**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Opinions On Relics

13»

Comments

• Options
    Nocko said:

Couldnt care less and couldn't give a **** on relics so far
    Such a nothing burger for me.... as above, the only real pratical use for me so far is to use them as a combo extension

maybe that will change but so far, i'd say this is a big swing and a big miss.

If you ever get a 5* hulk relic... put that on overseer and makes him insane.
  • Options
    n00bmaster69n00bmaster69 Posts: 67
    Too much complexity for something that's not very helpful. Been selling those embers or alloys or whatever they are called, for gold.
  • Options
    Soumemiakas1926Soumemiakas1926 Posts: 320 ★★★

Personally, I don't really care for them that much...

I think they are unecessary to the game. I don't like them.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I’m surprised not many have mentioned the passive stun that strikers bring. All other aspects of relics have been useless to me but I do use the passive stun to chain combos and push those champs to sp2 that are easier to evade or just finish them off with a final free combo.
    Passive stun works on stun immune nodes. I would say that is worth a non ranked 3* relic striker in many cases.
  • Options
    Caleb1705Caleb1705 Posts: 244 ★★
    I like the idea of finding the right relic for the right champ to add a passive boost, like extra energy damage on guardian or enhanced unstoppable on rintrah. I would like the strikers feature a lot more if the hits didn't add special power to defenders. With how freely kabam slaps energize features into nodes and kits these days the button feels more like something to get in the way of my block and dex inputs.
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Their biggest value for me is stunning NF on his 2nd life
  • Options

I’m surprised not many have mentioned the passive stun that strikers bring.

To be honest, I thought about writing up all the advantages of Relics, but I think at the moment it is better if most people don't think they are all that important. I don't think people fully appreciate the fact that the fact that so many people think they are ignorable is actually by design. I'm curious to see how long it will take for people to eventually figure this out and see them for what they are.

And yes, that is one of the things that I use them for. The relic stun allows for all sorts of things like finding openings, chaining longer sequences together, stuff that isn't game breaking, but still exploitable for advantages. Considering that these advantages are essentially coming for free, and many players are ignoring them, just means the balancing averages will shift in my favor. I'm fine with that.