Options

Alliance war Season and Kicking problems

There are a lot of problems with On Season kicking and i want to discuss this problem with no only the players but kabam as well,I hope both acknowledge the fact that kicking on war season is wrong and should Be prevented

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,643 ★★★★★
    No one should be kicked prior to season rewards but I don't know that anything can reasonably be done about it.
  • Options
    RobobotRobobot Posts: 7
    Tbh i feel for a fist that it honestly shouldn't exist, When kicking on war season is like hiring someone when the job is most efficient and then firing that person for no apparent reason
  • Options
    LemonloafLemonloaf Posts: 117
    It literally just happened to me and now I didn't get any season rewards so yeah it sucks
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    Robobot said:

Tbh i feel for a fist that it honestly shouldn't exist, When kicking on war season is like hiring someone when the job is most efficient and then firing that person for no apparent reason

Although I'm sure there are a few rare exceptions to my upcoming response but for the most part my response is based on about 7 years of playing the game (to include several years of playing at very competitive levels and several years at more casual levels).

I have rarely, I mean very rarely ever seen an alliance member get kicked out of an alliance right before rewards for no reason. In fact, I can't think of even one example in multiple years and dozens of alliances. I myself had been kicked pre season rewards a couple of times years ago, but in hindsight (didn't agree at the time), I deserved it.

Some alliances will tolerate sloppy aw play, not logging in, not meeting other alliance requirements at times, especially towards the end of a season when it's near impossible to find decent replacement players. However, just because they let you finish the season doesn't mean you deserve the rewards.

Maybe you constantly break alliance rules, aren't very active, die constantly in aw, don't follow assigned aw and aq lanes or just have a really bad and toxic attitude. Some people think that just because they logged in then they deserve rewards, but if an alliance feels you didn't properly contribute or even hurt the alliance (based on not following directions or just a really toxic alliance personality) then that is when this issue is most likely to happen.

One thing I've learned over the years is if I plan on leaving an alliance or if it's close to end of aw season, just bite the lip and do what's being asked. 99.9% of the time they aren't going to take away your aw rewards if your not going against the grain, but if you do, especially at bad timing of near aw season ends, they may do it out of spite or to send a message to other members.
  • Options
    ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 212 ★★★
    I think a good solution would be implement a window.

Like a 24-48 hour window on a kick. But if you join another alliance you forfit that window. Where your still attached to the rewards. This prevents you doing a full season just to be booted because of politics.
  • Options
    Lemonloaf said:

It literally just happened to me and now I didn't get any season rewards so yeah it sucks

You realize if you did at least 5 rewards, you can just submit a ticket to support and they'll get you your rewards.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,971 ★★★★★
    If you participate in more than half of the wars for the season, you should be assured the rewards whether you’re in or not. It prevents double dipping (5 wars with one group, 5 with another) and guards against summoners missing out. The logistics of executing this? I have no idea.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,643 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    ChiefGoat said:

I kicked a couple dead weight players during this last season for bringing the wrong champs to clear a line. They pick a biohazard line and none of their champs are immune when they have immune champs to use. Then they die 3 times to the first defender, revive and die 3 more times to the next defender. And they did it in a couple wars after talking to them about it. And then we lose those wars by a couple of deaths. They shouldn’t be kicked? Screw that!

Yes, they should be kicked. But if you let them make it through the final war, they shouldn't be kicked before rewards come out regardless of how bad they were. Either kick them sooner or kick them after rewards drop.

Edit: @ChiefGoat! How's it going brother? I just noticed your name after I posted. Your account looks amazing. Hope you and the rest of SMASH are well.
  • Options

Robobot said:

There are a lot of problems with On Season kicking and i want to discuss this problem with no only the players but kabam as well,I hope both acknowledge the fact that kicking on war season is wrong and should Be prevented

So if 2 or 3 members don't log in for a few days, meaning the squad is put at risk of war defeats, they shouldn't be kicked?
    What about those who don't participate in war, when the alliance info says to participate. Should they not be kicked either?
    Ridiculous
    No What I meant to say is the fact that if someone is doing well and they miss one thing at least warn them or let them get rewards before you kick one of the biggest cancers is to get kicked without warning before rewards.
  • Options

Robobot said:

Although I'm sure there are a few rare exceptions to my upcoming response but for the most part my response is based on about 7 years of playing the game (to include several years of playing at very competitive levels and several years at more casual levels).

I have rarely, I mean very rarely ever seen an alliance member get kicked out of an alliance right before rewards for no reason. In fact, I can't think of even one example in multiple years and dozens of alliances. I myself had been kicked pre season rewards a couple of times years ago, but in hindsight (didn't agree at the time), I deserved it.

Some alliances will tolerate sloppy aw play, not logging in, not meeting other alliance requirements at times, especially towards the end of a season when it's near impossible to find decent replacement players. However, just because they let you finish the season doesn't mean you deserve the rewards.

Maybe you constantly break alliance rules, aren't very active, die constantly in aw, don't follow assigned aw and aq lanes or just have a really bad and toxic attitude. Some people think that just because they logged in then they deserve rewards, but if an alliance feels you didn't properly contribute or even hurt the alliance (based on not following directions or just a really toxic alliance personality) then that is when this issue is most likely to happen.

One thing I've learned over the years is if I plan on leaving an alliance or if it's close to end of aw season, just bite the lip and do what's being asked. 99.9% of the time they aren't going to take away your aw rewards if your not going against the grain, but if you do, especially at bad timing of near aw season ends, they may do it out of spite or to send a message to other members.
    Being honest looking back...Yeah I only had missed out aq 3 times because of school schedules. I'm already in a better alliance but to be honest I guess they were looking for someone better
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,005 Guardian

No one should be kicked prior to season rewards but I don't know that anything can reasonably be done about it.

I think Robobot may have been talking about kicking in general, as in DURING the season.

But as for AFTER season ends but before rewards are sent out, Kabam should be able to take a SNAPSHOT of alliances at the time AW Season ends (or AQ ends, BG ends, etc. ANY major type of reward events) and then proceed at their leisure to issue rewards based on what Alliance you were in at the time of that Snapshot.

Should not have to wait until rewards actually get sent out, especially since there is a growing list of such type of game events like this, and they all end on different days making people have to choose potentially what reward they want to miss (even if leaving on their own).