**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

CRAZY CYBER WEEKEND SUGGESTION TO KABAM..

Onurre2Onurre2 Posts: 173 ★★
edited November 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
There is a constant thing happening in cyber weekend where if you buy 15,000 units worth of stuff, you get another special offer for 3,000 units. My suggestion is to make that 3,000 unit offer, a gold offer. That way people can save 3,000 units and it would somewhat soften the sorrow about deadpool gold event not happening (I'm still sad about that). This would benefit everyone. That special gold offer will still be behind a 15,000 unit wall, but once you spend 15,000 units, you don't need to waste another 3,000 on another special deal, you get to buy it let's say for 5 million gold. Now of course in an ideal world the best thing would be to have a seperate gold store but I don't think that will ever happen.

Now you can say in the comment section as a joke like "uuu looks like someone is short 3,000 units and wants it to be a gold deal" no, just no. I'll have more than enough units to buy everything and I might even buy some odins since I'm curious about the paragon deals in the store. I'm not f2p player and I'm definitely far far away from a whale. I just wanna buy something with gold this year :smiley:

Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    K00shMaan said:

I'm all game for opportunities to use Gold for other purposes in this game but why do you think Kabam would be interested in having us save an extra 3,000 Units?

Mine was just a simple suggestion since I'm really sad as player who didn't see a gold deal this year. There are f2p players who have more than 20,000 units. Spending 3,000 more would not affect them that much. This would just be a generous act from kabam to do.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Onurre2 said:

K00shMaan said:

I'm all game for opportunities to use Gold for other purposes in this game but why do you think Kabam would be interested in having us save an extra 3,000 Units?

Mine was just a simple suggestion since I'm really sad as player who didn't see a gold deal this year. There are f2p players who have more than 20,000 units. Spending 3,000 more would not affect them that much. This would just be a generous act from kabam to do.
    Also as long as people save units from the arena this deal is kinda free, I'm not saying they should make the $100 odin deal a 5 million gold deal. We don't have any gold deals like this and maybe kabam would be interested in it if people are buying it. Think about it a gold deal locked behind a unit deal and a good gold deal as well. If you are let's say just short about 400 units from 15,000 units. You can buy a $20 unit deal with money to get that gold deal. But if it would be like it always is and now you are short about 3,400 units (with the original offer of 18,000 units without any gold deals) and not eveyone has an extra $100 to buy the odin deal. This might increase their profit as well from the small spenders.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Completely pro player suggestion, I am gobsmacked people are arguing against it. >:)
  • Options
    Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Posts: 422 ★★★
    so you want to spend all the units u have on offers to get crystals and waste all the gold u have on offers so u cant rank up ur champs
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    As much as this would be great to see, it’s not very realistic. Kabam didn’t even comment on the Gold Event thread, so they’re not gonna use there cash cow events as way to make up for something players feel aggrieved over, but Kabam likely doesn’t internally see as an issue.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

so you want to spend all the units u have on offers to get crystals and waste all the gold u have on offers so u cant rank up ur champs

I do, if you don't and IF they surprisingly do this just don't buy the gold one buddy :wink: (also I have 58 million gold so np there)
  • Options
    Onurre2 said:

I do, if you don't and IF they surprisingly do this just don't buy the gold one buddy :wink: (also I have 58 million gold so np there)
    well then u can but i cant for example so if u want it this way they should make it optional to either use gold or units but then it'll ruin the flow of the game cause it has been using gold and units separately for years
  • Options

Onurre2 said:

well then u can but i cant for example so if u want it this way they should make it optional to either use gold or units but then it'll ruin the flow of the game cause it has been using gold and units separately for years
    well if you don't then you wouldn't be happy about the deadpool gold deals as well since you don't have gold. But if you are a whale or just a guy who has a lot of units but no gold, you can simply buy uncollected gold crystals to get gold as much you want :smile:
  • Options
    Mhd20034Mhd20034 Posts: 159
    I think if anything it will make ftp players who have not saved units for cyber weekend more mad.
  • Options
    Onurre2 said:

Onurre2 said:

well if you don't then you wouldn't be happy about the deadpool gold deals as well since you don't have gold. But if you are a whale or just a guy who has a lot of units but no gold, you can simply buy uncollected gold crystals to get gold as much you want :smile:
    I had 15m saved for day of the Deadpool but spent them when there weren't any offers
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Or we could buy the unit deal and still have units left over, and then buy the gold deal and still have gold to rank whatever we want without a second thought. That's the option I would choose.
  • Options
    Onurre2 said:

K00shMaan said:

It isn't generous at all. First of all, only players with large amounts of gold could take advantage of those offers, which was not a high percentage of the players. And second, considering that people keep complaining about gold shortages adding a gold sink into the game only forces players to hoard more gold they don't actually have.

