**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Matchmaking in BG needs real examination

Comments

• Options
    BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    I'm uncollected and all my matches today are against ppl like this:

This is my deck in comparison

Something is seriously wrong with matchmaking.
  • Options
    IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Posts: 172 ★★
    2 fights…

2 sandbaggers…

Why Kabam, just tell us why ?!?
  • Options

I'm uncollected and all my matches today are against ppl like this:

This is my deck in comparison

Something is seriously wrong with matchmaking.

Thought I'd try again, and got matched with this:

I'm not playing it anymore till its fixed
  • Options
    BonettiBonetti Posts: 6
    My team

Opponents team

Wich changes have been done, Kabam? I can’t see it…..

• Options
    Dragoon81Dragoon81 Posts: 147 ★★
    Unless I’m crazy they changed BGs champs Prestige from showing pure base to including the mastery bump. Feel like this is all that was really changed.
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Dragoon81 said:

Unless I’m crazy they changed BGs champs Prestige from showing pure base to including the mastery bump. Feel like this is all that was really changed.

Yeah, my game has been flipping back and forth between prestige and actual PI with no consistency at all. I wonder if that’s the change they actually made…
  • Options
    Asim38Asim38 Posts: 143
    Last night I did 6 rounds of battlegrounds. Out of those 6, 4 were against sandbaggers and 1 was against a modder. Sandbaggers are still ending up with choosing at least 2 of their stronger champs out of the 5 options in most cases. On rare occasions they end up with 1 out of their 7 chosen champs as a 1 star. It doesn't look like the changes have been made to put sandbaggers at a disadvantage in any way. In fact, I am finding more sandbaggers in Season 3 than Season 2. It was past 1am EST November 24th so I think its safe to say I was playing against sandbaggers POST reported changes made to matchmaking.
  • Options
    I know that we are mainly talking about sandbagging here but modders are also a big issue. Kabam has been weeding them out throughout the seasons and then taking action after the season ends BUT they still exist. The fact that they do not get rewards from Gladiator Circuit doesn't matter when you look at what they get from Victory Track:

Trophy Tokens: 45000
    Elder Marks: 3000
    3 Star Relic Shards: 4600
    4 Star Relic Shards: 5000
    5 Star Relic Shards: 8000

This takes 46 rounds of Battlegrounds to "achieve" for a modder. Only a handful of players made it to Gladiator Circuit last season (less than 25000?). Many couldn't climb past being matched up against modders.

I would request Kabam (Kabam Jax and @Kabam Miike ) that there be a method in place that, like people who get their units sent into negative, these acquired resources also be taken back and sent into negative if they have already been spent. This should discourage the modders from modding again the following season as these resources will always be taken away from them at the end of the season so they can never use them unless they play fairly and earn them back the next season.
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey @Kabam Jax !

Excited to announce that the planned changes to BG Matchmaking didn't work!

Hey Summoners,

So, it appears we jumped the gun with communicating the changes to matchmaking. Full transparency, everything looks like it should be working... but it's not. The team is investigating much deeper into these issues and we're hoping to have answers soon.

Apologies.
    Thanks for the acknowledgement Jax.
    I dunno what's happened, but the average pi of the decks I've faced are 11k.
    My average is 7.5k
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,091 ★★★★★
    Asim38 said:

I know that we are mainly talking about sandbagging here but modders are also a big issue. Kabam has been weeding them out throughout the seasons and then taking action after the season ends BUT they still exist. The fact that they do not get rewards from Gladiator Circuit doesn't matter when you look at what they get from Victory Track:

This takes 46 rounds of Battlegrounds to "achieve" for a modder. Only a handful of players made it to Gladiator Circuit last season (less than 25000?). Many couldn't climb past being matched up against modders.

I would request Kabam (Kabam Jax and @Kabam Miike ) that there be a method in place that, like people who get their units sent into negative, these acquired resources also be taken back and sent into negative if they have already been spent. This should discourage the modders from modding again the following season as these resources will always be taken away from them at the end of the season so they can never use them unless they play fairly and earn them back the next season.

Cheating is a much more complicated issue than sandbagging, and I hate to break it to you but modders will always exist no matter what. The thing is the people who make the cheats and sell them, are people who know a lot about programming so what happens is when Kabam adds security measures to prevent cheating, the people who make the cheats have to find a way to bypass these security measures (which they always end up doing hence no game in the world has managed to completely get rid of cheaters). Then they start selling these cheats to people again and those are the cheaters you see in the game, they're not the ones that make them, they just buy the accounts. So really, all they can do is ban accounts and add more security measures or change certain things in the algorithms but that will never stop cheaters 100%.
  • Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 226 ★★★
    Can you please communicate what the changes In matchmaking are meant to be. What is the aim of it, to match people on some measure of their best roster throughout the victory track or match people just based on their league? It would be good to clarify what sort of experience you want battlegrounds to be.
  • Options

