MCOC and Facebook trackers

Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Member Posts: 273 ★★★

I'm curious as to why DuckDuckGo Tracking Protection shows this. It's an error on their part? Or I am missing something?

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian
    If you look in the Facebook permissions, it talks with almost every single app on your phone so they can create ads for you.
  • Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Member Posts: 273 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

If you look in the Facebook permissions, it talks with almost every single app on your phone so they can create ads for you.

But doesn't the app have to give permission to each tracker (in this case to Facebook) to do this?
    I should also add that I don't have Facebook on my phone
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian
    Ghost_Fan said:

Pikolu said:

But doesn't the app have to give permission to each tracker (in this case to Facebook) to do this?
    That's much more interesting if you don't even have Facebook on your phone. Also no the app doesn't have to be given individual permissions to talk to other apps.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Pikolu said:

That's much more interesting if you don't even have Facebook on your phone. Also no the app doesn't have to be given individual permissions to talk to other apps.
    You don't have to have the app. If you've logged in through any webpages, most of them are synced. I use chrome and my bookmarks and permissions persist if I'm on my phone or desktop.

Pikolu said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Pikolu said:

You don't have to have the app. If you've logged in through any webpages, most of them are synced. I use chrome and my bookmarks and permissions persist if I'm on my phone or desktop.
    I don't use Facebook at all so there is no reason to log in with it somewhere.
    With other apps that use trackers like this, there is usually a share option within the app itself.
    Pikolu said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Pikolu said:

Oh no, I don't mean myself giving permission to MCOC, I'm talking about MCOC giving permission to Facebook to use trackers inside the game

It seems that MCoC is using Facebook for identification purposes and I still haven't figured out why or how. Can someone from Kabam enlighten me?