**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What is your honest opinion on 7 stars?

13»

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★
    caustic said:

caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

-sixate- said:

I just quit. I slept on it to let it sink in. Told my alliance of 4 years goodbye, left and uninstalled the game. There's no way I can invest the time and cash into a 7* roster. My 6* roster was finally something to feel good about and in 5 months it'll be useless. No thanks, not doing this again. Good luck to those who cantinue. If ascension meant turning your 6* into 7* I'd be cool with it, but that's not happening so I'm out. Kabam will screw up relics and ascension because let's all face it. That what they do. They screw up evrrything new in the game. Bugs persist for months, nothing is done to modders and cheaters. I can go on, but there's no point since this game will have no part in my life anymore.

I'm a little skeptical about someone that says they quit the game and it will have no part in their life, and then signs onto the discussion forum for that game to state that the game will have no part in their life, all the while typing about the game while presumably still alive.
    He was in my alliance and he in fact did quit. You guys can criticize his choice to publicly post that he's leaving all you want, but it just shows you're incapable of understanding any perspective beyond "Kabam does everything correct". The subject of the thread is literally asking people for their honest opinion about 7 stars.

The fact of the matter is there are more people who have unfavorable opinions about this announcement than not. Just look at how that announcement post got ratio'd with dislikes. And this is on a forum completely controlled and often times censored by Kabam mods..

Does the thought of getting a 7* really excite you all that much? One you already have as a 6* version? Then doing it all over again with your 7* version - awakening them, taking them to sig 200, taking them up to rank 3/4/5? Does that really sound fun to you? Not to me and it looks like i'm in the majority.
    He quit because we might get enough shards to open one 7* in March or April. He said his 6* roster is now useless. He brought this on himself. Extremely short sided viewpoint.

Also your comment "a forum completely controlled and often times censored by Kabam mods" made me giggle because you act like we're in control of the forums and the mods aren't supposed to be doing the job they were hired for lol. Comment of the day for sure.
    He didn't quit because he's short sighted. He quit because he's farsighted and can see the long term result will be that 7*s will completely overtake 6*s. You are incapable of understanding that viewpoint, which is why will forever be in this echochamber.

And I did not say 'Demonzfyre completely controls and censors the forums', I actually said the Kabam mods do but for some reason you read that as you? You are taking my post extremely personally for some reason.
    Do you know how long it will take for 7*'s to be the meta of the game? We won't even be able to open any until spring of next year. 6*'s over took 5*'s and 5*'s over took 4*'s. That's what this game is. The difference now is we'll have relics and ascensions for the 6*'s to keep them as the meta for a long while. To quit before ever seeing what will happen is a short sided knee jerk reaction.

As far as the other thing you said this-

"The fact of the matter is there are more people who have unfavorable opinions about this announcement than not. Just look at how that announcement post got ratio'd with dislikes. And this is on a forum completely controlled and often times censored by Kabam mods.."

The MODs are supposed to control and censor/delete comments. That's the purpose of mods. You're asserting that the mods shouldn't be controlling or "censoring" the forums. And in what world does "we're" mean I'm referring to myself?
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,773 ★★★★★
    caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

-sixate- said:

I just quit. I slept on it to let it sink in. Told my alliance of 4 years goodbye, left and uninstalled the game. There's no way I can invest the time and cash into a 7* roster. My 6* roster was finally something to feel good about and in 5 months it'll be useless. No thanks, not doing this again. Good luck to those who cantinue. If ascension meant turning your 6* into 7* I'd be cool with it, but that's not happening so I'm out. Kabam will screw up relics and ascension because let's all face it. That what they do. They screw up evrrything new in the game. Bugs persist for months, nothing is done to modders and cheaters. I can go on, but there's no point since this game will have no part in my life anymore.

I'm a little skeptical about someone that says they quit the game and it will have no part in their life, and then signs onto the discussion forum for that game to state that the game will have no part in their life, all the while typing about the game while presumably still alive.
    He was in my alliance and he in fact did quit. You guys can criticize his choice to publicly post that he's leaving all you want, but it just shows you're incapable of understanding any perspective beyond "Kabam does everything correct". The subject of the thread is literally asking people for their honest opinion about 7 stars.

The fact of the matter is there are more people who have unfavorable opinions about this announcement than not. Just look at how that announcement post got ratio'd with dislikes. And this is on a forum completely controlled and often times censored by Kabam mods..

