**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Kabam could you please explain?

FrostyFoxFrostyFox Posts: 5
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
So last season we were demoted from Silver 1 to silver 2 and you told me and 2 other officers in my alliance that it’s because we had someone account sharing and we a thought ok that makes sense but now we have another problem, could you explain how we are going against a gold 3 while being in silver 2 even though we have a higher war rating.

Comments

• Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,294 Guardian
    edited November 2022
    Gold-3, Silver-2, etc, do NOT directly correlate to your War Rating.
    Those are based on your points (aka, wins/losses/multipliers) you get from the wars you do ONLY within the current season.

In fact no team is ANY Gold/Silver/Plat level until several wars into each new season.
    So you are maybe looking at Previous Season standing (or if this season's preliminary standings are already out, it would be only on a scant 3 wars so far).

War matching is done purely based on War Rating.

So you could be facing a similar WR team that happened to have done better last season and scored more points than they normally do, but have not yet exceeded their WR to such an extent that they would be too much above you to no longer be matched against you.

And as you said, your scores had put you at Silver-1 last season. Docking you points to give you Silver-2 rewards instead does NOT actually dock your War Rating, just your rewards. Your WR is still as it was when you were doing Silver-1 points last season.
  • Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★
    You do 2 bg wars, they might’ve done a few 3 bg ones and gotten more points that you even with a lower rating
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,105 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    Nobody's War rating right now is accurate. It takes at least three to five Wars for an accurate score to be presented so you'll be going across the board against people of all different skill and roster levels in the interim. But just cause they say gold doesn't mean they're really gold either.
  • Options
    FrostyFox said:

So last season we were demoted from Silver 1 to silver 2 and you told me and 2 other officers in my alliance that it’s because we had someone account sharing and we a thought ok that makes sense but now we have another problem, could you explain how we are going against a gold 3 while being in silver 2 even though we have a higher war rating.

Imagine I'm in a tier 1 alliance. But last season we decided to only participate in one war, and only one group, and everyone forgot to join until the last minute, and we ended up in Silver 2 because that's all the points we scored.

Do you think we should match against you?

The season brackets are based on the points you scored during the season. That's determined by a number of factors, including how many battlegroups you played and how many wars you participated in. Even if you win, you score more points when you explore more of the map and fewer when you explore less. Season brackets are a measure of productivity.

War tier is based on war rating, and war rating is computed based on wins and losses. Higher rating directly correlates to strength Stronger alliances get higher rating by beating their competition. Weaker alliances get lower rating by losing to their competition.

War matches are based on war rating, not last season's bracket. Match by rating tries to match you against alliances that win and lose at a comparable rate against comparable competition to you. Last season's bracket does not directly correlate to alliance strength.