**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam REMOVE that damn "Accept / Refuse" choice in BG!

NightMonkeyNightMonkey Posts: 95 ★★
edited November 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
I already made a post about it, but I can't stress it enough.
First MUST change in BG is to remove that choice, it opens up too many exploits.
It's been (and I'm not joking, I made a video about it) 3 hours that I keep getting MATCH Refused because some morons are abusing the matchmaking system at the top of the leaderboards. I literally CAN'T play.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Ceo_WakefordCeo_Wakeford Posts: 115
    Modders,abusers unfair ,so much time spent ,i guess ill stop playing bg on Gladiators curcuit
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 934 ★★★★★
    The problem is matchmaking isn’t instantaneous and sometimes zone out waiting for a match and miss the countdown to accept. Not often but it happens.

Now I’m not saying what your describing isn’t a real issue that needs a solution, all cheating / exploiting absolutely does. I would hope Kabam could have a count of number of times times accounts enter matchmaking vs number of accepts. If its below 25% (or some other number) it gets flagged for suspicious behaviour, with the account messaged to advise they are exploiting the game. Unless they actually accept matches they enter they will be banned / penalised.
  • GogiGogi Posts: 435 ★★★

It happens specifically at the top of the leaderboards (Celestial +) and has been known for the longest time now.
    This entire morning I got to play A SINGLE MATCH (Against a modder BTW who took down my R4 KingPin using BWCV in 40 seconds 100% health).
    The process is very simple:
    - You have 2 devices (A legit one and a modding one)
    - Hit Search
    - If they match at the same time you know it's between yours 2 devices
    - If just one gets a match, you refuse and repeat.

It happens over and over and over again, I got refused more than 50 times this morning cause someone was trying to abuse the matchmaking system.
    Just took the damn button away, it doens't make any sense.

PS: LITERALLY NO ONE IN CELESTIAL + HAS EVER MATCHED RAYMOND333333 (1°ST), just saying...

That just a theory, maybe you get lucky and meet your "own" account or something. The chances should be low unless there are like 10 players playing BGs. I have encountered 2 rejects in total in lower bracket but not since then. It could be that the players you match with are AFK or maybe started by mistake? I know i have missed some matches myself when i have been waiting for 1min. You can't remove the reject option, but they could do something like to many rejects ends up with a penalty to queue for a new match for 1h or something like that.
  • NightMonkeyNightMonkey Posts: 95 ★★
    I know that it is something that mostly happens only in the higher tiers because trying out something like this in tiers where 50 people are playing at the same time is almost impossible, but if you are in Celestial V+ there are only a handful of people playing and if you got 2 account close together it is very likely that you'll get match to the other device.

The solution is the simplest one, I have no idea why it is not yet been implemented.
  • NightMonkeyNightMonkey Posts: 95 ★★
    Exactly, this is why it has to be removed like ASAP.
  • 30ish30ish Posts: 177 ★★
    Yup not even in celestial but in lower tiers too people are abusing that accept screen meta.
    I’m currently in Mysterium happened 5 times to me. As soon as match starts people denied it, one time was like ok someone didn’t want it but it happened 4-5 times in a row then I was sure that something was going on.
  • frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 312 ★★★
    I know there have been several posts about this but I agree.....the accept/decline match button has got to go. If you do implement a "lock out" timer instead....the timer should be for a 24 hour period before resetting your lockout number to 0.

IMO....this is an obvious abuse of the system in order to gain an unfair advantage over other players and should constitute a ban. It "should" be easy enough to determine who is doing it.

I'd like to see Kabam take their time, purge the leaderboards and ensure the end-results are something we can trust. We need some faith restored in the system.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,997 ★★★★★
    The matchmaking abuse is a legitimate issue so just know that I’m not trying to undercut that when I say I actually like the button. I play very casually, and sometimes after I hit matchmaking but before I go into the match, something comes up in real life that I need to address. I like having that final “are you sure you want to commit the next ten-ish minutes” screen.

Hopefully there are ways to address this without getting rid of the screen entirely. Maybe make it so you can’t match with the same accounts back to back?
    Wicket329 said:

The matchmaking abuse is a legitimate issue so just know that I’m not trying to undercut that when I say I actually like the button. I play very casually, and sometimes after I hit matchmaking but before I go into the match, something comes up in real life that I need to address. I like having that final “are you sure you want to commit the next ten-ish minutes” screen.

Hopefully there are ways to address this without getting rid of the screen entirely. Maybe make it so you can’t match with the same accounts back to back?

It's definately a "nice to have" because let's face it....unexpected things happen. This is where the "lock out" timer comes into play for refusing a match. I like that suggestion more and more as long as sufficent steps are taken to ensure it can't be overly abused.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Happening in Platinum too
  • PetieCameronPetieCameron Posts: 260
    People are exploiting with alt accounts and it's not fair to those not doing it with alts just a matter of time before we not allowed alt accounts because these people ruining it for everyone else as usual. 😡
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I agree. It’s an easy exploit.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    frodo2377 said:

Wicket329 said:

It's definately a "nice to have" because let's face it....unexpected things happen. This is where the "lock out" timer comes into play for refusing a match. I like that suggestion more and more as long as sufficent steps are taken to ensure it can't be overly abused.
    i like the timer on accept/reject concept also. Real life happens but if it keeps happening then you clearly need to stop playing and go deal with it, so a delay in ability o matchmake shouldn't be an issue for legitimate players.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

I don’t necessarily think that the option to reject a matchup is a bad thing. There have been times where I’ve been ready for a match, just got the matchup and then real life strikes, usually in the form of the pup or the missus and I cant play.

If there was a limit on this being a once/hour type thing then I think that would be fair but I do agree that something needs to be implemented

Would a reminder work toward solving this? As in, during your search you get prompted every 30 (or whatever interval) seconds to ask if you're still wanting to search?

Then have a find match/cancel button as normal
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 739 ★★★

Hey everybody,

I know this has been a contentious topic recently, and we agree that this behaviour is unacceptable and not sportsmanlike. Exploiting matchmaking to match yourself or anybody else specifically is not in the competitive spirit of Battlegrounds, or the Contest.

We've recently made some changes to matchmaking that should make this process more difficult, but we will be taking action against those that we have found to be abusing this system.

On the topic of the Accept/Refuse screen, we've talked about it and it's an option we're exploring. We would need to remove the functionality for anybody to explore other menus/screens while matchmaking though.

Is it not sportsmanlike like sandbagging or like actual cheating?
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 ★★★★

Hey everybody,

I know this has been a contentious topic recently, and we agree that this behaviour is unacceptable and not sportsmanlike. Exploiting matchmaking to match yourself or anybody else specifically is not in the competitive spirit of Battlegrounds, or the Contest.

We've recently made some changes to matchmaking that should make this process more difficult, but we will be taking action against those that we have found to be abusing this system.

On the topic of the Accept/Refuse screen, we've talked about it and it's an option we're exploring. We would need to remove the functionality for anybody to explore other menus/screens while matchmaking though.

Is it not sportsmanlike like sandbagging or like actual cheating?
    IMO he is talking about accept/refuse exploit.

Hey everybody,

Would that also be the case if Kabam were to implement a lock out timer for continued refused matches?