**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on having the AG jackpot in more events?

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
edited November 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
So, this event had same rewards as the previous ones. That's a fact. BUT there was a 1/3 chance to get a jackpot - 6* AG (and a 1/10 chance to land on a unusual reward). Since the chance was only 1/3, approximately every third player got the jackpot AG (ofc RNG isn't ideal, but with the amount of players, it won't be far from the 33.33%).

So if we got this rare chance in more events, in theory everyone should ge a 6* AG 4x a year (approximately, if RNG was perfect). Sure, there'd still be a chance of not obtaining any AGs, however this chance would be much lower (from 33% obtain chamce every month to 79% obtain chance every quarter of a year).

So the question I wanna ask is clear:

Thoughts on having the AG jackpot in more events? 64 votes

Yes - keep the jackpot chance
56%
BitterSteelSeverus35Hort4zuffySpeedbumpLvernon15G-Hun-GearShadowstrikeMhd20034yuwAckbar67KerneasRickGrimes_King73Cap366Tijjy007Gogeta91199Rockyshocky_Sham_JimmyBMother_Flerken 36 votes
No - return to the ±same rewards every month with no chance at insane pulls
43%
SiliyoSnizzbarDarkrider05Vergeman78pseudosaneMoosetiptronicDenslo500Wordunkenlaserjohn26mrcyrcleBamajdAMS94NimorNoob_Master69Qwerty12345RenaxqqSean_WhoHieitakuMasterzxProShenk 28 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    I will go first: Yes. Because rewards-wise, every event is the same and 6* AGs are nearly unobtainable. I'd rather watch people get 2-3 a month knowing, that my time will come, rather than wait like 6 months for a story quest with a hope of giving me the gem. Personal preferences, I understand if you have different.
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    With slightly better drop rates definitely! Didn’t pull an AG this time though🫠
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    There could have been another option
    Ag with better chances or fair shot depending upon skill or some kind of parameter set for that
    Rng is something which is uncertain in practical but theoretical presence is arguable
  • Options

There could have been another option
    Ag with better chances or fair shot depending upon skill or some kind of parameter set for that
    Rng is something which is uncertain in practical but theoretical presence is arguable

Where would you set the borders for RNG? That's not a (dis)agreement on my side, simply a question. This game has RNG left and right, including this event. Where would you keep it and where would you allow a guarantee?
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I would love to have a more regular chance at an AG. Or at the cost of a tricky objective. Like doing it with 3 stars or something. Much like the objectives to get the r4 materials. But harder.
    In Rift like content the chance at getting one would be nice.
    I did not pull the AG this time. But still think it is nice that every month some players are lucky enough to pull them.
  • Options
    LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    My whole allience got 10 Ag's, while me getting once t5b
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    I'll hold off from voting until we see how the new difficulty pans out. If it (and its rewards) are good enough, chances are that we get a concrete answer to the poll and end up with a monthly bump to the rewards.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    1/3?
    Are you confusing 3.3 to 33.3?
  • Options

1/3?
    Are you confusing 3.3 to 33.3?

1% awake chance, 36 runs. In ideal world this should mean that approx. 1/3 people hit the AG path with one of their 36 runs. Ofc the world isn't ideal, so we have people with 2-3 AGs and people with 0 of them.
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    edited November 2022
    I landed on 4 total paths and I still feel short-changed by not getting the AG; I can't imagine how people who landed on JUST candy all month are feeling.

I think it is unfair to have such a high value item left up to chance like that.

I would prefer to not see it at all, rather than see some people walk away with 3 AG's and a potentially huge roster improvement, while people also walk away with nothing.

Edit: also the poll is a little loaded, c'mon... obviously I want to see better guaranteed rewards for everybody–especially now they've set the precedent of awakening gems not being as rare as we thought.
  • Options
    Matthew950Matthew950 Posts: 155

I think 10% to pull a jackpot prize is plenty good enough although my main accounts luck was TRASH! I got candy an 2 mil gold . My alt got an Ag an 2 other paths . I just hope the next even like this has a better "store" option I felt like after I grabbed the cavs the t2a t5b (big sizes) I was spending candy on 2* sigs etc we just needed the 6* shards to be either cheaper like 10k for the 650 or more shards for the same candy things along those line but I'm all for these types of events . Bring em . Love these an Love the grindy events were you can smash all difficulties an get everything

This...
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Sean_Who said:

I landed on 4 total paths and I still feel short-changed by not getting the AG; I can't imagine how people who landed on JUST candy all month are feeling.

I think it is unfair to have such a high value item left up to chance like that.

I would prefer to not see it at all, rather than see some people walk away with 3 AG's and a potentially huge roster improvement, while people also walk away with nothing.

Edit: also the poll is a little loaded, c'mon... obviously I want to see better guaranteed rewards for everybody–especially now they've set the precedent of awakening gems not being as rare as we thought.

The truth is nobody would say no to good guaranteed rewards. I am asking if people would prefer RNG or nothing. If I understand your comment correctly, you'd find it better to have absolutely no chance for everyone, rather than a small chance that would be present each month and over time inevatiably give the gem to each player

EDIT: typos
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Sean_Who said:

The truth is nobody would say no to good guaranteed rewards. I am asking if people would prefer RNG or nothing. If I understand your comment correctly, you'd find it better to have absolutely no chance for everyone, rather than a small chance that would be present each month and over time inevatiably give the gem to each player

EDIT: typos
    I think this. I'd rather it not be there at all. Yeah it's nice to have a CHANCE to get one but there is no fairness going on there. Yeah it's fair that we're all subject to the same rng but beyond that, it is not fair.

I had 2 runs where it wasn't candy. Gold and t5cc.

Just to reiterate, I like that there is a shot at one but maybe tie it behind a skill wall instead of a low %
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I would rather them introduce awakening gem shards than this lottery nonsense.
  • Options
    GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited November 2022
    If they change the format and don’t make getting it completely random, then sure. If they want to go for the full metal randomness as they just did, I’ll pass
  • Options
    Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Posts: 422 ★★★
    That is not how maths work
  • Options
    I like the idea of it.
    Back when 5* AG were fairly rare there was a period of time where every 3 months there would be a 5* AG in a side quest, I think that we’re at a similar point for 6* now.

I think that in this case it could have been the only unique reward rather than some getting a +5 sig stone and feeling a bit short changed
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    No... I am all for meaningful rewards, but it would be more appropriate to either give the same jackpot to everyone or make it a selector and let people say choose between a 6 star AG crystal, 10 x +5 6 star stone crystals, 45000 6 star shards, or both 1/2 of a T3A and 1/2 of a T6B.

even writing this I am not entirely sure which one I would pick... but it would let everyone who did the same content earn similar rewards.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,016 ★★★★
    They should with every month thats passing make the drop rate for getting 1 ag in the month from the side quest slightly higher until it will be a guaranteed reward by the time ppl will have 1 r5 6*
  • Options

That is not how maths work

Feel free to correct me please
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,818 Guardian
    edited November 2022
    id rather it have an even split on good rewards, than a jackpot of great rewards, and a high chance to pull trash all month.