**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Reasoning behind hidden values in AW

This is more a matter of curiosity rather than actual urgency or anything like that. I was just wondering if there was any particular reasoning why we cannot see all of the score values for our opponent in an alliance war until after the war is completed. It seems rather arbitrary, especially since we can see our own side's scores and the opponent can see theirs.

Granted, I could see an argument that the point totals constantly fluctuate and thus it would not be valuable. In that case, why bother showing us our score then too? It's obvious both sides' scores are calculated in real time anyways, so that isn't it.

Also, what's the point of not showing the enemy's defender diversity? They've literally already placed their characters, so the diversity is a foregone conclusion before you ever even attack. What's the point of not seeing it?

I just find it funny how you can visually estimate how much of the map the enemy has conquered, and yet the game refuses to tell you how much in an actual percentage they've covered as if the knowledge itself will win a war. Granted I am not some pro AW player, it may well be a factor. I don't know. Mostly just curious, looking to see if somebody can explain it.

Comments

• Options
    No idea why they hide it, but most higher tier wars you know if you based on defender kills, that's pretty much the only score that'll ever matter lol.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    There is no reason to hide it as you can work it out if you look around and know how the scoring works.

The hiding only punishes the ignorant.