**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unexpected AW season reward question

ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,674 ★★★★★
edited October 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
When my alliance finished the last war of the season yesterday, we were squarely in the middle of the Gold 3 bracket. There were about 750 alliances between us and both Silver 1 and Gold 2. However, when the rewards came in today, we found ourselves in Silver 1. We'd fallen somewhere around 700 places.

I've never seen this happen before. I've seen our score change slightly after our last war score has come in, but not by half a bracket's worth of places.

So my question is, how could this happen? Has anyone had the same thing happen to them, either now or in the past? The reason for the question is that the only times I can ever remember seeing alliances fall this hard is when they've cheated and have been docked a lot of points. Are there any other possibilities? I hate that I'm now suspecting that someone in my alliances might have cheated and caused us to drop, but I'm really struggling with coming up with another reason for this massive drop.

If this cheating was to be the case, how do I as the leader of the alliance rectify it? Are alliances notified of members cheating? I don't have any previous experience with whatever system is in place (since we don't cheat). However, I don't want to be left in the dark if there is someone who has been dragging us down.

Conversely, if alliances are notified of cheating if it happens, and we haven't received a notification, then I can feel relieved that nothing of the sort has occurred and that something else is amiss. But at least that would settle the most worrisome aspect of all of this and I can go back to fully trusting everyone in my alliance again.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    You are not notified when someone has cheated. You are just docked points because someone was using a mod or piloting. It's really hard to find the offender in these instances.
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    Did you check the standings immediately after your war ended? It takes a few hours for all wars to get wrapped up and points tabulated correctly.
  • Sounds liek got docked bud. Keep an eye out on your members if they suddenly go inactive.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,674 ★★★★★
    Snakep said:

Did you check the standings immediately after your war ended? It takes a few hours for all wars to get wrapped up and points tabulated correctly.

I checked right after our last war ended, which was about 11 hours before the season as a whole ended. At that point we were right in the middle of Gold 3. I'm used to points shifting a little after that (which makes it anxious if you're right on the cusp of falling down), but I've never fallen that hard before.
    QuikPik said:

You are not notified when someone has cheated. You are just docked points because someone was using a mod or piloting. It's really hard to find the offender in these instances.

If someone actually cheated, hopefully they were at least banned. If someone suddenly stops showing up in the future, they're out.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,283 ★★★★★
    Do you know what your points total was right after you completed the war and what it is now? If there is any disparity, maybe your points got docked(assuming kabam actually deducts points for cheating and not just push you down the standings). Other then that I don’t think there is a way to find out if you got docked.
  • Hey @Ercarret, we're unable to help with concerns like this in the Forums as we don't have direct access to in-game accounts. I recommend reaching out to our Support Team for assistance. You can contact them by clicking HERE.
This discussion has been closed.