**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mix master node with Korg in AW Season 36

I was using StormX against Korg with the mix master node. After gaining a bar, I hit Korg with a sp1 which applies a coldsnap that last for several seconds. But in this case, the coldsnap lasted less than a second. Was there another node that I missed on this that shorten the lifespan of the coldsnap?

Comments

• Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 634 ★★★
    I believe when awakened, Korg has a percent chance to shrug off debuffs when rock stacks are up
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 634 ★★★
    Ohh yeah, my bad. Mhh, no idea then. Ignore me. The only other thing I can think of is that he had a different prefight on and coldsnap didn't trigger? Anyways, i'll let the experts figure this one out
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 776 ★★★
    I didn't select any of the prefight abilities going into the mix master node with Korg, I never had to before, so this was new seeing the coldsnap icon gone within a second.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    working as intended lol

what i've learned in a variety of scenarios is just to take it and keep on moving. i've had my share of WTH moments in War, AQ and various content and it's just something you have to just take it on the chin.
  • bluewirebluewire Posts: 3
    Maratox said:

I believe when awakened, Korg has a percent chance to shrug off debuffs when rock stacks are up

Storm’s coldsnap is passive though. Can’t be shrugged off
    No. Her Cold Snap is a debuff. Her Slow during the Special is passive.
  • bluewire said:

Maratox said:

Storm’s coldsnap is passive though. Can’t be shrugged off
    No. Her Cold Snap is a debuff. Her Slow during the Special is passive.
    Nope the coldsnap is a passive as well.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I didn't select any of the prefight abilities going into the mix master node with Korg, I never had to before, so this was new seeing the coldsnap icon gone within a second.

This is my only idea that doesn’t involve a bug.

So Storm has her two tempests and when you switch them, it becomes the new default.

The only thing I can think of is that you made the lightening tempest your default one in a previous fight, then when you came to the Korg fight you assumed that ice tempest was active, went into the fight, then you weren’t in ice tempest.

The sp1 inflicts a slow passive for the duration of the special, but only the frostbite passive if you’re in ice tempest. So what you were seeing when the “coldsnap” lasted a second was the slow passive ending at the end of your special.

There’s no way for that Korg to reduce or shrug off passive coldsnap effects. And unless there’s some sort of power drain, Storm’s tempests are always active.

So Storm has her two tempests and when you switch them, it becomes the new default.

The only thing I can think of is that you made the lightening tempest your default one in a previous fight, then when you came to the Korg fight you assumed that ice tempest was active, went into the fight, then you weren’t in ice tempest.

The sp1 inflicts a slow passive for the duration of the special, but only the frostbite passive if you’re in ice tempest. So what you were seeing when the “coldsnap” lasted a second was the slow passive ending at the end of your special.

There’s no way for that Korg to reduce or shrug off passive coldsnap effects. And unless there’s some sort of power drain, Storm’s tempests are always active.
    I don't use Storm X in any previous fight before the mix master node with Korg. So there are no prefights selection going on before the fight.

I don't use Storm X in any previous fight before the mix master node with Korg. So there are no prefights selection going on before the fight.
    I just go into the mix master node with korg without making any prefight selection for Storm X.