**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Is Galan bugged?

Doctor Doom is is able to power control and stagger galan which is not supposed to happen, according to his kit.

Comments

• Options
    ShepShep Posts: 150
    @GrassKnuckles
    What it states in both kits.

• Options
    It says specifically nullify effects and Stagger is a nullify... The power steal you're correct.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Stagger unables u to get buffs..
    Nullify takes off buffs u got...
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,651 ★★★★★
    Staggers nullifies, but it isn't a Nullify. Not too confusing :)
  • Options
    @BitterSteel That makes more sense.
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 620 ★★★★
    One question I’m not sure has been answered is if Galan is supposed to apply incinerates on SP2 even if you dex it. Because at the moment it doesn’t apply on hit and instead is on activation despite his SP2 description not explicitly stating that.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★
    Verreaux said:

Shep said:

It says specifically nullify effects and Stagger is a nullify... The power steal you're correct.

I see why there’s confusion, and it’s not entirely clear but stagger is not “a nullify”.

Nullify is nullify, and stagger is something different. If you check someone like Mr Negative, he is explicitly immune to nullify AND stagger, implying a difference and therefore implying someone being immune to one and not the other
    Well to quote Staggers own description: "When a staggered opponent gains a buff, all Buffs triggered at the same time are Nullified". So at least according to its description, a nullify immune champion should not have any buffs removed by Stagger.

Yeah agreed, that’s another reason why I said it’s not completely clear (I just forgot to write it lol)

It is weird that nullify immune champs can have buffs staggered, but they’re likely just coded differently. Would be nice for it to be clearer wording in game though.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,766 ★★★★★

Verreaux said:

Shep said:

I see why there’s confusion, and it’s not entirely clear but stagger is not “a nullify”.

Nullify is nullify, and stagger is something different. If you check someone like Mr Negative, he is explicitly immune to nullify AND stagger, implying a difference and therefore implying someone being immune to one and not the other
    Well to quote Staggers own description: "When a staggered opponent gains a buff, all Buffs triggered at the same time are Nullified". So at least according to its description, a nullify immune champion should not have any buffs removed by Stagger.

Yeah agreed, that’s another reason why I said it’s not completely clear (I just forgot to write it lol)

It is weird that nullify immune champs can have buffs staggered, but they’re likely just coded differently. Would be nice for it to be clearer wording in game though.
    Yeah, sym supreme still works great for nullify-immune champs in war. One of those things where I just don't ask questions...
  • Options
    Verreaux said:

Shep said:

Even though the description says it nullifies, in kabams game system, they probably have stagger and nullify in different categories since they have different purposes. It probably says nullified in the description so we the players know that it removes the buffs, when in all actuality, what it is really doing is its own mechanic called staggered. However you can't have staggered in the definition of what staggers do.

In conclusion, English sucks.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    It's like the difference between purify and cleanse
  • Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 327 ★★★
    although also, buffs being removed by stagger trigger Doom’s sig ability like nullify…so it’s a bit of a weird edge case. Definitely needs some better wording somewhere.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

although also, buffs being removed by stagger trigger Doom’s sig ability like nullify…so it’s a bit of a weird edge case. Definitely needs some better wording somewhere.

Good catch. Although If they change it then doom cheese would no longer exist
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,401 ★★★★
    Axew said:

One question I’m not sure has been answered is if Galan is supposed to apply incinerates on SP2 even if you dex it. Because at the moment it doesn’t apply on hit and instead is on activation despite his SP2 description not explicitly stating that.

We've been asking this for 2.5 months with no response or acknowledgement. I have posted asking about this in multiple threads but here is one of the 1st ones I saw.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/311797/is-galan-supposed-to-be-able-to-do-this#latest
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 620 ★★★★
    Crine60 said:

Axew said:

We've been asking this for 2.5 months with no response or acknowledgement. I have posted asking about this in multiple threads but here is one of the 1st ones I saw.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/311797/is-galan-supposed-to-be-able-to-do-this#latest
    Thanks for the post. That’s annoying, I wish they would just acknowledge if it’s intended or a bug, it doesn’t seem difficult to confirm that.