Does the thought of getting a 7* really excite you all that much? One you already have as a 6* version? Then doing it all over again with your 7* version - awakening them, taking them to sig 200, taking them up to rank 3/4/5? Does that really sound fun to you? Not to me and it looks like i'm in the majority.
    Are you telling me you wouldn't be happy with a 7* apocalypse or doom even if you have the 6* maxed out? Or are you saying you'd be upset with a 7* drax because it's not doom or apocalypse?
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

-sixate- said:

Are you telling me you wouldn't be happy with a 7* apocalypse or doom even if you have the 6* maxed out? Or are you saying you'd be upset with a 7* drax because it's not doom or apocalypse?
    Yes, I’d be upset if I had either. Especially if I just maxed one of them and then pulled that. For me, it’s another rarity collection to start and champs to rank
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

-sixate- said:

Yes, I’d be upset if I had either. Especially if I just maxed one of them and then pulled that. For me, it’s another rarity collection to start and champs to rank
    Which would be different than how the game has operated how?
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

-sixate- said:

Which would be different than how the game has operated how?
    There’s been more champs added which means more champs to get into that new rarity once they start being more readily available. I was hoping the game would operate differently when it comes to this and it would more involve an ascension program into a new rarity or something, but not both at the same time. Just because that’s how the game has worked doesn’t mean it needs to. Just because I’ve been trying to collect the champs in the previous rarities doesn’t mean I want to do it all over again.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

-sixate- said:

1. I said I was skeptical about someone who says the game plays no role in their life while discussing said game. I did not say I was skeptical he quit. People rage quit all the time. A lot of them eventually come back. Others don't. This is not something I'm particularly skeptical about one way or the other.

2. Criticizing his choice of complaining about a game he claims to no longer care about doesn't show I'm incapable of undedrstanding any perspective beyond "Kabam does everything correct." I've criticized Kabam many times when I think they've gotten something wrong. I've made many suggestions on how to improve the game, some of which are actually currently in the game. Your problem, and it is your problem, is not that I think Kabam is always right, it is that you think anyone who disagrees with a player is on the wrong side. But as I've repeatedly stated, I'm not on their side, I'm not on your side, I'm on my side. My side advocates for a better game, and it discusses the game objectively. And I don't care how many people think that makes me a stooge. If you can't do any better than that, that's nothing at all.

The fact that you're provably wrong here suggests it isn't me that has a problem understanding the perspectives of other people.

4. If you think the ratio of dislikes is an accurate measure of what the majority of people think, good luck with that.

4. Even if you are in the majority, that's completely irrelevant. The majority of people want things to be free. The majority of players don't want to die in content. The majority of players don't want gates. They don't want content more difficult than they can do. They don't want it to be hard to get their favorite champ. The majority of players don't like to lose.

But this is a game. You don't get to have everything you want. If what you want is a sandbox, there are sandboxes out there. Play one of them. This game is a progressional game, and progress is not going to stop and wait for your permission to continue. Me personally, do I like starting over? Actually, yes and no. The part of me that worked hard to get where I am now is not happy about having to start over. But the part of me that started playing this game in the first place because there were things to do and things to find and things to get and things to conquer, that part is happy to have all new horizons.

I did my best when it was just three stars and four stars, but I was at best in the middle of the pack. I did much better when it was four stars and five stars in play, and I got much better at catching up to at least the higher end of the game. Now that it is five stars and six stars, I have a pretty solid roster and while I've semi-retired from the alliance rat race, I'm still right there in terms of the non-alliance content. What's it going to look like when the 7* saloon doors swing open? I have no idea, but I play the game to find out.

That's what the game is. That's what it always has been. That's what it will always be. It isn't just seven stars that are inevitable. Eight stars are also inevitable. Nine stars are also inevitable. The clock has already started ticking down towards them both, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. You can change many of the things the game does, but you can't change what the game is. It is a progressional game. And the progressional ladder was decided long ago. Seven stars don't change the game. They've always been there, waiting for us to catch up to them.

I play the game for what it is. I'm all for making it a better version of what it is, but if someone wants a completely different game, they should find that game, not try to change this one into something completely different.
    1. You are skeptical about someone you know nothing about, who voices their opinion on a forum asking for their honest opinion. Now I'm skeptical.
    2. I think everyone who disagrees with me is wrong? You really just jump to conclusions. I thought you had a point here, but it just sounded like self promotion.
    3. You don't believe ratio of dislikes is not an accurate measurement of what people think, but you've done nothing to explain why.
    4. Majority is definitely relevant. It's how we pick summoner choice champs, how we get suggestions from the community and how we make positive changes happen when Kabam makes bad choices. You said a lot of stuff here, mostly irrelevant and because I think you tried to sound inspiring and you lack conciseness, but what I gathered is you would rather throw the baby out with the bath water.
    It wouldn't be Friday on the internet without a "I know you are but what am I" post. Now all I need is a massively ironic post to scratch Bingo and move on to cocktails.
    I'm just glad you didn't post another word salad.
    Don't use terms you don't understand. Doesn't really help your cause among the people who do actually understand.

Incidentally, as far as I'm aware the first person to use the term on the official forums was me. It was not in common use before then, as it is an old USENET term that has mostly fallen out of favor these days, although you do see it pop up from time to time. Older people know it, but not a lot of people use it. In fact, I would give odds you don't know what it actually means and will come back here with the first definition you find on Google, which will be inconsistent with how you're trying to use it here.