You can't simultaneously ask for more gold and more gold offers. That's just a camouflaged way of asking for tons of free stuff. If there is no gold shortage, then the gold offers are not a problem but everyone has to shut up about gold. On the other hand, if there is a gold shortage then Kabam should increase the flow of gold into the game economy but they can't simultaneously encourage more gold shortages with gold sink offers.

Pick one. Which one is the more "generous" option?
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    Give this man a gold offer!!!
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,536 ★★★★★

Completely pro player suggestion, I am gobsmacked people are arguing against it. >:)

It's as ridiculous as listening to callers on sports radio make up trades.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Onurre2 said:

K00shMaan said:

It isn't generous at all. First of all, only players with large amounts of gold could take advantage of those offers, which was not a high percentage of the players. And second, considering that people keep complaining about gold shortages adding a gold sink into the game only forces players to hoard more gold they don't actually have.

You can't simultaneously ask for more gold and more gold offers. That's just a camouflaged way of asking for tons of free stuff. If there is no gold shortage, then the gold offers are not a problem but everyone has to shut up about gold. On the other hand, if there is a gold shortage then Kabam should increase the flow of gold into the game economy but they can't simultaneously encourage more gold shortages with gold sink offers.

Pick one. Which one is the more "generous" option?
    Ok I'll pick one. I pick the gold offers all day long buddy. DP day, cyber day, 4th of jully, christmas They already expect us to open our wallets on every special holiday, I wanna use my gold instead of opening my wallet every single time.
  • Options
    Mhd20034 said:

I think if anything it will make ftp players who have not saved units for cyber weekend more mad.

I don't think anyone would get because I don't think they will say like "uuu if it was 15,000 units instead 18,000 I would have done it" This is not realistic. They could still save 15,000 because there is already 15,000 units worth stuff on the store.
  • Options

Or we could buy the unit deal and still have units left over, and then buy the gold deal and still have gold to rank whatever we want without a second thought. That's the option I would choose.
    Exactly. Like I said before this may open some doors for small spenders too. People will most likely want to reach that gold deal and some can throw an extra 5, 10, 15, 20 bucks to get that 15,000 units together. But not everyone can buy an odin to get them. Let's be honest here no small spender can buy everything and no whale will stop buying everything. This small change will help us save some units maybe for christmas, or DP spring cleaning. But for the whales extra 3,000 or 30,000 units have no difference.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    Onurre2 said:

Mhd20034 said:

I don't think anyone would get because I don't think they will say like "uuu if it was 15,000 units instead 18,000 I would have done it" This is not realistic. They could still save 15,000 because there is already 15,000 units worth stuff on the store.
    I think this is a bad idea. I don't play arena and don't save for cyber weekend so I would get very upset. How would gating a gold offer behind a 15k unit pay wall be a good idea?

I wouldn't say "uuu if it was 15,000 units instead 18,000 I would have done it" I would just say give all players the option to buy a gold offer, not just the ones that can save up 15k units.

But if I follow your logic, replacing the first 1k unit offer with a 1 million gold offer seems more logical. I actually wouldn't mind that.
  • Options

Onurre2 said:

Mhd20034 said:

I think this is a bad idea. I don't play arena and don't save for cyber weekend so I would get very upset. How would gating a gold offer behind a 15k unit pay wall be a good idea?

I wouldn't say "uuu if it was 15,000 units instead 18,000 I would have done it" I would just say give all players the option to buy a gold offer, not just the ones that can save up 15k units.

But if I follow your logic, replacing the first 1k unit offer with a 1 million gold offer seems more logical. I actually wouldn't mind that.
    First off I'm down with any idea where we spend gold to get good rewards. So 1k unit being gold great let's do that.

Second off there is already a 3,000 unit deal after 15,000 unit wall. My idea was to make that 3,000 unit deal into a gold deal because that is a realistic thing kabam might do, because of the reasons I stated above. F2p players thinking about getting that 3k unit deal would save their units for something else and sacrifice their gold which I think they would happily do. As a player who didn't save units from the arena you were not able to buy out that 15,000 unit wall anyway, so why should you be sad if that unit wall is set on a gold deal instead of a 3k unit deal. You wouldn't have 15k anyway, and you wouldn't saved for months to get that gold deal anyway too. I understand that not everyone have enough time to grind arena everyday, but if you are f2p and you are planning on spending on special holidays you have to play the arena to get at least 1000 units per week from the arena. There is no other way to save enough units to spend on holidays.

Like I said I was putting this suggestion out there because that is actually a thing that can happen imo. In my original post I said "of course in an ideal world the best thing would be to have a seperate gold store but I don't think that will ever happen" I wish they just do a seperate gold store or something like what you said. But just having a gold store doesn't get kabam anything or making the 1k unit deal a gold deal won't get kabam anything, that would only make us happy not them and they don't care about that. But if they put a unit wall in front of a gold deal then some small spenders can buy some unit packs to get it and that will get kabam some profits and this is only what they care about which is normal because they are a company not a charity.
  • Options
    Because I have gold and not units.

