain. We had a movie released which brought a bunch of villains to the game at a time when the game team didn't want to add a bunch of #Villains. We found an alternative which was acceptable to all parties. But the state of the game at the time doesn't really answer the question of whether, in a vacuum, Corvus ought to be a #Villain.
    No, I don't think Blade had anything to do with it. It's not like they haven't added villains since then that blade counters. What's 2 more villains going to matter?
  • TheTrueBeast10TheTrueBeast10 Posts: 112 ★★

Because they aren't technically villians they believe they are doing the right thing for the universe by balancing it thanos's army that is

Common man, what villain didn't think they were justified? Even real life villains throughout history thought they were justified. Everyone's a hero in their own story. Doesn't really make them a hero
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    mcoc players when people think tag choice should make sense:
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

...the MCOC version of Corvus is a villain, a hero, a Sagittarius, or a vegan bicyclist Doordash delivery person.
    That had the ring of truth to it; so I've checked and confirmed that the MCOC version of Thanos has the exact same power set as a vegan bicyclist Doordash delivery person 😉