Pro-tip: don't post a point for point rebuttal of a post, then accuse it of being word salad.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★
    caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

-sixate- said:

1. I said I was skeptical about someone who says the game plays no role in their life while discussing said game. I did not say I was skeptical he quit. People rage quit all the time. A lot of them eventually come back. Others don't. This is not something I'm particularly skeptical about one way or the other.

2. Criticizing his choice of complaining about a game he claims to no longer care about doesn't show I'm incapable of undedrstanding any perspective beyond "Kabam does everything correct." I've criticized Kabam many times when I think they've gotten something wrong. I've made many suggestions on how to improve the game, some of which are actually currently in the game. Your problem, and it is your problem, is not that I think Kabam is always right, it is that you think anyone who disagrees with a player is on the wrong side. But as I've repeatedly stated, I'm not on their side, I'm not on your side, I'm on my side. My side advocates for a better game, and it discusses the game objectively. And I don't care how many people think that makes me a stooge. If you can't do any better than that, that's nothing at all.

The fact that you're provably wrong here suggests it isn't me that has a problem understanding the perspectives of other people.

4. If you think the ratio of dislikes is an accurate measure of what the majority of people think, good luck with that.

4. Even if you are in the majority, that's completely irrelevant. The majority of people want things to be free. The majority of players don't want to die in content. The majority of players don't want gates. They don't want content more difficult than they can do. They don't want it to be hard to get their favorite champ. The majority of players don't like to lose.

But this is a game. You don't get to have everything you want. If what you want is a sandbox, there are sandboxes out there. Play one of them. This game is a progressional game, and progress is not going to stop and wait for your permission to continue. Me personally, do I like starting over? Actually, yes and no. The part of me that worked hard to get where I am now is not happy about having to start over. But the part of me that started playing this game in the first place because there were things to do and things to find and things to get and things to conquer, that part is happy to have all new horizons.

I did my best when it was just three stars and four stars, but I was at best in the middle of the pack. I did much better when it was four stars and five stars in play, and I got much better at catching up to at least the higher end of the game. Now that it is five stars and six stars, I have a pretty solid roster and while I've semi-retired from the alliance rat race, I'm still right there in terms of the non-alliance content. What's it going to look like when the 7* saloon doors swing open? I have no idea, but I play the game to find out.

That's what the game is. That's what it always has been. That's what it will always be. It isn't just seven stars that are inevitable. Eight stars are also inevitable. Nine stars are also inevitable. The clock has already started ticking down towards them both, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. You can change many of the things the game does, but you can't change what the game is. It is a progressional game. And the progressional ladder was decided long ago. Seven stars don't change the game. They've always been there, waiting for us to catch up to them.

I play the game for what it is. I'm all for making it a better version of what it is, but if someone wants a completely different game, they should find that game, not try to change this one into something completely different.
    1. You are skeptical about someone you know nothing about, who voices their opinion on a forum asking for their honest opinion. Now I'm skeptical.
    2. I think everyone who disagrees with me is wrong? You really just jump to conclusions. I thought you had a point here, but it just sounded like self promotion.
    3. You don't believe ratio of dislikes is not an accurate measurement of what people think, but you've done nothing to explain why.
    4. Majority is definitely relevant. It's how we pick summoner choice champs, how we get suggestions from the community and how we make positive changes happen when Kabam makes bad choices. You said a lot of stuff here, mostly irrelevant and because I think you tried to sound inspiring and you lack conciseness, but what I gathered is you would rather throw the baby out with the bath water.
    It wouldn't be Friday on the internet without a "I know you are but what am I" post. Now all I need is a massively ironic post to scratch Bingo and move on to cocktails.
    Don't use terms you don't understand. Doesn't really help your cause among the people who do actually understand.

Incidentally, as far as I'm aware the first person to use the term on the official forums was me. It was not in common use before then, as it is an old USENET term that has mostly fallen out of favor these days, although you do see it pop up from time to time. Older people know it, but not a lot of people use it. In fact, I would give odds you don't know what it actually means and will come back here with the first definition you find on Google, which will be inconsistent with how you're trying to use it here.

Pro-tip: don't post a point for point rebuttal of a post, then accuse it of being word salad.
    You try so hard to sound smart, but it just comes off as insecure.

First person to use a term on the forums? Lol This is hilarious. All you got is this place I guess. 🙂
    You know you lost the battle when you start replying like this. You got in over your head, couldn't handle DNAs response and now you're bailing by lobbing insults.
  • Options
    caustic said:

caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

-sixate- said:

You try so hard to sound smart, but it just comes off as insecure.

First person to use a term on the forums? Lol This is hilarious. All you got is this place I guess. 🙂
    You know you lost the battle when you start replying like this. You got in over your head, couldn't handle DNAs response and now you're bailing by lobbing insults.
    An endorsement from you means I won. Don’t think anyone ever wants to be on the side where you’re agreeing with them. 🙂
    I don’t think that’s what that means. This whole mini argument at this point is derailing the actual conversation
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 370 ★★★
    The game has to progress further and grow, or it dies...it's the natural order of things...7*s are the future of the game...for now...