Asim38 said:

Cheating is a much more complicated issue than sandbagging, and I hate to break it to you but modders will always exist no matter what. The thing is the people who make the cheats and sell them, are people who know a lot about programming so what happens is when Kabam adds security measures to prevent cheating, the people who make the cheats have to find a way to bypass these security measures (which they always end up doing hence no game in the world has managed to completely get rid of cheaters). Then they start selling these cheats to people again and those are the cheaters you see in the game, they're not the ones that make them, they just buy the accounts. So really, all they can do is ban accounts and add more security measures or change certain things in the algorithms but that will never stop cheaters 100%.
    I am not saying to eliminate modders altogether as much as all of us that don't cheat would want to. Because I know that it is inevitable. I am only asking to discourage the modders by taking away everything they acquired by cheating in Battlegrounds (and other areas of the game) even if that means sending those resources into negative. If they got 45000 trophy tokens in the season and spent it too, well now they should be sitting at -45000 trophy tokens. The best they can do then is only build back to 0 trophy tokens by playing a full season of Battlegrounds fairly. Cheaters are already investigated by Kabam throughout the season and after season ends. It makes sense to penalize them this way. Just taking away their Gladiator Circuit rank rewards isn't enough. This is in addition to any other actions like temporary bans that are placed on them.
  • Options
    _Pez_ said:

Can you please communicate what the changes In matchmaking are meant to be. What is the aim of it, to match people on some measure of their best roster throughout the victory track or match people just based on their league? It would be good to clarify what sort of experience you want battlegrounds to be.

Good point, if we knew the parameters of what matchmaking is based upon, we will know if it's working as intended.
  • Options
    Asim38 said:

Asim38 said:

I am not saying to eliminate modders altogether as much as all of us that don't cheat would want to. Because I know that it is inevitable. I am only asking to discourage the modders by taking away everything they acquired by cheating in Battlegrounds (and other areas of the game) even if that means sending those resources into negative. If they got 45000 trophy tokens in the season and spent it too, well now they should be sitting at -45000 trophy tokens. The best they can do then is only build back to 0 trophy tokens by playing a full season of Battlegrounds fairly. Cheaters are already investigated by Kabam throughout the season and after season ends. It makes sense to penalize them this way. Just taking away their Gladiator Circuit rank rewards isn't enough. This is in addition to any other actions like temporary bans that are placed on them.
    That would be a nightmare to code tbh, and there also wouldn't be much of a point in doing that since they end up getting banned after the season ends anyways. Also, as I mentioned, people will just continue to buy new accounts.
  • Options
    GhosturdGhosturd Posts: 32
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners!

Excited to announce that the planned changes to BG Matchmaking have been implemented!

From the game team: "Manipulating your decks will no longer get you a favourable matchup."

This should prevent sandbagging moving forward.

I'm a Cav player with 2 r2s and 1 r3 and this is a deck I versed today
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,562 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit what is wrong with matchmaking? I didn’t push hard to get paragon and a good deck to be constantly paired against other paragons. Not when you’re trying to get to the gladiator circuit. The whole point is to progress not be stuck in bronze because I’m fighting against other crazy paragon decks stronger than me. Reward the players that spent and grinded not penalize them.

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

You're Paragon but don't want to compete with other Paragon players?

You want to be in the big leagues, you gotta play with the big dogs.

Anyway, it has only been a few days and you have lots of time to move up. Too early to freak out about still being in Bronze.
    It’s no different than a paragon player loading their deck with 10 2*. It’s a joke and they try to take advantage of lower level accounts.
  • Options
    kevhugokevhugo Posts: 138 ★★
    edited November 2022
    Yeah I've had to go through some similar problems. I'm cavalier, that's beaten the grandmaster with no ranks 3s. My highest prestige champ on BG is around 11000. I've had to go against people with 20k + prestige champs. Obviously, I haven't faired too well against them.
  • Options
    K00shMaan said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit what is wrong with matchmaking? I didn’t push hard to get paragon and a good deck to be constantly paired against other paragons. Not when you’re trying to get to the gladiator circuit. The whole point is to progress not be stuck in bronze because I’m fighting against other crazy paragon decks stronger than me. Reward the players that spent and grinded not penalize them.

