**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Jessica Jones

2»

Comments

• Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,770 ★★★★★

I would still love to see a playable Jessica Jones someday. The trouble was finding a way to introduce her that does her justice. She's not just super strong, she's a great detective and really good at opening locked doors. Finding a way to translate that to the game isn't easy.

Maybe someday!

Maybe she can shut down signature abilities @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★
    Rookiie said:

I would still love to see a playable Jessica Jones someday. The trouble was finding a way to introduce her that does her justice. She's not just super strong, she's a great detective and really good at opening locked doors. Finding a way to translate that to the game isn't easy.

Maybe someday!

Maybe she can shut down signature abilities @Kabam Miike
    That's a different and really interesting mechanic, and could be quite nice to see added to the game. Could reflect her 'investigating' the opponent. I like it @Rookiie :)

Maybe add in some Physical Resistance Buffs, Unblockable and/or ability to inflict Concussion. Maybe Poisons have reduced Potency because she's known to have a drink or several (thinking of the Netflix show). This would make her a good choice with Suicide Masteries, which is ok.

She'd need a really good synergy with Luke Cage, a beneficial one with the likes of Daredevil/DDHK and the other Defenders and there you go.

Tags I'd expect her to have are #Offensive: Raw Damage, #Hero, #A-Force, #Defenders, #New Avengers.
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 499 ★★★
    Didnt she have a telepathic resistance in the comics after the purple man encounter. Make her a specific counter to psychic attacks including emma frost's power sting, reverse controls and stryfe's telepathic charges. Give her investigation as a signature ability that reduces ability/stats depending on the opponent. Give her decent scale up damage that is comparable to the god-tier champs and justified considering her powers. Good enough to make a solid champ.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    Ainy said:

Maybe someday!

but the way you worded this is funny... if you can find a way to translate freaking Galan into the game, I'm sure Jessica Jones should not be that big of a problem lol
    Im not a game designer ofc, but i was gonna say something like this lol I mean they managed to pull off Quicksilver! I cant see JJ as a problem.. maybe if we were talking Mystique...
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    SuelGames said:

Ainy said:

Maybe someday!

but the way you worded this is funny... if you can find a way to translate freaking Galan into the game, I'm sure Jessica Jones should not be that big of a problem lol
    Im not a game designer ofc, but i was gonna say something like this lol I mean they managed to pull off Quicksilver! I cant see JJ as a problem.. maybe if we were talking Mystique...
    I think the biggest issue was they wanted to play up the investigative side of Jessica more than just her brawler side which admittedly would be pretty straightforward but at the same time they want to do her right so here's the crossroads we are at.
  • Options
    Ainy said:

Maybe someday!

The problem is never finding a way. There's always a way. The issue is always finding a way that makes her a more compelling option than all the other character concepts fighting to enter the game.

Every Marvel character *can* be added to the game. But even if it lasts a hundred years, only a small fraction ever will be. So the characters that get added aren't the ones that can be. They are the ones that have at least one more reason to be added than the others.

When Miike says translating JJ into the game "isn't easy" he doesn't mean everyone at the company is suffering from concussions and can't think of a way. What he means is that it isn't easy to come up with a way to do so that makes her a more compelling option than all the other champions that have more things going for them, from tie-in cross marketing opportunities to story driven connections to game mechanical support to conceptual balancing, to character familiarity. If the only points in JJ's favor are that she has a lot of Netflix fans and we'll think of something when it comes to her powers, I'm pretty sure there are a hundred Marvel characters that have stronger cases to be made than that, and they will get in first.

What will it take for Jessica Jones to get added to the game? Probably it would take a character designer at Kabam deciding to take up her case and coming up with a set of compelling reasons to add her that are so good he or she convinces everyone else with a say in who gets added to go with their choice. In other words, it is hard in the same sense that it would be hard for someone on the forums to get everyone else to agree on who should be buffed next.
  • Options
    shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
    edited November 2022
    I think the main issue is creating a character that a) fully showcases Jessica Jones' powers, abilities, strengths, weaknesses, etc. while also b) having her not be a redo of some other character, c) making her an interesting champion that people will want to play, and d) having to choose between pulling from existing concepts in the game and risk a boring champion that no one wants, OR creating entirely new mechanics and risk her STILL being boring or being an exploitable champ like *shudder* Quake.
    As said before, Misty is the only other detective hero and even she didn't escape all of the backlash.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

SuelGames said:

Ainy said:

Maybe someday!

I think the biggest issue was they wanted to play up the investigative side of Jessica more than just her brawler side which admittedly would be pretty straightforward but at the same time they want to do her right so here's the crossroads we are at.
    Bro that doesnt make sense, i mean they release 2 champs every month and a LOT of times these 2 champs have absolute no conexion with one another, so i think they can come up with some bs story to introduce her. And her detective trait can be explored in terms of debuffs or some other mechanic, that rly doesnt seem like a big deal
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,383 ★★★★★
    Finally the defender im most hyped for and ever since watched the tv series seen her in games ive just always wanted to play her cant wait to start the 8th year playing with her
  • Options
    johnlaw3742johnlaw3742 Posts: 164
    well played

Maybe someday!

And by someday... I meant next month! https://youtu.be/MOylST5hu-8
  • Options
    AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★
    am I spending all of my units for a very small chance to get her from the special holiday crystals (assuming it's the updated GGCs or a new alternative to GGCs)?

• Options
    So was Jax implying April 1st (as in April Fool's joke) ?
    (although April 1st did not, and will not, fall on Tuesday this year or next)

• Options
    And, saving a screenshot from video of the Summoner's Choice mentioned, is this the new upcoming choice for 2023 ? (or just an example using a previous one, and they haven’t finished deciding on upcoming list ?).
    Don’t remember seeing “Armor” previously, so seems like this is the actual 2023 list ?

• Options

And, saving a screenshot from video of the Summoner's Choice mentioned, is this the new upcoming choice for 2023 ? (or just an example using a previous one, and they haven’t finished deciding on upcoming list ?).
    Don’t remember seeing “Armor” previously, so seems like this is the actual 2023 list ?

These were the contestants for the Underdog Vote! I know there was a little chatter about it on the forums. The vote took place on Twitter to bring back previous Summoner's Choice contestants who lost in first rounds in previous years. Bullseye has won, and the remaining prospective champs will be unveiled in the near future!
  • Options
    ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 212 ★★★

So was Jax implying April 1st (as in April Fool's joke) ?
    (although April 1st did not, and will not, fall on Tuesday this year or next)

This is a line from Deadpool.
  • Options

Maybe someday!

And by someday... I meant next month! https://youtu.be/MOylST5hu-8
    NOOOO WAYYYYY!!!

I cant believe this finally happened!! So pumped!!

Nice job listening to the community kabam!