**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anyone else just going to completely ignore relics?

bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
They look too complicated. I don't need another thing to never dupe and then have to grind for resources to rank up. I will never use relics if I am not forced to in this game. I'm just not excited about them at all considering all the issues this game has currently.

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Not enough info.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Have to wait until it's released
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I don't have the time to put into the game I did once upon a time. There are a number of champs I have that I still haven't put the work in to learn to play properly. I do think that relics could potentially add more complexity that I won't have time to really figure out as I would like. Nevertheless I can't see ignoring them, especially when there is some much about them we can't know at this time. I'm always an advocate of waiting to see before making bold proclamations.
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 565 ★★★
    I’m actually excited for the relics, they will add some newness to the game. 7* though, I’m gonna ignore for a while. Maybe hold until I can pop 5-10 crystals for the first opening.
  • smy168smy168 Posts: 206 ★★
    Better relics than 7 stars...
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I don’t plan on ignoring them but idk if i will grind as hard as usual.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    I'm a little confused why they are initially usable in Battlegrounds and not certain PvE content, though, since I think a broken relic has a far higher chance of messing with PvP than PvE. I would rather have seen them introduced in PvE only and then, only when deemed functional, brought into competitive areas of the game.

Ultimately, however, I am curious to see how they work. I do think they can bring something interesting to the game. I'm just on the fence about how it'll work in PvP. In Battlegrounds, you can just look at whichever champion you're facing and draft a good counter. If we add relics to that, I fear that it'll make it increasingly complex. Increasing complexity isn't inherently a bad thing, but I don't need it when I'm already on a short timer.

It'll depend on how they are designed, I guess. If they just make bleeds deal more damage or regen heal more health, then that's one thing. However, those are not very enticing abilities. I worry a bit that we'll eventually see "this champion gets this kind of new immunity", which has the potential to really screw you over (as the opponent) if you don't catch it in time.

But we'll see, I guess.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    To me it will depend a lot on their availability
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
    I’ve seen Brian Grant and Karate Mike do a video on them. Although they look interesting, I’m not 100% convinced about why they are needed, outside of them being another thing to collect/buy. If they had been in the game from the start and content had been designed and shaped with them in mind I might feel differently. As it stands I don’t see why they are needed in addition to 7*

I have no objection to them being brought in, it’s just so much more extra info we need to keep in mind to get optimal out from our champs. Having to look at the node, look at the synergy, look at the interaction with the relic. In reality I can switch my brain off and just Herc through 90% of content. All the competitive stuff like AW and BG where this would be the real difference maker, I’ll just care less and less about.
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Feels like too much headache, I'll not target them specifically and I'll only use em when they come with some other rewards as a package, for example I'll not spend BGs tokens on them at all
  • BuckeyeshaBuckeyesha Posts: 204
    bdawg923 said:

They look too complicated. I don't need another thing to never dupe and then have to grind for resources to rank up. I will never use relics if I am not forced to in this game. I'm just not excited about them at all considering all the issues this game has currently.

Probably ignore, but you know they are going to end up releasing new content where u need or must have relics in order to get through it...
  • PantherAPPantherAP Posts: 57
    Yeah, I’ll probably ignore them too…I don’t even make changes to Masteries.

I’ve been ignoring most of the new content. I don’t play variants, incursions, or battlegrounds, it’s just not fun for me.