**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Valkyrie vs Blackcat

Logan00Logan00 Posts: 564 ★★★
edited November 2022 in Strategy and Tips
For questing and battlegrounds mainly, I don't play aw , who would you invest in? Both 6* unduped

Valkyrie vs Blackcat 73 votes

Blackcat
43%
zuffyDarkrider05Vergeman78Hit_me_TwiceMoosetiptronicMysterioEugene_VirtuosoCistartJustcause102Mobile_P0tat0Hera1d_of_Ga1actusEwell65SSS69Aomine_Daiki10Bawa69poolstroke567SwarmOfRavensValmezMasterzxProAnlySpecM 32 votes
Valkyrie
56%
DrZolaSpeedbumpTerraYoMovesDragonMCOCRayhanIshaqueTotal_Domin01CassyTurguzKiptonadeyuw10or_Strongmikeimp123BadzeEtjamaOGAvengerDeaconWhoDaPooCtfz35Omedenn 41 votes
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Blackcat
    Valkyrie needs to be duped and high sig. Black Cat is still great unduped.
  • DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    edited November 2022
    Valkyrie
    I have them both at r3 and Valkerie is great unduped (have a skill awakening gem and haven't used it on her yet)...

And I have Black Cat duped...
  • Blackcat
    Seems like Valkyrie can be a good attacker unduped from what I've read on her, but Black Cat has ability accuracy reduction which makes her awesome. BC requires more skill though, so it depends on who you prefer based on your play style.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,390 ★★★★★
    Blackcat
    I like black cat better
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

This statement is incorrect. For Valkyrie’s full utility she needs to be duped and max sig.

If you think I’m wrong, take a look at some of @BitterSteel AW videos with Valkyrie.
  • Logan00Logan00 Posts: 564 ★★★
    I liked the ability reduction from black cat and maybe I am wrong but utility wise seems better than Valkyrie, both unduped, duped not sure. For easy to use not sure I just watched a video on Valkyrie and seems more difficult to me than Blackcat, but again I might be wrong as I don't have experience with any of them yet. Any players that have both, what are your thoughts? Thanks
  • Blackcat
    FiiNCH said:

This statement is incorrect. For Valkyrie’s full utility she needs to be duped and max sig.

If you think I’m wrong, take a look at some of @BitterSteel AW videos with Valkyrie.
    You've just said for her full utility she needs to be duped and max sig. What is the difference between that and me saying she needs to be duped and high sig? 🤔
  • Blackcat
    I'm seeing disagreeing with me saying black cat is great unduped, but also seeing disagreeing with valkyrie being great unduped. Exactly how are you helping the person asking for assistance with this post?
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    Valkyrie
    Logan00 said:

I liked the ability reduction from black cat and maybe I am wrong but utility wise seems better than Valkyrie, both unduped, duped not sure. For easy to use not sure I just watched a video on Valkyrie and seems more difficult to me than Blackcat, but again I might be wrong as I don't have experience with any of them yet. Any players that have both, what are your thoughts? Thanks

it all depends on if you're ok with an attack style that centers on hitting into block or if you prefer the typical style of attacking. both are pretty darn good. i prefer Valkyrie though. and no, she doesn't "need" to be duped and maxed. it's a nice utility bonus for sure but i have plenty of options for unstoppable and stun. she has everything you need to kill the defender unduped.

• AnlyAnly Posts: 615 ★★
    Blackcat
    Are ppl really sleeping on blackcat? Valkyrie is way worse
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

FiiNCH said:

You've just said for her full utility she needs to be duped and max sig. What is the difference between that and me saying she needs to be duped and high sig? 🤔
    You said she NEEDS to be duped and high sig full stop.

I’ve pointed out that’s only for her max utility. She has great damage unduped and her play-style unduped still gets around some annoying nodes like the hazard shift ones in AW.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    I have both and I like both. Been using Valkyrie more because I always find hitting into block a harder playstyle as you have to tease the AI into playing nice, but in time I plan to explore Felicia too.

Back to OP - I guess if they are both unduped Black Cat first as less of her utility is behind her sig, but in time I would invest in both as they counter different things and Valkyrie is still decent unawakened.
  • Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    Blackcat
    Love playing with black cat. She’s a Thing killer.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,998 ★★★★★

There is no right answer to this question, both champions are extremely good for different things. They both have ways of playing around difficult and problematic matchups, and both are pretty much “fire off sp2 after some setup combo/calling card manipulation and win the fight.”

Black Cat is *probably* better for longer form content because the difficult fights will have some manner of defensive ability for her to shut down to fuel her kit, and Valkyrie is *probably* better for more run of the mill stuff as she doesn’t really need the opponent to have abilities to shut down to reach peak potential. But both have their place as amazing skill champs.
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    Blackcat
    Black cat is better for battlegrounds
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Following.

Not sure who to R4 either

Black Kat is a champ you either love or hate from what I can see.
  • Logan00Logan00 Posts: 564 ★★★
    Pretty even poll, in any case both are great champions, so probably will rank them both in time. Thanks!