Also since last gold offer were available to everyone and your gold offer would only be available to players with 15k units willing to spend them, I assume it's fair to say there would be a little outrage.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Because I have gold and not units.

Also since last gold offer were available to everyone and your gold offer would only be available to players with 15k units willing to spend them, I assume it's fair to say there would be a little outrage.

This gold is not free. It's behind a huge 15k unit wall. And there is already a deal after a 15K unit wall and a great deal as well. You should also say that I want to get that 3k deal without a 15k wall as well. This only changes the later value, you still need 15k unit no matter what. So I find what you say really odd. If you don't plan on spending units on cyber weekend this change doesn't affect you at all. This change will only make players, who were planning on spending, happy because they get to save 3k units. That's it. If you don't have units, You can't buy anything at all, if it was like last year or with my suggestion this doesn't affect you in any way.
  • Options
    @Onurre2 might not affect me but might affect other players. All in all it's a change that would generate dissatisfaction in the general player base. If you don't see that then there is no point in arguing.
  • Options

@Onurre2 might not affect me but might affect other players. All in all it's a change that would generate dissatisfaction in the general player base. If you don't see that then there is no point in arguing.

It won't generate any dissatisfaction, people like you who were not going to buy anything still won't buy anything, The rest will save 3k units and will be happy. That's it really.
  • Options
    Im not going to be happy that you will save 3k units and get a gold offer while the rest who doesn't save units doens't get a gold offer lol.

If it was announced ahead of time then Im agreeing with you but to do it for this cyber weekend, no. And even then I still stand by my idea of making the first offer a gold offer to make it accessible to everyone.
  • Options

Im not going to be happy that you will save 3k units and get a gold offer while the rest who doesn't save units doens't get a gold offer lol.

If it was announced ahead of time then Im agreeing with you but to do it for this cyber weekend, no. And even then I still stand by my idea of making the first offer a gold offer to make it accessible to everyone.

Kabam never announces these stuf ahead of time so you are verrrrry much wrong there. Kabam will never let you know to save this or save that BUT YOU CAN SAVE UNITS FOR CYBER WEEKEND NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE GOLD DEALS BECAUSE IT IS HAPPENING EVERY YEAR. YOU CAN GET COOL ITEMS FOR UNITS. You can get an extra cool item if you spend 15k and have 3k more. If you didn't save for the cyber weekend it is you fault or your CHOICE. 15k unıt wall is an at least 2 months of arena grinding and Kabam will never announce that hey guys save your free unit you get from free areas bc we will have a special gold after 15k unıt wall.

We don't even now if there is gonna be a trade in store this december and kabam won't say anything until it happens. Let me ask you this are you saving your every item for that event last year? You don't know if it will happen this year or not. SO SAVING OR SPENDING IS YOUR CHOICE. If they take my suggestion into consideretion and do it, you won't know it until the time comes. That's that buddy. If you are gonna be sad that people grinded arena for 2-3-4 months and saved units and get to save only a bit of it, then start doing some grind don't get sad when and if kabam does something like this. There is never going to be certainty about this ever. once again IT IS YOUR CHOICE and your time wasted in the arena. They can sell 6 star generic awakening gems for 2k units this year. Are you gonna be mad at kabam that they didn't announce this earlier. If you don't wanna miss out on rewards, than better start saving :wink:
  • Options
    Lmao thanks for the condescending reply "buddy". I have nowhere said I would be sad, I expressed how I think the community would react to your change. I also dont care about extra rewards or saving units.

The point is it has always been units. To change it suddenly into something else that is more easily obtainable would generate dissatisfaction. Wether it is behind a 15k paywall or not, doesn't matter. You saw it with the gold offer not returning this year, they weren't brought back and people complained. As they would complain about this change.
  • Options
    Anyway im glad im bored at work, otherwise I would never argue about this. Kabam will simply never do this.
  • Options

Lmao thanks for the condescending reply "buddy". I have nowhere said I would be sad, I expressed how I think the community would react to your change. I also dont care about extra rewards or saving units.

The point is it has always been units. To change it suddenly into something else that is more easily obtainable would generate dissatisfaction. Wether it is behind a 15k paywall or not, doesn't matter. You saw it with the gold offer not returning this year, they weren't brought back and people complained. As they would complain about this change.

This change would be a better change than not having a whole free event and if it happens regularly from now on you can save for the next year. You didn't say you would be sad but you said you won't be happy about other people get to save 3k units where they already spent 15k and I put my perspective on this comment of yours. Btw when I say buddy I mean it, not in a "buddy" way.