**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Introducing a new BG rule

One of the things that I've noticed so far in BG, especially in the Gladiator Circuit Celestial+ tiers (that also @BeroMan pointed out) is that there are certain accounts trying to manipulate matchmakings in order to get easy points or win.
In order to do that, they start the search for a new match in both of their accounts and accept it only when they simultaneously get the "New match found" screen to accept or refuse the match, so they keep refusing new matches till they are sure it's amongs themselves.
What I'd suggest Kabam to do is to implement a max of 1 or 2 "Refuse" maybe each day to avoid that because I've been searching for a match for like 12 minutes now and got 6 times in a row "Match refused" which means that someone was clearly intentionally trying and match his alt (or modded) account.

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    They would just let the timer run out…
  • Options
    NightMonkeyNightMonkey Posts: 95 ★★
    Sean_Who said:

Just get rid of the option to refuse match.

Back out to cancel match making, otherwise just start the game when it matches you automatically.

Absolutely valid as well, I've never get why they've added it in the first place.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Sean_Who said:

Back out to cancel match making, otherwise just start the game when it matches you automatically.

Absolutely valid as well, I've never get why they've added it in the first place.
    In a scenario where the matchmaking time is minutes, not seconds, someone might wander off or not notice. You could also have a zombie connection where a device isn’t responsive but the system still identifies them as online. The accept button is a way to confirm player participation. I see what you’re saying though.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Sean_Who said:

In a scenario where the matchmaking time is minutes, not seconds, someone might wander off or not notice. You could also have a zombie connection where a device isn’t responsive but the system still identifies them as online. The accept button is a way to confirm player participation. I see what you’re saying though.
    Exactly. But for more immediate matching, say anytime that it finds you a match within 10-15 seconds, it should automatically startup.

The “Accept” / “Refuse” should only come into play after it has been more than 10-15 seconds after you requested a match.

I’m sure people's attention can be focused for at least 10 seconds in the game without looking away or wandering off.

But else, yes, the Accept/Decline should still be used after a longer matching. In those cases, game really doesn’t known if you’re still glued to the screen, or not paying attention,
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    I very much appreciate the sentiment in this thread... the pattern is definitely "bending the rules to the extreme".

That said, before just implementing the fix... there are enough issues with connections where after you win a fight you get to the "black screen" and either have to quickly rejoin and redo the fight, or take a lose because you end up scoring zero points (this happened to me as recently as yesterday. Fortunately I won the other two rounds so this was only a "mildly infuriating" but that won't always be the case).

If you sit there waiting for a pairing for too long frankly I don't trust the system enough not to do something similar, and having one extra "do you really have a good connection" is at this point more important to me.
  • Options
    BeroManBeroMan Posts: 272 ★★★★
    Yes and that especially happens on top ranking, I daily get 5 consecutive declines several times because someone is trying to match his mod account. That 10 seconds timer should be removed completely as soon as possible that will significantly reduce modding incentives at the top...If you find a match why do we need that timer at all? just remove it and start the match automatically.