**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

TIL that you don't win in BG if you win the fight and the opponent doesn't!

YsFYsF Posts: 151 ★★
I UNDERSTAND that the point system makes sense, but shouldn't winning take priority over not?

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    They played well. Got hit less. You just managed to land a few extra hits is all. Easy rule of thumb, you win by getting more points. Nothing else
  • YsFYsF Posts: 151 ★★
    I have mostly been fairly happy with the point system, but I think that not winning should have some kind of a penalty and should not just be ignored
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    YsF said:

I have mostly been fairly happy with the point system, but I think that not winning should have some kind of a penalty and should not just be ignored

Penalty is the scoring of time. Exactly 0 points awarded for it
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,135 ★★★★
    YsF said:

Yes it's called fight duration bonus points
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    YsF said:

Good news! Kabam added the time bonus for exactly this reason. If you win, you get a bonus of how many seconds you have remaining. If you lose, you get a penalty and you don't get those points at all.
  • YsFYsF Posts: 151 ★★
    I see, I guess I was just a bit bitter due to this being the deciding match.
  • There’s arguments both ways as to what constitutes a ‘better’ fight, but what matters in bg is matching the point scoring metric which is a combination of your health, the opponent’s health and time remaining.

You were faster, but they fought a lot more cleanly than you did, I’d argue they performed better. It’s like a Mayweather bout vs a Wilder bout - someone is going to hit the canvas with Wilder but he’s not going to look good at the end either, Mayweather will violently tickle the opponent for 12 rounds and just look like he’s gone for a run - they’re both victories but it’s a matter of opinion which style is better.

Ultimately what matters in bg is winning which is why people choose defenders with huge health pools or mechanics that slow the fight down.