**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam this issue regarding war must be discussed

I m in a 10 mil ally. For past few wars we are getting matched against 12-13 mil alliances. We are doing 100% exploration as do they. Must still they are winning against us as they have high rated players. Why are we getting punished because of that. It's not our fault of getting match against higher ally.
This gives higher ally unfair advantage. Please discuss about this.

Comments

• Pandorica333Pandorica333 Posts: 64
    We have same issue as 9.5 mil alliance. You have to know when to go for it and when not to. Lose until you meet an alliance worth trying against.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    So what would you like to happen? Be matched up against lower ones so you automatically win?

No, #BringBackDefenderKillPoints or find a way to score skill - see @DNA3000 most recent post in the main AW thread for more info.
  • I’m not in a high enough alliance for this to be an issue but all else being equal losing ONLY because they had a higher rating would be a terrible way to lose.

You’ll never please everyone but options like bringing back defender kills solely as a tie breaker or even total time to clear all 3 BG’s or lowest overall attack time could be deciding factors.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    My alliance has one it’s last 7 wars and at least the last 4 have been against higher rated alliances. I see. I problem if you can still clear the map 100% against a higher rated opponent
  • TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    My alliance has one it’s last 7 wars and at least the last 4 have been against higher rated alliances. I see. I problem if you can still clear the map 100% against a higher rated opponent

If instead of showing off skills that are minimal to explore this map, you would have spent some effort in trying to read OP’s post, you would have read that they too are 100%ing the map. The issue is that when both are 100% the highest rated alliance wins automatically, and in tier1 this happens 99% OF THE TIMES. Try and comprehend the text before answering.
  • I agree with most of this here. I think the player base has been pretty consistent. We want defender kills back. War determines who is more skilled. Now we have these weird mismatches where some alliances are most are going for full diversity where a small amount are placing best defense and maybe holding a BG or 2.

Players getting resources or not getting resources (4 and 5* shards) shouldn’t be determined by a computer generating a matchup where one team will always be higher than another...
  • So what would you like to happen? Be matched up against lower ones so you automatically win?

How about make defender kills count for something. That’s be a nice start
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    yup right now AW comes down to player rating. Everyone know now not to have any double ups. 100% exploration is easy since no penalty for dying. This desperatly needs to be fixed. But everyone reviving = revenue.
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    Defender diversity and no defender kills are the two main things that have broken alliance war.
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    Uno wrote: »
    Would really like if kabam would say something regarding this.

They may reply here, but don't expect anything substantive or promising. It will be one of the standardized copy-and-paste responses like they do with everything else.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Mattylo wrote: »
    no penalty for dying. ... But everyone reviving = revenue.

You hit the key point .... :) hehe$$$

Personally I would like they bring back the defender kills, this will at least solve part of the problems, if not all.
  • Uno wrote: »
    Would really like if kabam would say something regarding this.

I doubt if you would. Because technically speaking, they have said something about this. What they've said, in the context of all of their replies on the subject, is this: don't worry about war being decided by defender rating when both sides 100% the map: we're going to keep making war maps harder until you can't complete 100%. Problem solved.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I can't even play devil's advocate here. The war scoring system is tough. The match making is tough. But gotta take your hits until you get stronger. That's just the name of the game.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    I can't even play devil's advocate here. The war scoring system is tough. The match making is tough. But gotta take your hits until you get stronger. That's just the name of the game.
    Hmmm, I am not sure how that relates. Size is often determined by length of time you been playing a game and doesn't determine skill. Many of these people complaining are much higher tiers, they got there by kicking the **** out of alliances much bigger than them, on skill alone. Now they have to take their hits and get knocked all the way back down because they are smaller or just haven't played as long? Im not buying that nonsense.
  • Defender Kills
  • Not to mention the random war points awarded or deducted for win/loss is just a mess. How are we gonna get pinned against an Alliance with a higher rating, a lower war rate, be put behind the 8-ball if we loose, and get **** for points for winning? Granted we won, but the points awarded do not equate the effort put in. It's taking forever to get back from 1 loss these days. Loose once and loose 100+ war rate points. Win and maybe you get +40. Sometimes only 25. We have to win 3-4 in a row just to break even from one bad war. Advancing to a higher tier is just a joke now. The whole new system is a mess. Matchmaking is a mess. The point system is a mess. Sometimes we get stuck in the wrong difficulty level. Our defenders get jumbled at random from time to time. Alliance War is a complete mess in general.
    Furthermore, in the old system is was not uncommon to see an 11mil alliance in tier 5. Why? Because regardless of their rating or time played they sucked, were complete ass in every aspect, and ultimately didn't deserve to be in the higher tiers. Now, current logic says that same terrible alliance can advance easier against the 9mil alliances who once walked all over them? POOP THAT!
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    R4GE wrote: »
    Hmmm, I am not sure how that relates. Size is often determined by length of time you been playing a game and doesn't determine skill. Many of these people complaining are much higher tiers, they got there by kicking the **** out of alliances much bigger than them, on skill alone. Now they have to take their hits and get knocked all the way back down because they are smaller or just haven't played as long? Im not buying that nonsense.

Yes. Absolutely. That's the way the game is played. Don't buy it??? Leave. Those guys who are higher rated deserve to win under this system. They've either played longer or are more committed to playing a mobile game to get their rating higher.

ALL IS FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR.

Further more, the war system is not just won on the battlefield but in preparation for that war. You don't go into a competition without being prepared. They have played more aqs. More event quests, more arenas. Logged in daily etc. All to get this higher rating than you. So buy in or your going to be left behind.

As an offering to help improve the wars: Defender kills would bring back a great element in scoring. I like this idea.

Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard. For one, I am in those tiers. More importantly, I don't feel a win should be given to me or anyone else just because we played longer. And that goes for any game where players are put together in head to head competition. The competition is not "who played longer", but rather "who's the best".

True but that's not even the point... Because being in a bigger alliance does not mean they played, logged or made more arenas and event quests. So yes, that's absolutely dumb.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I see your points here. They are not invalid. But war points are not scored for defensive kills anymore. So throw that out and focus on building rosters. That's all that can be done. Because the current system is exactly how I described it earlier.

It's been said that some devs hate the war system also. I feel that they will implement some changes to the scoring soon. But if not...
    I see your points here. They are not invalid. But war points are not scored for defensive kills anymore. So throw that out and focus on building rosters. That's all that can be done. Because the current system is exactly how I described it earlier.

It's been said that some devs hate the war system also. I feel that they will implement some changes to the scoring soon. But if not...

Which is the argument coming from everyone. Once defender kills were removed a heavy skill factor was removed and defender rating became a dominating factor, not a tie breaker.
    On the skill aspect there needs to be a penalty for getting KOed when attacking. That will add the skill factor back and hopefully make defender rating a "true" tie breaker.

I don't know about you, but I hate losing by defender rating alone and I hate it just as much when defender rating is why I win. I don't enjoy it on any aspect. When my alliance wins, I want to look at the results and go "damn, we were much better than them." When we lose, its easier to accept the other alliance just outclassed ya and learn from it. That is what made war fun on a competitive scale. Win or lose, defender rating is the worst.