**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Of all the frustrations this game has offered over the years....

gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
Few have been more discouraging than seeing this repeatedly.

With past "rift" type events, they've at least given us the opportunity to get 1 or 2 keys to choose a path/reward we actually want. In the 5+ years I've been playing this game, I don't think anything has been as motivation-crushing as seeing this screen.

Comments

• Options
    gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    butters said:

Remember that Avengers event? I think it was for infinity war? If memory serves correct that one was still worse than this.

I do recall that event, and yeah it wasn't a great time. Maybe this one seems worse because it's fresh in my mind. Either way, I hate candy.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Well for me candy is useful since I'm depleted in gold while yes it can be frustration... it's far from the worst.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I’ve been lucky, but I completely agree this is a bad design.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

You realize that you’re still getting rewards, and better, selectable rewards, when you land on that path right?

I’ve seen tons of people complain about this event, and I think most of the complaints come from misplaced expectations. Maybe it’s sad that someone got better rewards than you, but you literally have the statistics on how often that can happen, and it’s equally likely to happen to you. Getting candy is what you should expect, and anything else should be a cherry on top of the store rewards. Some people will only pull candy, but it’s likely that you’ll get something else on only a few days out of the whole month.

Many people have also complained that there isn’t a selector, stating that past rifts have given us this. In fact, you’re welcome to check my knowledge, but the first rifts didn’t include selectors and those were only introduced later after initial annoyance and typically for money.

I can think of many more things that have been far more frustrating, such as massive bugs in-game, things like the Gauntlet reappearing for some and not others, competitive events with massive botting and piloting, paywalled champs, debatably the OG Act 6 and beta- 7.1, etc.

Completely disagree. Candy shop prices are way out wack. 15k candy for 650 6* shards? Too much. I've gotten candy every single run except today because I haven't done the rift yet. I'll take anything but the candy rift at this point.

I know it's RNG but I'm beyond frustrated at this point that I haven't gotten a different path. All other rift events, I've gotten much more varied path selections, but this event has sucked. I've bought everything valuable in the store and all the crystal shards. Now all that's left that means anything to me is the 6* shards and even then, it's just 650 of them.

The candy store is definitely not better than rift path rewards.
    What’s fun is being done with the bottom couple of rows of high end selectable items from the Store and I can now spend candy on…what, really?

Dr. Zola
    Exactly. I need gold as well but 20k candy for 200k gold is ridiculous.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

You realize that you’re still getting rewards, and better, selectable rewards, when you land on that path right?

I’ve seen tons of people complain about this event, and I think most of the complaints come from misplaced expectations. Maybe it’s sad that someone got better rewards than you, but you literally have the statistics on how often that can happen, and it’s equally likely to happen to you. Getting candy is what you should expect, and anything else should be a cherry on top of the store rewards. Some people will only pull candy, but it’s likely that you’ll get something else on only a few days out of the whole month.

Many people have also complained that there isn’t a selector, stating that past rifts have given us this. In fact, you’re welcome to check my knowledge, but the first rifts didn’t include selectors and those were only introduced later after initial annoyance and typically for money.

I can think of many more things that have been far more frustrating, such as massive bugs in-game, things like the Gauntlet reappearing for some and not others, competitive events with massive botting and piloting, paywalled champs, debatably the OG Act 6 and beta- 7.1, etc.

Completely disagree. Candy shop prices are way out wack. 15k candy for 650 6* shards? Too much. I've gotten candy every single run except today because I haven't done the rift yet. I'll take anything but the candy rift at this point.

I know it's RNG but I'm beyond frustrated at this point that I haven't gotten a different path. All other rift events, I've gotten much more varied path selections, but this event has sucked. I've bought everything valuable in the store and all the crystal shards. Now all that's left that means anything to me is the 6* shards and even then, it's just 650 of them.

What’s fun is being done with the bottom couple of rows of high end selectable items from the Store and I can now spend candy on…what, really?

Dr. Zola
    You can also see it as being done with the event early. Any other month you'd still have to explore all weeks to get the same amount of 6* shards.
  • Options
    Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    My main account has been generally unlucky having hit a rare path on the first day and then nothing since. My alt account has had completely the opposite fortune (although landing on the sig stones felt like a penalty).

I'm still tracking everything gained through my two accounts in this event so I can compare rewards against other SQs without any bias....

Will be interesting to see what the total haul is for both at the end of the 35 days.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    You can also see it as being done with the event early. Any other month you'd still have to explore all weeks to get the same amount of 6* shards.
    Better to grind the known, instead of the false hopes of unknown.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    Right. Like “time off for good behavior.”

Dr. Zola
    I mean, I sympathise with the sentiment, but what's more valuable than time...
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    Exactly .. I'm baffled at this event quite honestly ... first you guarantee that 90% of people will only get candy and then you make a store that is just really underwhelming.

But we do have a choice to not play it so there's that lol
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    False hopes? If anything it's a fixed, guaranteed hope of 10%.
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    Exactly .. I'm baffled at this event quite honestly ... first you guarantee that 90% of people will only get candy and then you make a store that is just really underwhelming.

The math brigade is coming for you. I hear the thunder of hooves already.
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    Even if you buy all the 6 star shards in the shop, you still get half as many shards as we got last year in October. I think the shard amount should have definitely been more substantial. Like others have said, the shop items are overpriced and having uniform prices across cavalier, thronebreaker, and paragon is kinda annoying.
  • Options
    PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Posts: 334 ★★★
    I quit the game one more time in frustration. I don't think I'll be returning anytime soon.
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    I don't think you know what is guaranteed, guaranteed does not involve percentages
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    I don't think you know what is guaranteed, guaranteed does not involve percentages
    The percentages, if you trust Kabam, are guaranteed. Perhaps you could explain what’s false in this event.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    Right. Like “time off for good behavior.”

Dr. Zola
    I mean, I sympathise with the sentiment, but what's more valuable than time...
    Exactly. Which is why I balk at the notion anyone can play this mobile game (or any other) “for free.” 😉

Dr. Zola
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    The percentages, if you trust Kabam, are guaranteed. Perhaps you could explain what’s false in this event.
    'false' and 'false hopes' are different.

Again,
    Complete a quest get 10,000 t1a. That's guaranteed.
    Complete a quest and get 10% chance to get 20Billion 6* shards, that's not guaranteed.
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Again,
    Complete a quest and get 10% chance to get 20Billion 6* shards, that's not guaranteed.
    Funny how you understand context when it comes to one word but not the other. Cools.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

The math brigade is coming for you. I hear the thunder of hooves already.
    LOL let them come. Hard to not see the truth behind the countless number of forum posts on the matter. Every time you "rift" there's a 90% chance at candy ... it doesn't assume you've already gotten candy ... every single time you enter is a completely new 90% chance and it will go down as one of the worst events in the game.
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Again,
    Funny how you understand context when it comes to one word but not the other. Cools.
    Funny how you try to manipulate the conversation into your own narrative using one word. mehh
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    If I were actually getting a different path 1 out of 10 times, I would be less frustrated.

I had the gold path once, otherwise all candy.