Anyway, it has only been a few days and you have lots of time to move up. Too early to freak out about still being in Bronze.
    Honestly, the guy has a point. This thread is full of matchups that are 10 times easier than anything I've come across in Bronze or Silver as a Paragon. You should face everyone in your tier because that actually allows you to benefit from building your roster. Can you guys not see the loop that happens if matchmaking works like this. If Paragons only fight Paragons then they'll have a much more difficult time getting out of Bronze. If the Paragons don't get out of Bronze, then there is a far greater chance that someone as a Thronebreaker might match a Paragon there. If the Thronebreakers occasionally have to face Paragons then they will have trouble getting out of Bronze. Then those Thronebreakers get matched against Cavaliers. Do you start to see the loop now? If you just stop restricting the matchmaking, the Paragons would be long gong from these tiers. Yes the first few days would suck with a smaller account but once the better players have moved on, the matchmaking will be much fairer as a result. Then Kabam just needs to find a way to earn ranking for the upcoming season so that we don't have to keep repeating this annoying cycle.
    They're 10 times easier because you're Paragon, for an Uncollected player that's an impossible to win match.
    The benefits you get from building your roster already exist, you can buy things from the store we can't, and if you're good enough you can make it to GC.
    Only thing I see is that if Paragons are allowed to play against Uncollected players, Uncollected players are going to be stuck in bronze for weeks. I'm not saying Paragons should only face Paragons but they shouldn't be allowed to face someone that's miles below them and stands zero chance of winning either. Not to mention, loads of Paragon players who aren't interested in going to GC would probably lose fights on purpose so they can stay at a league where they'll get weak players and get points for the solo event easily.
  • Options
    LiLbee2LiLbee2 Posts: 36
    kevhugo said:

Yeah I've had to go through some similar problems. I'm cavalier, that's beaten the grandmaster with no ranks 3s. My highest prestige champ on BG is around 11000. I've had to go against people with 20k + prestige champs. Obviously, I haven't faired too well against them.

That's correct, you are clearly at disadvantage, but once accounts like this move up, you will match accounts closer to you. You will get to GC, just a bit later. And keep working on your roster. Seems like skills are there. Only stronger roster and you will beat everyone!
  • Options
    TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Posts: 337 ★★★
    edited November 2022
    K00shMaan said:

Honestly, the guy has a point. This thread is full of matchups that are 10 times easier than anything I've come across in Bronze or Silver as a Paragon. You should face everyone in your tier because that actually allows you to benefit from building your roster. Can you guys not see the loop that happens if matchmaking works like this. If Paragons only fight Paragons then they'll have a much more difficult time getting out of Bronze. If the Paragons don't get out of Bronze, then there is a far greater chance that someone as a Thronebreaker might match a Paragon there. If the Thronebreakers occasionally have to face Paragons then they will have trouble getting out of Bronze. Then those Thronebreakers get matched against Cavaliers. Do you start to see the loop now? If you just stop restricting the matchmaking, the Paragons would be long gong from these tiers. Yes the first few days would suck with a smaller account but once the better players have moved on, the matchmaking will be much fairer as a result. Then Kabam just needs to find a way to earn ranking for the upcoming season so that we don't have to keep repeating this annoying cycle.
    This is great IN THEORY, except we UC and Cav players then lose a week gaining points toward our solo and alliance milestones while the Paragons and TBs have their way with us as they sandbag so they can get out of the lower tiers...

...except some Paragon and TB players will ALSO delay their entry into BG until the other players at those ranks move on, and then they’ll obliterate the UC and Cav players in the second week, putting those players now TWO weeks behind on earning any real kind of points.

If there is a way to game the system like that, someone will come up with it, like I just did without ever putting any real time or effort into thinking about it.
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey @Kabam Jax !

Excited to announce that the planned changes to BG Matchmaking didn't work!

Hey Summoners,

So, it appears we jumped the gun with communicating the changes to matchmaking. Full transparency, everything looks like it should be working... but it's not. The team is investigating much deeper into these issues and we're hoping to have answers soon.

Apologies.
    Well, thanks for acknowledging it at least, I hope this issue gets fixed soon I'm sick of not being able to play BG for the first two weeks.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★

K00shMaan said:

This is great IN THEORY, except we UC and Cav players then lose a week gaining points toward our solo and alliance milestones while the Paragons and TBs have their way with us as they sandbag so they can get out of the lower tiers...

...except some Paragon and TB players will ALSO delay their entry into BG until the other players at those ranks move on, and then they’ll obliterate the UC and Cav players in the second week, putting those players now TWO weeks behind on earning any real kind of points.

If there is a way to game the system like that, someone will come up with it, like I just did without ever putting any real time or effort into thinking about it.
    The only way to solve the problem is to have different pools based on progression and different reward structure.
    The other thing they can do is place all uncollected in bronze and based on higher progression, the tier you start also is higher and you get the rewards from lower tiers automatically once you do a matchup. That way higher progression accounts don’t have to rely on sandbagging to get out our bronze/silver.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 544 ★★★
    A link to denounce a cheater please? The guy restarted the game 22 seconds from the end and I lost because of that
  • Options
    PenzitoPenzito Posts: 51
    Lost 9 in a row now, usually was a 50/50 before. Now constantly up against rosters way more stacked, no matter what deck I try. Use all 5/65, they have all 6R3. Use 4/40s, they have max 5s and sandbagging the rest. Seems like no matter what I try, I'm outmatched heavily. Even if I was a good player the odds are pretty tough to overcome that.