**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should the level cap of 60 be increased?

BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
edited November 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Maybes with a prize of a cool profile pic for reaching level 70, 80, 90 + 100 etc

Should the level cap of 60 be increased? 166 votes

Yes
59% 99 votes
No
18% 30 votes
Don't care
22% 37 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    Yes, when masteries 2.0 arrive.

Unless it has the same fate as Bases... :/
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    I don't need to gain more levels with all that it included back in the day (more mastery points etc), but it would be nice to have something to strive for. When I created an alt account last year, I rediscovered how much fun it was to push toward a new level. I would love to see something similar even for us who've been at lvl 60 for years. It would be a lot of fun to have more "levels" to reach after 60 even if it's just a perpetual 60+ that rewards small amounts of progression-based resources every time you hit a new milestone. Nothing game-breaking, just something fun to strive for over and over again.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    I've been at max level for like 4-5 years now and I totally forget it exists most of the time. It really got replaced by progression level at some point, and retroactively changng it now would be a bit of a slap to people who have clearly progressed past and gotten much more experience than they could ever catch up on.

Would've been nice initially but at this point it's a lost cause.
  • Options
    SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    Since most exp comes from story content, it would actually be something that would hurt people that have cleared all content. People are not likely going to rerun content just for exp at end game levels. This would cause those that have cleared all content to progress slower than those that are not at that level, would be a strange dynamic.
  • Options
    PascalGambitPascalGambit Posts: 47
    For those who are at level 60, if Kabam can find a way to split the initial mastery branches in Offense and Defense so you don't have to waste four points on strength, greater strength, vitality and greater vitality, that would be a great place to start without having to completely restructure masteries. Moreover, I don't think anyone who has progressed beyond beginner level utilises those four masteries so it's an utter waste of four valuable points..
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    An area which has potential if used correctly for the current state of the game.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

For those who are at level 60, if Kabam can find a way to split the initial mastery branches in Offense and Defense so you don't have to waste four points on strength, greater strength, vitality and greater vitality, that would be a great place to start without having to completely restructure masteries. Moreover, I don't think anyone who has progressed beyond beginner level utilises those four masteries so it's an utter waste of four valuable points..

It's a waste of points by design. Keeping willpower open is a waste of points. Keeping MD open is a waste of points. You have to make choices depending on what sort of mastery build you want. I've got full suicides, 3 points in MD and 3 in deep wounds. I'd like to have some points in assassin and more in despair. I could do that if I dropped Mystic D. That's the point.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★

It's a waste of points by design. Keeping willpower open is a waste of points. Keeping MD open is a waste of points. You have to make choices depending on what sort of mastery build you want. I've got full suicides, 3 points in MD and 3 in deep wounds. I'd like to have some points in assassin and more in despair. I could do that if I dropped Mystic D. That's the point.
    I’m going to join in on this point. One of the things I wish the team would employ more of is trade offs—specifically choices and consequences that have meaningful impact for each player.

In a game where spending can get you most if not every champ, it’s nice to force people to choose between alternatives. It’s nice to be unable to get everything.

I hope relics operate that way. I hold out hope 7*’s champ will as well.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,689 ★★★★

@LeNoirFaineant Not trying to change the subject but would be curious to see your build. Mine currently forces to me choose between MD and Deep Wounds when I run suicides assuming I keep Willpower. Would like to see a viable build that includes both.
  • Options
    Rice_riceRice_rice Posts: 22
    Need more energy for better performance😀
  • Options

@Oakenshield It's definitely a compromise but I've used this for awhile now.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,689 ★★★★
    Thanks @LeNoirFaineant much appreciated.

Key differences between our builds is that I’m running 4 (vs 3) in MD, 3 (vs 1) in Glass Cannon, and one (vs 0) in Coagulate.

Will try yours out to see how I like it - thanks again!
  • Options
    I would like it if at level 60 you got rewards for like every 1mil or whatever arbitrary number of xp that is based on your progression level. For example, paragon players get like 3 t5b, 50% t5cc, and 25% of a t6b and t3a. It would be just something nice to get every once in awhile.
  • Options
    SuelGames said:

I dunno man masteries have said “coming soon” for years now
  • Options
    TrapKill66TrapKill66 Posts: 96
    I don't care too much about the level cap, it has to end somewhere, but I have a wee problem with exp boosts for max level accounts, I think they should manifest as something different for max level accounts.
  • Options

SuelGames said:

I dunno man masteries have said “coming soon” for years now
    The game is so much more complicated now. I expect new masteries will cause all sorts of unintended interactions and issues.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Just one more thing for Kabam to maintain? No thanks.
  • Options
    Ben_15455Ben_15455 Posts: 251
    I think they should go to 100 but make it so the amount of exp you need to get to level 100 is the same as 60 right now. They need to add more mastery points as well as add new masterys
  • Options
    PascalGambitPascalGambit Posts: 47
    edited November 2022

Delayed response sorry; had a covid situation in the household - debilitating but nothing serious..

You're missing the gist of my post by a country mile and then some.

The masteries you've highlighted are optional; the one's I mentioned are not. One has to expend those four points to access the parts of the branch you refer to. The fact that it's designed this way doesn't mitigate the point that those four masteries are outdated and pointless vis-a-vis where the game stands today. Furthermore, virtually every aspect of the game is a design decision. However, this doesn't necessarily mean it was the correct decision. Indeed, what was useful in 2015 has via the passage of time become useless today. Ergo, the changes to various facets of the game to keep it relevant.

Conversely, I gather masteries are due for a root and branch overhaul in any case. It's long overdue and I'm eager to see the outcome. Hopefully we'll have a more engaging and functional system, which assists gameplay rather than hindering it..